Old 25th March 2006, 10:42   #31
BHPian

is aveo really good? havent read any of aveos reviews as yet
Old 27th March 2006, 17:53   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy
is aveo really good? havent read any of aveos reviews as yet
Is the Aveo not same as Daewoo Kalos as sold in Europe?
A review can be found here - http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain....=867&x=19&y=13
Old 27th March 2006, 18:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser
I personally dont like lifting it up for reverse gear.

Is that a old technology?
Most manual-gear Euro cars have this feature - you either have to lift the lever or a safety-ring on the reverse lever or some sort of catch, though it has been removed in some of the newer versions (for eg. Mondy had it upto 2003, but the lift-and-reverse safety ring disappeared in the 2004 model).
Old 28th March 2006, 06:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
One big flaw. AVEO dosent have a diesel engine, which Fiesta has.

AVEO 1.6 with VGIS still cannot beat the NHC VTEC in 0-100 or smoothness.

Regarding FE, spares cost, maintenance........it remains to be seen. Everything is speculation as of now.
Whats the point of a VTEC with better 0-100 timing when its not stable/safe at high speeds? Comes without airbags? no ABS? I think we have all ingredients of coffin on wheels.... I know I am going to be hammered for this, however I seriously feel that Honda VTEC new is more a desperate attempt to bring back Vtec Engine to City, than to give us a true performance car thats safe and stable.
Old 28th March 2006, 10:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I was going home from work at 9:30 when I saw some different looking headlights with a Chevy logo in my rvm. I knew it's not Optra, so i confirmed it's Aveo. I understood that i cannot keep him behind for long and so let him go.

I previously drove an Aveo in 2004 in US. Yesterday i was driving at 70 but still this Aveo zipped by so quick i thought he should be doing 80 or 90. It does look good on the road.

Though the power of this car amazed me, i felt sorry for the owner who might have never heard about drive-in period and did not find the time to read his user manual. The car is hardly 1 or 2 days old and he is pushing it too hard...
Old 28th March 2006, 10:38   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi
I totally agree here
You have my vote , the Old Lancer looks good and if you spend a little more money say 30 k for a engine boost you have a car competing with your new cars

Last edited by ancer : 28th March 2006 at 10:40.
Old 28th March 2006, 19:35   #37
BHPian

Aveo ! ! ! !

Hey guys... Maybe I am going off the the topic, but do the new cars have the drive-in period. I have recently booked Aveo and will get the delivery on Gudi Padwa, i.e. 30-March-06. The dealer told me that you can Rev the vehicle and drive even above 100 kph. According to him now the new cars being launched do not have a drive-in period.
Old 29th March 2006, 00:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_sizzlers
Hey guys... Maybe I am going off the the topic, but do the new cars have the drive-in period. I have recently booked Aveo and will get the delivery on Gudi Padwa, i.e. 30-March-06. The dealer told me that you can Rev the vehicle and drive even above 100 kph. According to him now the new cars being launched do not have a drive-in period.
there are no fixed rules and most dealers hardly know any technical aspect of the car. Its always better to be safe.
Old 29th March 2006, 01:22   #39
BANNED

one thing i do not understand is that the 8 lak market does not have automatic options which sucks, i loved the fiesta had to give it up because it did not offer auto and settled for a CVT. i liked the aveo nothing great though for sure in the car. the basics only. u have to spend around 9 laks for ABS and airbags anyways
Old 3rd April 2006, 01:47   #40
BHPian

Aveo is more beautiful and a refined looking car at a lower price tag with sufficient FE also so probably it will sell initially at least. In the long run it needs to be seen. GM is trying to sense the Indian market response. Which is why the UVA and the American SRV are not released as yet. If by the time when the current Aveo sales go down in any case then they have the UVA and the SRV to keep the sales registers full.

The competition will force others (Ford, Honda and Maruti) to come out with better schemes to capture the growing Indian market which is at its best in the world at present. Mitsubishi is also coming with its small cars to compete with Maruti which has probably lined up plans for 1.6 Swift Sports and probably the Suzuki SX4 also.

However at the end of the day, GM is here to stay. It has long plans and will still be aggressive in meeting its sales targets now that its US markets and factories have shut down. And Aveo is what they trust today. But will the Indian customer accept is what remains to be seen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks