Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 22:51   #31
BHPian

Re: January 2012 : Indian Car Sales

Its good for Nissan to quikly launch the Sunny in Diesel format to cash on new model freshness and value for money traits. Very good to see Nano getting sales figure it deserves with some consistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
Good spike in sales for Sunny, Nano and Punto!

Honda had a painful month. It is a shame that excellent products like Brio, Jazz (especially post price cut) are not moving at all due to production constraints. Just unbelievable that a company like Honda, otherwise meticulous in planning and execution, could not better mitigate risks like east Asian floods - plan better. One can only hope this will be an experience they will learn from.
Jazz bookings have been stopped in Chhattisgarh, I don't know about other places though.
Old 1st February 2012, 23:18   #32
BHPian

Well deserved 5 stars to the thread. Well accounted, put forward and great effort.

Coming to cars,

Maruti :
The new swift seems to stop at nothing. Good car getting the deserved.
New Dzire should change the story again.
GV and Kizashi, liberties only MSL can have.

TATA :
NAno seems to be settling on 7K units. Not bad I feel. Atleast consistency brings confidence.
Indica+Vista : Good numbers, but how many of them are Vistas coz I haven't seen a single Sedan Class Vista on road. Is it all eV Indicas.
Manza+Indigo : Again consistency brings confidence
Aria : Now just compare how many plus 15L cars/SUV's sell even the number Aria manages. Though they still say its a dud.
Venture : good vehicle, lost in the confusion between public carrier and personal senseful ownership.

Mahindra :
Kudos to them, brilliant marketing and design team.All models just outsell their competitors (Xylo and Verito not considered). And the way XUV set the stage on fire, it was commendable.

FIAT :
They should have gone under water much earlier (refer new advrt). Seems the punto just breathed again. 1600 was history since ages. Lets see how long it can pull that.

Rest others BRIO and JAZZ from the Honda stable managed a duck. I never liked Brio, but Jazz with all its practicality simply needs a diesel which Honda doesn't have, So a good car will never sell any more. If Honda stops selling City, even HM can get past them in numbers.

For me, I just love to follow the Tata and Mahindra numbers. And they seem to be lovely.
Old 1st February 2012, 23:20   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
'Johnny come lately' Nissan does 5k and the big Honda manages just 1.7k. I think alarm bells must be ringing at Honda Siel as to how to get themselves back on the pedestal they once occupied. Nissan has to be watched closely; I think it's getting the right mix of products that market needs.
Absolutely!! I think the Japanese can teach reliability to the entire world. Not even one single Jap manufacturer can be accused for poor reliability at least here in India. Let it be Toyota, Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Honda.

I think in our country we love Japs, and it shows. Nissan is surely treading slowly but damn firmly. After all it's Japanese.

And Innova and Punto, yes may be 2012 models have upped the tally. Got to wait and watch.

Last edited by rangarx : 1st February 2012 at 23:22. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Old 1st February 2012, 23:21   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
The Xylo though deserves better sales, think its time for a mid life revamp. Its been three years since launch and is due a facelift, or for that matter any reason to get rid of that front.
You have missed this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...stockyard.html

I don't see sale figure of Fiesta Classic. Has it been discontinued?
DevilsCry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 23:26   #35
BHPian

Happy to see FIAT sales back to 4 digits, hope they come with separate A.S.S/showrooms and more better marketing to kill people's perception on FIAT like the one below.
Nissan boomed with sunny diesel, they could be eating in to others sales with more dealerships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
FIAT :
They should have gone under water much earlier (refer new advrt). Seems the punto just breathed again. 1600 was history since ages. Lets see how long it can pull that.
what are you trying to say?

Last edited by RIC.BURNS : 1st February 2012 at 23:35.
Old 1st February 2012, 23:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Nissan is to watch out for guys.
They are keeping a low profile but they are doing some damn good stuff.

Good to see FIAT pulling in some numbers.
Old 1st February 2012, 23:36   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki - Swift with its numbers deserves the name of ' the National' car! Amazing run continues in all its versions! Wagon R too has good steady numbers in 2011 and trend continues. Interesting to note how the New Dzire will fare, IMO, would complement Suzuki with the needed numbers!

Fiat - Some good movement in the Punto numbers. Hope the trend continues.

Hyundai - Relegated to the number 3, overtaken by Tata's. Verna seem to consolidate in the 4500 band.

Toyota - Overall a good month with Innova leading

Tata - Snatches the nr 2 position from Hyundai. Nano not going as expected. Stabilizing in the 10000 range!

Auto-maker VE Commercial Vehicles (VECV) has stated that it has recorded a 5.22 percent jump in total sales to 3,708 units in January, 2012. The company, which is a joint venture between Volvo Group and Eicher Motors, sold 3,524 units in the same month last year.

VE Commercial Vehicles report 5 percent growth in January | WheelsUnplugged

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st February 2012 at 23:49.
Old 2nd February 2012, 00:07   #38
BHPian

VW has started the production of the 2012 Vento Highline only in Jan 3rd week. Only the Trendline Vento was dispatched till say about Jan 21st. I think next month the sales of the Vento must improve and i have heard that there is a Vento comfortline to be launched in the next 2 months. The Passat has been the best seller in its segment but only marginally. VW must offer its DSG gearbox for the Jetta across its range just like Skoda does on the Laura. Very decent numbers for the Polo considering its price.

Toyota are putting an impressive show with the Innova there seems to be no competition for this MUV in the near future. The XUV500 does not seem to impact the Innova, ever since the XUV500 was launched the Innova numbers have been growing. The XUV500 might be a great car but i think people still prefer the Innova's bullet proof reliability, Toyota's *** & brand image. There is no car in the 10L+ budget that has been able to sell as well as the Innova. Its the 7th year in the running for the Innova and only facelifts have been made and still it commands a waiting time of 4 to 6 months.

For Ford, the Figo has done very well. The new Fiesta is improving but the numbers for the Fiesta Classic are missing. It would be interesting to see how the Classic compares to the new one.
Old 2nd February 2012, 00:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

I am quite happy to see the sumo doing well. Can someone confirm if its SUMO Gold effect or new improved Grande effect?
Old 2nd February 2012, 00:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
True, sad to see such wonderful car performing below par on the sales chart. The continuing downtrend can be attributed to the rise of Rapid which is eating the Vento. I do not like the strategy adopted by VW/Skoda to rebrand Vento as Rapid and dilute the brand value.
Each month add up the Vento + Rapid numbers and the reason should be crystal clear ! The Chakan plant's capacity of 4000 Ventos per month is getting distributed across these 2 cars . Month on month Vento + Rapid has been :-
November ( 3055 + 957 = 4012)
December ( 2437 + 1296 = 3733 )
January ( 2143 + 1513 = 3656 )
Given the capacity constraints both Vento's and Rapid's growths would be stunted - not a true reflection of the demand for either of the cars.

Superb run by Nissan and the Caar ! At the top end of sales , what a smashing month for the Alto and the Swift. I hope that with 2012 Dzire, the sagging fortunes of SX4 would also be revived since there would be clear cut differentiation between the products from the same stable

Brio and Jazz = 0 ? Its a shame that bad pricing , bad timing and bad luck has conspired to kill these nice cars ! Once a lemon ( on the sales chart) its very difficult to revive the fortunes !
Old 2nd February 2012, 00:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

Fiat had stopped the sales till January 3rd, right? So, did they manage to sell so many in just about 26 days? Possibly it includes the sales of older models that were unsold last year.

Honda is paying big time for not thinking about the future when this century began. When all global players (especially those with presence in Europe and Asia) invested in innovating diesel technology, Honda were busy making their engines E10 compatible. How can one company read the future wrong when everyone else got it right?
Old 2nd February 2012, 04:33   #42
Team-BHP Support

New engine notwithstanding, its interesting to see the Bolero still manage to steamroll its way through the sales figures!

I'm happy the way the Sunny is panning out for Nissan. As a manufacturer, Nissan is no way behind the other Japs, it was just a matter of getting in the right car to India. In the Sunny, they have managed that. Now, if only they were to beef up their service network across the country.
Old 2nd February 2012, 07:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Jalsa for the figures and statistics. Have you officially taken over from GTO for the most awaited thread of the month.

Nissan Sunny has seen a fantastic jump post the diesel launch, is there any figures for the Diesel Sunny only?

Wow, Seems like Fiat are back into business with 1600 Puntos and 500+ Lineas. I guess this was the old stock post the Fiat announcement of 2012 Punto's/Lineas.

@Jalsa can you provide the break up of Fiesta - New & Classic. The figures you mentioned are not clear whether they are New Fiesta sales or the classic.
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:00   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Fiat had stopped the sales till January 3rd, right? So, did they manage to sell so many in just about 26 days? Possibly it includes the sales of older models that were unsold last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Wow, Seems like Fiat are back into business with 1600 Puntos and 500+ Lineas. I guess this was the old stock post the Fiat announcement of 2012 Punto's/Lineas.
There may have been some unsold old stock lying with the dealers, but since these sales numbers are the cars sold by the manufacturer to dealers in Jan, I'm pretty sure most of these must be 2012 Punto/Linea. Of course, this will include cars booked in Dec, but not delivered and/or just people waiting for the new year to book the cars. Coming months will tell us if Fiat sales are really on the upswing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv007 View Post
The new Fiesta is improving but the numbers for the Fiesta Classic are missing. It would be interesting to see how the Classic compares to the new one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Jalsa can you provide the break up of Fiesta - New & Classic. The figures you mentioned are not clear whether they are New Fiesta sales or the classic.
There's nothing missing in the numbers. As mentioned in the opening post, 9137 is the total domestic sales for Ford in Jan - the same number is on Ford India site as well. Either they didn't sell any Fiesta Classic in Jan (unlikely unless they stopped production) or I think Ford has started to club Fiesta Classic/New Fiesta numbers to make it look respectable.
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:10   #45
Team-BHP Support

Altis doing very well in the luxury C segment (better than the combined figures for Laura and Jetta). And good to see Fiat gaining some ground!

Edit: Is the Fiesta figure combined (Classic + New Fiesta)?

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd February 2012 at 08:10. Reason: question added
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks