Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:10   #61
BHPian

re: Scoop!! Facelifted Xylo E9 at dealer yard *UPDATE* Fresh pics with interiors on Pg.6

With the new change to the facia, the UV has definitely grown up. All it remains to seen is if it has been able to shed some baby fat

Well, MnM seems to have adopted a mantra, whatever TATA can do, we can do better, much better.

Although Xylo facelift may not set the charts on fire, but am sure it will gather much higher eye-balls & footfalls in the showroom.
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop!! Facelifted Xylo E9 at dealer yard *UPDATE* Fresh pics with interiors on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Definitely looks far better than the angry-potato look of the current version.
I've been looking for an apt description for the thing - and this - is - it! Thanks!
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:06   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
High time, I should go buy M&M shares. Their product portfolio is almost striking all the right notes. This is really a good improvement on the looks department - among the biggest drawback of Xylo, IMO.
I bought more when I saw the specs and pics of XUV500 and bought more when the vehicle was overbooked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Is it Xylo E9 for real, looks like XUV5OO to me. Or is M&M trying to give the Xylo a facelift based on the XUV looks.
I feel the same. My doubt is will this new Xylo eat into XUV500 potential buyers?. M&M might be waiting for the XUV booking to close to launch this

Last edited by Tommie : 2nd February 2012 at 16:10.
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:15   #64
Senior - BHPian

I liked the smart nudge guards built into the bumper, will keep the 2/3-wheelers away and prevent the irritating scratches.

Name:  Nudge.gif
Views: 3347
Size:  31.8 KB

The front also looks good.
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:48   #65
Senior - BHPian

is it the permanent nudge guards or for transportation purpose i saw a lot of same kind of Black thermocal kind of pieces sticks in all doors and bonnet especially prone to damage edges.
Old 2nd February 2012, 17:15   #66
BHPian

looks very neat, If this was the launch spec surely innova sales would have been at least 20% lesser
way to go Mahindra
Old 2nd February 2012, 17:30   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

I like the design much better than the current Xylo.

But still, not to nit pick,

Am I the only one seeing similarity between this & the Qualis? bonnet + front grill + bumper?

As others said, there is a marked similarity with Merlin too.

Over all, I am quite happy that M&M has come way ahead with their designs and understand what Indian market prefer, also their willingness to incorporate the user feed-backs into the vehicles and make it a better package. Guess the mini Xylo will be another promising package when it is revealed! I hope they have worked on the ride quality / body roll. Bringing in the M-Hawk engine should address the reliability issues I guess!
Old 2nd February 2012, 17:36   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
is it the permanent nudge guards or for transportation purpose i saw a lot of same kind of Black thermocal kind of pieces sticks in all doors and bonnet especially prone to damage edges.
I think it should be a standard piece of kit.
Remember seeing spy photos of the Xylo on Indianautosblog.com and it shows use of black plastic trim around the rear wheel arches and along the side of the vehicle including blacked-out B, C and D pillars.
Link found here: Tail light of the Mahindra Xylo facelift spied
Old 2nd February 2012, 21:34   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
I like the design much better than the current Xylo.

But still, not to nit pick,

Am I the only one seeing similarity between this & the Qualis? bonnet + front grill + bumper?
+1. Looks like more of a face lifted version of Qualis from dead front end.

It's an improvement over current Xylo but I will reserve my comments until I see how the front is integrated with side and back design.
Nitrous Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 21:42   #70
Senior - BHPian

If Mahindra can sort out niggles in Xylo like Rattles, Glove box not closing, Flimsy bottle holder for 2nd row passenger, I am sure Xylo will eat into shares of competitors (Grande, Innova to an extent).

If as rumoured, M&M launches a 4X4 Xylo, It would eat into Safari / Merlin sales too.
Old 2nd February 2012, 21:52   #71

M&M finally seems to be hiring designers! I wish they had paid attention to the interiors too .
Old 2nd February 2012, 22:47   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I liked the smart nudge guards built into the bumper, will keep the 2/3-wheelers away and prevent the irritating scratches.
This is good practicality shown by M&M and getting a new meaning to Made for India cars. This might also be pedestrian friendly feature to just give them a nudge just in case avoiding them may not be completly possible. Gives the vehicle a very different look too. I like what they have done to the front, let us see how the rear shapes up, the earlier one looked like some had a backpain and are standing straight.
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:01   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
I bought more when I saw the specs and pics of XUV500 and bought more when the vehicle was overbooked.
Its all depends on the profit made, not just the no of units sold. With the current XUV pricing, not sure how much profit XUV makes per unit. I will be hesistant to buy MM stock until i am clear of this. Next financial report could give some hindsight? OT
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:15   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
For once, what was like after ages, a M&M front end design treatment gets an applause!
Great job with the styling, considering how they had messed up the previous design.

Any changes to the rear of the Xylo?
Thank God. The front styling is realy a great welcome with out loosing its aggressiveness and not looking too gentle unlike Safari Storme.

Hope a few features of XUV 5OO too are added in this E9 version!
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:28   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The Xylo looks XUV'ed.

The interiors definitely look better but the front ain't much to my liking. It is just too squarish.

Any news on the pricing?
Pardon me for the delayed reply. The dealer mentioned the price is expected to be "somewhere" around Rs 10L (I am assuming ex-showroom, Delhi). Assuming E8 costs pretty much same as SLE OTR, this would surely go above SLE but maybe remain below VLX, OTR.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks