Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2012, 08:08   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym
6 short commercials that preview 6 different features on the 3.
BMW releases six mildly funny 3-Series promos - one for Super Bowl XLVI

I am quite curious of the hands-free boot-lid opener. The woman only seems to slide her foot under the rear bumper to open the lid. Is this something which is unique to the 3 / BMW or are there other manufacturers which offer a similar feature, maybe with a different gesture to open the trunk ?
Thats the optional comfort access package that one needs to buy.

And 640d is already at the showrooms.
Old 6th February 2012, 09:38   #62
BHPian

re: SCOOP! 2012 F30 BMW 3 Series spied *UPDATE* Unveiled (Pg. 22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
Is this something which is unique to the 3 / BMW or are there other manufacturers which offer a similar feature, maybe with a different gesture to open the trunk ?
The new Ford Escape has also just incorporated this feature into their vehicle. Pretty neat and convenient I must say!
Old 7th February 2012, 14:42   #63
BHPian

Finally, a 3-Series that's worth a second look (aesthetically, at least).

I think the current 3-er so bland and confused that it just seems to me like it's fourteen feet of 'car'... any car. You could slap any badge on it and be convinced that it wasn't a BMW. The styling was just devoid of any character whatsoever on a macro and micro level.

This new one, however, goes a long way in adding some styling chutzpah to the 3-er.
Old 7th February 2012, 15:29   #64
Senior - BHPian

The media abroad is raving about the F30.

So far, what ever reviews that I read/ saw, the new 3er is putting a smile on every face. Hope BMW price is aggressively here.
Old 7th February 2012, 17:15   #65
Senior - BHPian

I like the bonnet sticking out ahead of the lights. I prefer this to the outgoing 3 series. I think this will outsell the A4 and the c-class.

Never heard of eco mode on any beamer before. Useful in our traffic congested metros where everyone is just crawling.

I am disappointed at the way they have landed though. BMW have a huge task in hand to get them back to shine before delivery. Hope the company can also meet the demand unlike the X1 which in certain cities had a wait of about 8 months.
Old 7th February 2012, 18:05   #66
Senior - BHPian

The 3 will be launched with a lot of inventory in stock which is why plans are to keep minimum variants at launch to avoid what happened with X1 where all wanted 20d and while those had a huge waiting clearing the petrols was a task,

BMW could easily have started few deliveries in March but then it would end up in a situation like X1 where in dec 2010 they had little stock and demand was high which died after months of waiting,

The 3 is going to hopefully clear all previous management and inventory woes,

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I like the bonnet sticking out ahead of the lights. I prefer this to the outgoing 3 series. I think this will outsell the A4 and the c-class.

Never heard of eco mode on any beamer before. Useful in our traffic congested metros where everyone is just crawling.

I am disappointed at the way they have landed though. BMW have a huge task in hand to get them back to shine before delivery. Hope the company can also meet the demand unlike the X1 which in certain cities had a wait of about 8 months.
Old 7th February 2012, 18:37   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
BMW could easily have started few deliveries in March but then it would end up in a situation like X1 where in dec 2010 they had little stock and demand was high which died after months of waiting,
Regards,
Very interesting point. I dont see many X1's on the roads in bangalore or elsewhere as the dealers suggested. I called the Bangalore dealer for a test drive and a booking and the representative simply gave me a plain 'no'. Despite being a repeat customer.

I guess people got tired of waiting.

When do bookings open for the new 3-series?
Old 7th February 2012, 23:08   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
how come they are at port as bmw assembles them over here only ? i mean local assembly
Destined for Pune. Homologation.
BeamerBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 03:29   #69

Is there any information on whether BMW plans to launch the amazing 330d with the new 3? (And I mean not in the coupe.)
Old 9th February 2012, 11:04   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
Destined for Pune. Homologation.
Happened to go to the showroom in Delhi and was told that a few cars do make it early for homologation. The showroom guys had no clue as to when these would be launched. One guy said May-June while the other was stuck at Q4 2012! Given the massive discounts for the current E90s, I guess it's only a matter of time.
Old 11th February 2012, 18:22   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05 View Post
... The showroom guys had no clue as to when these would be launched...
Sigh! Showroom Guys. What do you expect from them. It is good enough that they remember their respective names. So full of themselves and no clue about what matters.

Sorry for being off topic. Went to the Vasant Kunj outlet to pick up some BMW merchandise. The 'Showroom Guy' tells me that they are not for sale!
Old 13th February 2012, 10:02   #72
BHPian

Hey all,
Been to the BMW showroom again and am told that they have been instructed to get rid of stock. There are almost no options on Exclusive edition available now and the only cars left are the CE and Dynamic. Also, the discounts are also available only for a few more days since according to them, only the top variants will be launched initially.

What that does is create a gap of almost 10-11 lacs between the current discounted 320d CE and the proposed F30 Luxury edition. Their say is that the gap will be bridged by reducing discounts since Exclusive edition will be over in the next week or so.

As of now only the Red is available in all of Delhi-NCR (a personal favorite if you ask me!). For those of you who want to make that decision, the time may be ripe for negotiating the best discounts! I am getting a nice deal - hopefully!

Last edited by elantracrdi05 : 13th February 2012 at 10:17. Reason: Accidentally wrote F10 instead of F30
Old 13th February 2012, 14:03   #73
Senior - BHPian

No matter what the discounts are on the E90, Unless you only wish to stick to the corporate Ed. with a huge discount, try avoid any other models, yes you will pay a little more on F30, but it will break the segment unlike anything else, and do read any review and most international reviews claim it's not gone too soft nor has it lost much of the 3 DNA,

Really wait for the best car in this segment, it will be worth it, and the options and trims will be gorgeous,

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 16:24   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05 View Post

As of now only the Red is available in all of Delhi-NCR (a personal favorite if you ask me!). For those of you who want to make that decision, the time may be ripe for negotiating the best discounts! I am getting a nice deal - hopefully!
Out of curiousity, what discount have you been offered on the outgoing 320D?
Old 16th February 2012, 12:08   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Out of curiousity, what discount have you been offered on the outgoing 320D?
All-in discount in excess of 5 lac
elantracrdi05 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks