Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:43   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240
I've had more issues with 5G, but 7G now has been revised a lot and I assume all has been sorted out, and also do remember there will be little noise about 7G launch,

Its just going to quietly slip in, once 5G and its kits are all done with, so I don't you will see crazy discounting, which will happen in mid 2013 with the E's heavy facelift,

Regards,
There was a straight 5 lacs off on the ex showroom price of E200cgi last September. I picked up one. I expect mercedes to come out with deals for March.
Old 24th February 2012, 22:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639
So is it worth waiting for the E200 CGI or is the 5 speeder good enough for city use and chauffeur driven?

I've heard 7G-tronic has issues and is not as reliable as the old 5 speeder from all MB forums.

I'm guessing they will be launching the 7G sometime this year in E200 CGI. That time the discounts on the old 5 speed may be tempting.
I have been using an e200 cgi for the last 4.5 months and done 2000 km almost all of it on Chennai's main arterial road (Anna Salai). I drive it myself and there is not shortage of power even on the highway. I alternate between a CRV, and my dad's w211 E230 & bmw 730ld. So thats your power bench mark (my point here is that the power is satisfying, as long as you dont go out for a track day.) Gear shifts are mostly smooth save for some occational jolts, and one cant say its slow but its not quick either. Its not the best gearbox around, but you wouldnt complain. Its a great package especially when you sum key positives - the refinement levels inside the cabin, ride quality, rear wheel drive, equipment levels, the hydraulic steering (albeit slow, has good feedback and precise direction) and say something like a 5 lac discount (that I got last september.) If you are chauffeured around its even better, the gearbox wont bother you. There is some turbo whistle, not annoying but not very subtle either, in the mid range and higher rpms but that generates the extra torque that makes the car punchy.

We love the car so much that my dad plans to swap his w211 e230 for a new 200 cgi if he gets a similar / better discount.

About the 7 speed G tronic on my dad's car, it hasnt had any problems but has not even done 16000 kms. I also think the other w212 e classes come with 7 gtronic plus gear box, and I havent heard of any complaints from a friend who has done about 10000 km.

Last edited by 316kmph : 24th February 2012 at 22:23.
Old 25th February 2012, 14:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 Mercedes-Benz E 350 and GL models updated.

What Mercedes India really needs to do at this point is get the CLS250CDI and CLS350CDI,

No idea what and who made the decision to get the 350 petrol with those hideous alloys, and should have added ventilated and Multicontoured seats as standard,

Regards,
Old 20th November 2012, 12:59   #19
BHPian

Re: 2012 Mercedes-Benz E 350 and GL models updated.

I hope this is the right thread to post in. Mercedes has just launched the first ever tease video of the new upcoming E class.

Most note worthy are the new designed head lights featuring an LED setup and a petal shape with cornering assembly and in a long time the E is going for a different style in the lights featuring a single unit with two internal divisions rather than two distinct lights. Nothing else was revealed, I guess that will be done at the Detroit motor show.

Mods - How come the video is not being embedded? I have removed the s from the http.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd November 2012 at 21:27.

Most Viewed