Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: January 2012 : Indian Car Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Either they didn't sell any Fiesta Classic in Jan (unlikely unless they stopped production) or I think Ford has started to club Fiesta Classic/New Fiesta numbers to make it look respectable.
Thats highly unlikely, surely Fiesta Classics must have been sold in sizeable nos. They cant club the Classic and New Fiesta nos together, coz they are totally in two different price ranges and two different models. Dec month sales showed a combined sales of approx 1700 units, Jan month sales shows a mere 1400+ units. Was expecting a rise in the sales of the New Fiesta atleast post the 75K discount being offered.
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:22   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM

Sadly Natural calamities or you can call it Nature's fury is the only reason for the fall of Honda India sales.

But with the kind of Quality they provide, it will very soon be at the top of its game
No, natural calamities arent the only reasons. Honda showrooms are empty. People arent not coming to honda as frequantly as they did. They seek better value. Honda has been a good brand name and very reliable engine but let's face it- it has been overpriced for the thin metal sheet surrounding that lovely engine. Consumers are getting more at same price points. And 2012 City has been horrendous as compared to previous versions in terms of backseat comfort and handling. I took a test drive and I was really surpisingly disappointed.
Dieseling is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:33   #48
J.Ravi

Excellent number for Punto after a long time. Linea's numbers are slowly, but steadily increasing every month. Hope, this trend continues with sustained publicity campaign from FIAT India.

Old 2nd February 2012, 08:55   #49
BHPian

I think Punto/Linea numbers are more to do with the new models that are shipped to dealers. Should wait and see next couple of months to actually know the facts.
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:38   #50
Senior - BHPian

Woah! Look at Altis's spike! The order backlog might have been getting cleared. Also, no Brio and Jazz sales? I didnt know they stopped the deliveries altogether.

Good move by Nissan by getting the Sunny in. It has sold well in the last 6 months. Lets see if they can sustain the sales. They would need to multiply their sales and service centers.

The sudden surge in Fiat numbers is also surprising. But personally, I think its just the January effect. February and March numbers can give a better picture.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 2nd February 2012 at 09:42.
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:48   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: January 2012 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis

The sales figures of Fiesta Classic is missing. Could you please add that too?

Thanks

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th February 2012 at 01:15. Reason: Please avoid quoting such large posts, thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:50   #52
BHPian

Brilliant way of presenting the numbers! We're a spoilt lot here at T-BHP . Looks like there's no stopping the Alto; the EON is still going stead at 6-7K and doesnt look like it made a dent in the Alto's sales ... will be interesting to see how things shape up during mid year. I also dont see many Eons on the Road... Hyundai has now slipped to #3... they better come up with something really "sweet" for the market ...else Nano might just overtake Eon's sales (I think it already did this month ... didn't it ? )
vsathyap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:54   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
Toyota Camry might not be VFM for Indian market, but I still don't understand how it has ZERO volume for the last two months. Has Toyota taken it off completely
They stopped importing and selling the Camry in August/Sept. Sales in Oct and Nov were stock clearances. A new model of the Camry, the 2012 model year, is being introduced in March '12.

Cheers!
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:10   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
I don't see sale figure of Fiesta Classic. Has it been discontinued?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Jalsa can you provide the break up of Fiesta - New & Classic. The figures you mentioned are not clear whether they are New Fiesta sales or the classic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
There's nothing missing in the numbers. As mentioned in the opening post, 9137 is the total domestic sales for Ford in Jan - the same number is on Ford India site as well. Either they didn't sell any Fiesta Classic in Jan (unlikely unless they stopped production) or I think Ford has started to club Fiesta Classic/New Fiesta numbers to make it look respectable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Edit: Is the Fiesta figure combined (Classic + New Fiesta)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thats highly unlikely, surely Fiesta Classics must have been sold in sizeable nos. They cant club the Classic and New Fiesta nos together, coz they are totally in two different price ranges and two different models. Dec month sales showed a combined sales of approx 1700 units, Jan month sales shows a mere 1400+ units. Was expecting a rise in the sales of the New Fiesta atleast post the 75K discount being offered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
The sales figures of Fiesta Classic is missing. Could you please add that too?

Thanks
Guys, while looking at the pretty pictures, also please read the footnote at the bottom of the first post. Its clearly mentioned by Jalsa that the numbers for the new Fiesta and the Classic have been clubbed by Ford. Hope that clears the confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
NOTE : ......
Ford appears to have combined the sales figures of the New Fiesta and the Fiesta Classic, hence there is an artificial spike in the numbers and it has been omitted from the MoM lists.
Neilguy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:39   #55
Senior - BHPian

Where is GTO's analysis? Much awaited!

Is this the largest number in a month for the Alto?
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:39   #56
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata - Snatches the nr 2 position from Hyundai. Nano not going as expected. Stabilizing in the 10000 range!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
TATA :
NAno seems to be settling on 7K units. Not bad I feel. Atleast consistency brings confidence.
Indica+Vista : Good numbers, but how many of them are Vistas coz I haven't seen a single Sedan Class Vista on road. Is it all eV Indicas.
Manza+Indigo : Again consistency brings confidence
Aria : Now just compare how many plus 15L cars/SUV's sell even the number Aria manages. Though they still say its a dud.
Venture : good vehicle, lost in the confusion between public carrier and personal senseful ownership.
Speaking just about TATA on this Post.

Yep Nano seems to be stabilizing at respectable numbers but is should be so much more and there in lies a missed opportunity. But we need fear not as there will be a second change with the diesel if they can sustain numbers in the 5-10k range till the diesel turns up the history books could still be rewritten with numbers close to 30k - i.e. if the govt let the smaller diesels remain relatively untouched with any significant additional tax.

On the Safari - People still picking up the older shape though the newer one is announced. But then these could be older bookings (dec) prior to the newer shape being shown in public at start of Jan. Most would be 2011 manufactured units at signficant dicounts - but that holds true for all manufacturers.

On the Venture / Magic - They still are unknown vehicles for most and it will take time and a sustained campaign to get them going but time is what they need the most.

On the Aria - Yep another way to look at it is number of other vehicles selling in its number range for the price and if we leave the fortuner aside there don't seem to be too many others. But yes it should have been better priced and marketed from the start itself with a 4X2 option. Infact even now it could be the highest selling 4X4 /(AWD) vehicle varient (i.e. including customers who opt of it) if we leave out the Fortuner across the entire price range. Mahindra does not seem to be shipping AWD W8 XUV right now nor are there too many being sold under Safari and Scorpio range. But these are assumptions and could be wrong.

I feel the new Vista and Manza numbers would be greater than that of the pervious generation varients by now but the way they give their figures we will not know for sure for now.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th February 2012 at 01:16. Reason: Fixed quotes :)
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:27   #57
BHPian

The Toyota Fortuner again inches close to the 1k mark, highest for the D2 SUV segment by a long shot. The out going model had a very strong demand in-spite of the launch of the new variant. Kudos to Toyota for maintaining their product strength.
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:28   #58
Senior - BHPian

1600 units of Punto is unbelievable !

Vento sells more than the Rapid, inspite of Rapid being cheaper.

Inspite of the heavy discounts, Aria sold a measly 497 units, so definitely price is not the only factor affecting Aria.

The facelift worked for Innova I guess - 6794 units!

The XUV dint affect the Scorpio as we initially thought.

Good that the Xylo is receiving a facelift, the numbers are falling.

The EON is selling nowhere as Hyundai would have projected.

The Swift remains the segment KING!
Old 2nd February 2012, 12:20   #59
Senior - BHPian

fo people panning the sales of the Aria, just look at the sales of a similarly prices SUV- the Yeti- that shuld put things in perspective
Old 2nd February 2012, 12:34   #60
Senior - BHPian

My thoughts:

Its just my feeling or others have also noticed the same about Eon? I guess Eon is eating up the sales of Santro & i10 only. Forget Alto altogether. It has not affected Alto sales by 2% also. But surely it has affected numbers of Santro & i10. Santro is below 5 K now from 7+ k few months back and i10 is down to 10K + from 13-14K + sales. So effectively Eon has won very few new customers.

Nano 2012 has the potential to do more numbers i guess. It should do more than 10k + at least. Aria is doing ok i guess. 500 is not at all bad number. I guess XUV 500 has impacted the numbers. Else after price cut Aria would have sold more than 750 + i guess at least. Sumo is doing great numbers. Surely with Sumo Gold.

Maruti Van is still going strong & no one can beat them i guess. In India i guess Van can be sold for next 25 years as well. So that it can complete 50 + years in the market. Eeco can do better numbers i guess. Its a wonderful utility vehicle at that price. If they make it better, they will be able to sell more.

GM still selling Aveo is a surprise for me. I guess it should have stopped long ago only. Such non selling models creates bad impression for the company when customer visits showroom.

Innova numbers are just great !!! Hats off to Toyota for selling it at premium price. Lets see if New Xylo face lift can change that.

Bolero numbers are increasing steadily. More than 9k + is great numbers i guess. Hats off to Mahindra for that.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks