Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 14:03   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop!! Facelifted Xylo E9 at dealer yard *UPDATE* Fresh pics with interiors on Pg.6

The facelifted Xylo just looks cool am in love with it.
Thought they would just change the grille, and they changed the whole front looks.
Looks better than the car it was inspired from (the XUV500). Hope the mini Xylo also gets his front end.
p.s-lil' disappointed that the interiors haven't changed.
Old 1st February 2012, 14:06   #32
BHPian

re: Scoop!! Facelifted Xylo E9 at dealer yard *UPDATE* Fresh pics with interiors on Pg.6

Serious competition for Scorpio. mHawk, better looks, same or more level of gadgets, rounded design (no water channels just above doors).

If Xylo design needed an upgrade, how come Scorpio is still untouched?
Old 1st February 2012, 14:09   #33
BHPian

It has got some safari storme looks as well i think. The way the bonnet curves into the grill.
vista_qjd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 14:10   #34
BHPian

IMO , this is the best looking mahindra , with that XUV looks Sans that cheetah grill.
Any ideas if this was regular 7 / 8 seater or the rumored mini Xylo .

Edit :- Is this dealer in Delhi / NCR . ?

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 1st February 2012 at 14:11. Reason: added question
Old 1st February 2012, 14:11   #35
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggienomad View Post
Serious competition for Scorpio. mHawk, better looks, same or more level of gadgets, rounded design (no water channels just above doors).

FILO - First In Last Out. I guess they will get around to it as well possibly with a more exhaustive refresh but they did have a problem to solve first with the Xylo not really taking on the Innova as anticipated (though it still does reasonable numbers compared to some others) due to it's looks and a bit of quality and product feel issues.

Scorpio could be next but we have not seen a single sky shot of a refreshed Scorpio and the XUV turned out be a totally different breed.
Old 1st February 2012, 14:16   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
It looks pretty good. Better than the current Xylo. I think this smaller Xylo might find more than a few takers. Just hope they've worked on the ergonomics, because Mahindra has been known to muck it up.

If they price this well, this could be a serious contender in the blossoming mini-crossover market, even before the launch of the EcoSport, Duster..
This was no mini Xylo ! If you see carefully, there are XUVs standing on both sides of E9 and they look small in front of this beast. This one is next in series of E6, E8. Though I dont think these changes would come in other versions as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
For once, what was like after ages, a M&M front end design treatment gets an applause!
Great job with the styling, considering how they had messed up the previous design.

Any changes to the rear of the Xylo?
I couldnt get to the rear in totality. Barely was able to take off cover from rear right side to see the badging. The the feel is boxy pretty much like old Xylo but well finished into the whole body.

I could not take full pic but this one looks like a damn good MUV, surely better than innova in terms of styling, engine and creature comforts. Though reliability has been innova's USP for long. Side profile really looks like a well finished MUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Edit 2[/u][/b]:: I am still wondering how did the dealer let you take the pics!
He didnt. I asked him to fetch my Scorpio while I "cover" it up again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Very Good Scoop, this looks much better than its present avatar. Would this be the XUV which is under 4 meters?
This aint even a Xylo which is sub- 4 meter. Mini Xylo doesnt look like that. This seemed like the full deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post

O.T: Did you complete the PDI of your Scorpio after seeing this car?
No, they got the wrong vehicle in stockyard. My car is already at showroom and is being billed. I trust the have done their PDI as I have been very finicky customer. So much so that I got Bridgestone Duellers on my Scorpatron ! (More on it soon, delivery expected on Sunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
That one on the Scorpio was just for show no air blowing through it. It's absence means nothing interms of the engine variation eitherways.

Nope this is the Xylo could be the short one or more likely a refreshed long and version with the same frontal looks being shared with the soon to come mini Xylo (shortened version) as well. This is not an XUV. The interiors are clearly from the Xylo.
Again, not Mini-Xylo, but wouldnt I love to see that styling in Mini Xylo as well !

Last edited by Dieseling : 1st February 2012 at 14:21. Reason: spelling error
Dieseling is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 14:16   #37
BHPian

The E9 looks much better than the current one. As per the interference with Scorpio is concerned, I was told my an M&M rep that they are bringing a new Scorpio soon. Now, whether this is just a facelift or an All new Car, I don't know.
Old 1st February 2012, 14:23   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
The E9 looks much better than the current one. As per the interference with Scorpio is concerned, I was told my an M&M rep that they are bringing a new Scorpio soon. Now, whether this is just a facelift or an All new Car, I don't know.
I got to know from another rep that no plans of bringing an all new scorpio, I asked as the last major facelift happened in 2009 and I was told that there are no plans as of now, but dont expect anything in near future, nothing major for sure.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2012 at 17:11. Reason: No inappropriate language please
Old 1st February 2012, 14:25   #39
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseling View Post
This was no mini Xylo ! If you see carefully, there are XUVs standing on both sides of E9 and they look small in front of this beast. This one is next in series of E6, E8. Though I dont think these changes would come in other versions as well.

Again, not Mini-Xylo, but wouldnt I love to see that styling in Mini Xylo as well !
Would not justify a significant front look change just for 1 varient (that too among the lesser selling top end ones.) They would be among the first manufacturers to go down that path if they do. I feel this would be across the board though bits like the black cladding/air spoiler right at the bottom may not be present in all version.

It would make even more sense for the mini Xylos to also carry this same look, why start off with a new car with a look that already is not liked by a lot of people.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 15:06   #40
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2012 at 17:11.
georgev is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st February 2012, 15:08   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
IMO , this is the best looking mahindra , with that XUV looks Sans that cheetah grill.

Edit :- Is this dealer in Delhi / NCR ?
The one i saw was an 8 seater, Xylo proportions so no chance of it being a mini. Yes, the dealer is in NCR (Include Panipat and Alwar too )
Old 1st February 2012, 15:14   #42
Team-BHP Support

The Xylo looks XUV'ed.

The interiors definitely look better but the front ain't much to my liking. It is just too squarish.

Any news on the pricing?
Old 1st February 2012, 15:17   #43
BANNED

Any rear pics that you were able to take? IMO the Xylo looks equally horrible from the rear as well and warrants improvement.
Old 1st February 2012, 15:26   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That one on the Scorpio was just for show no air blowing through it. It's absence means nothing interms of the engine variation eitherways.
The scoop on the Scorpio with the MHawk is indeed functional, unlike the previous iteration of the same.

As for the Xylo, i remember it has some grooves near the bonnet which are used to channel the air in the same way as the bonnet scoop functions on the Scorpio. This would explain the missing bonnet scoop for the Xylo.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 15:45   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Quote:
The one i saw was an 8 seater, Xylo proportions so no chance of it being a mini.
Quote:
This was no mini Xylo ! If you see carefully, there are XUVs standing on both sides of E9 and they look small in front of this beast.
This HAS to be the Xylo face-lift! From reports, Mini Xylo is still being worked on the power train to reduce vibrations and is NOT production ready. On the other hand, regular Xylo facelift has been into test production [from 29 Jan 2012 as per the report I read] & is expected to be launched in a month or two. But I am surprised that at least one dealer got the vehicle already. May be the launch is quite close.

Quote:
This one is next in series of E6, E8. Though I dont think these changes would come in other versions as well.
Quote:
Would not justify a significant front look change just for 1 varient (that too among the lesser selling top end ones.)
This cannot be E9 alone! The facelift should apply to all variants. May be additional to the current variants, there will be a new variant E9 ! otherwise, all variants of Xylo should look the same.

Quote:
It would make even more sense for the mini Xylos to also carry this same look, why start off with a new car with a look that already is not liked by a lot of people.
Ideally if they want to have a killer pricing for mini Xylo, it should share parts with the regular Xylo. So in all probabilities, the front of Mini Xylo too will resemble the same is what I feel.

Quote:
Scorpio could be next but we have not seen a single sky shot of a refreshed Scorpio and the XUV turned out be a totally different breed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viggienomad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
..As per the interference with Scorpio is concerned, I was told my an M&M rep that they are bringing a new Scorpio soon. Now, whether this is just a facelift or an All new Car, I don't know.
Quote:
..I got to know from another rep that no plans of bringing an all new scorpio, I asked as the last major facelift happened in 2009 and I was told that there are no plans as of now, but dont expect anything in near future, nothing major for sure.
From what I read, ALL NEW SCORPIO is due in 2014. Guess that's what Hormazd tweeted some time back!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed