Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 17:10   #46
BHPian

re: Scoop!! Facelifted Xylo E9 at dealer yard *UPDATE* Fresh pics with interiors on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseling View Post
I got to know from another rep that no plans of bringing an all new scorpio, I asked as the last major facelift happened in 2009 and I was told that there are no plans as of now, but dont expect anything in near future, nothing major for sure.
Well, Here's what happened. I met this rep at the recent Autocar performance show in Mumbai. He was going on and on about the XUV and I was least bothered. I started listing out all that is wrong with the XUV and why I dislike it. I even told him that I owned a Scorpio back in 2009 and even though it was the top variant, the VLX with the fancy immobilizer and all the fancy security equipment, it was stolen.

He then took my contact details and told me that there is going to be a new Scorpio launched soon and it will be much better than the current one. When I asked him when is it going to be launched, he told me that he was not authorized to pass on such information.

Could be a phoney! But nevertheless, that's what I was told.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2012 at 17:12. Reason: Quoted post has been edited
Old 1st February 2012, 18:40   #47
BHPian

re: Scoop!! Facelifted Xylo E9 at dealer yard *UPDATE* Fresh pics with interiors on Pg.6

Somehow to my eyes, it seems to resemble the Safari Merlin! Looks better than the current gen Xylo though.
Old 1st February 2012, 18:44   #48
Senior - BHPian

Our home-bred UV's are shedding their ruffian look and sporting geek looks: first the Merlin, now Xylo E9..
Old 1st February 2012, 19:04   #49
Senior - BHPian

Killer looks when compared to the earlier one. MM is going great guns with its design these days. But the XUV500 will suffer from this treatment to the Xylo.
Old 1st February 2012, 19:23   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
It has got some safari storme looks as well i think. The way the bonnet curves into the grill.
I too had exactly the same thought first time I saw the pics. This car looks fiercely similar Safari Storme. OMG!!!

Now is that a compliment for Xylo or a derogatory reference to Safari Storme, you decide
Old 1st February 2012, 20:13   #51
BHPian

M&M seem to be playing all their cards right. 1st the XUV & now this. Really hope Tata follow suit.
Old 1st February 2012, 20:33   #52
BHPian

The Xylo desperately needed a facelift, if not a re-design.

To me it looks a bit similar to the Safari Merlin (the front), and has cues from the XUV5OO. Just saying.
Old 1st February 2012, 20:52   #53
BHPian

It's really good to see at least one manufacturer with their ear to the ground/customer. And I am all the more happy M&M is the one! On the other hand, I am so disappointed with Tata - they could have done much more with the Sumo Grande, but chose to take the easy route out with Mark II. As someone mentioned, get yourself some Mahindra shares - they are here to do business!
Old 1st February 2012, 22:25   #54
BHPian

The Xylo will still remain among one of the ugliest cars in the Indian market, though Mahindra has tried hard to improve. I don't find this good enough to call it an improvement
Old 1st February 2012, 22:38   #55
BHPian

Thanks for sharing.

Sigh! Looks acceptable now. Some relief!

Any update on launch date btw?
Old 1st February 2012, 22:50   #56
BHPian

Now Xylo for me was designed like this: take a scorpio, make it air tight and fill lots of air in it. Result : it bulges all over. Final result : XYLO.Just hope now they dont make it look like a Bubbled up XUV.

Nonetheless, a better looking Xylo will atleast increase commercial footfalls in the dealerships.
Old 2nd February 2012, 00:38   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Much better looking front end, this one. Inspiration from it's commercial UV cousin - Genio, is pretty evident. The interiors still look the same.

It might get some more takers in personal UV market with this facelift!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 2nd February 2012 at 01:04.
Old 2nd February 2012, 01:11   #58
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2012 at 17:14.
BurningHeart is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd February 2012, 01:18   #59
BHPian

For a few initial seconds I though I was looking at an old scoop pic for Safari Storme !

It is definitely similar if not same. There are elements of XUV as well.

They should have added the front chrome lining as that in merlin and voilaah you have a xylo storme!

These M&M guys are so after the life of Tata
Old 2nd February 2012, 07:09   #60
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the scoop!

This is interesting. Definitely looks far better than the angry-potato look of the current version. Somehow looks like a cross between XUV and Safari Storme.

Would be interesting to see if there are any changes to the innova-flat side profile and the rear.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks