Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2012, 19:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: What is the Hottest Car on the Forum?

Forget the numbers for a moment guys. Speaking of hotness, ain't she a real hot one? The red hot heart beat!

What is the Hottest Car on the Forum?-tbhp-pix1.jpg
Old 4th February 2012, 19:32   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I always thought XUV 500 led the way! Because I remember the way the pages kept adding during the launch & price announcement days. When I do accept Figo has garnered some numbers, wouldn't it be unfair to check on the viewership in different time frames for most cars? Figo thread has been around for more time than XUV 500 thread.

Also I believe Figo's launch + price announcement + official review was done on the same day(?) while XUV was unveiled on one day, price announcement done on another day & official review came pretty late after that. Remember all the views till the official review thread was on another thread which was locked out when the official review launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Forget the numbers for a moment guys. Speaking of hotness, ain't she a real hot one? The red hot heart beat!

Attachment 882535
Ideally that pic should have been in your ownership thread. The thread is NOT about personal vehicles nor visual appeal; so I personally feel it's digressing the topic a bit.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th February 2012 at 19:34.
Old 4th February 2012, 20:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
^^And to add on, Figo owners are one of the most active lot in the thread. Loads of information sharing around the positives and negatives of the car. And afterall, its last year’s Team-BHP car of the year!
Spot on! I am subscribed to a few official review threads and Figo's is the one most frequently updated.

Now only if Ford reads this and brings out that eluding 100bhp 1.6 Figo
Old 4th February 2012, 20:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
We know this isn't the 100% representation of what is the most viewed car on the forum as i20 doesn't even figure out on the threads. But this probably is as efficient as it can be.
To make this thread complete just add a Poll to it.
Old 4th February 2012, 21:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
When I do accept Figo has garnered some numbers, wouldn't it be unfair to check on the viewership in different time frames for most cars?
Figo has won this contest simply because most of Figo owners chose to discuss on official review page rather than here and there like other cars' owners. This is quite a good thing since it helped buyers like me to easily search about Figo at one place.

Don't you think that it's simply impossible to find out which is most hotly discussed car on T-BHP. It could be Swift, XUV5OO or even the age-old VTech City. I would say, just move on. Don't take this thread too seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Ideally that pic should have been in your ownership thread. The thread is NOT about personal vehicles nor visual appeal; so I personally feel it's digressing the topic a bit.
Ouch! That might seem a bit rude to him! Anyway.

But honestly I always felt a need for an official thread to show off one's car. Ownership reviews are not enough to satisfy hunger (at least in my case). When there's offiical thread to show off alloys, why not same for the car as whole?
Old 4th February 2012, 22:07   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
But there is no official review of Honda City, Civic etcetera. This doesn't mean that they are not the favorites among bhpians/visitors.

Thus the purpose of this thread is not served.
+1.

And what is the purpose of this thread?

The most basic thing in every survey/ contest is to ensure a level playing field. The first review was published on 9th May 2009, while the latest review was published last week. How can you compare the number of views of the threads to make sure its the hottest viewed thread? (For example - Vento thread has gathered almost half the number of views as Figo, in almost half the time. Doesn't it mean its as hot as Figo?)

If at all this thread is to make any sort of sense at all - you need to divide the number of views/ days its been published on the forum (Hits per day). Which will ensure a somewhat level (Still not completly level since the enthusiasm for reading a new review may die out in a few days. Hence recent reviews may be having more hits than they would deserve in the long run) playing field for such a comparison.

As for the current thread title - this thread can be at-best termed as misleading IMO. Either we need to change the thread to reflect the situation/ change the content to suit the thread title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry
But honestly I always felt a need for an official thread to show off one's car. Ownership reviews are not enough to satisfy hunger (at least in my case). When there's offiical thread to show off alloys, why not same for the car as whole?
Auto - Image thread can be used to show off the pics of our cars, right?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th February 2012 at 22:14.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 22:25   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
I would say, just move on. Don't take this thread too seriously.
Cmon, some one has put a new idea & a thread and let's appreciate the efforts gone into this. I agree that there is some more refinement required the way data has been used / gathered, but unless we give inputs, he would not know how to correct & what points should be included.

Off-topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Ouch! That might seem a bit rude to him! Anyway. But honestly I always felt a need for an official thread to show off one's car.
Apologize in that case! I seriously wanted to thank for those photographs, but this is not the thread. I understand that our rides are like our babies and we all have a lot of passion & would like others to appreciate it, doing so here would take the discussions off-topic. I would have seriously loved to see those pics in his ownership reports though!
Old 4th February 2012, 22:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ok, got a bit confused between the content and the title of the thread. I went by the title and had or have no intentions to show off 'my car'. Just wanted to show case one hot hatch - the Beat (the runner up of this thread going by its content), of which pictures were readily available with me. Mods, if my above post feels inappropriate here, please take it down and can we have the title of the thread changed to a more appropriate one, something like 'The car with most views on the 'Official Car Reviews' on the forum'.

Sorry for this OT.
Old 4th February 2012, 23:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
you need to divide the number of views/ days its been published on the forum (Hits per day).
And exclude the official reviews which are less than 6 months old. Sounds better now?

Now there's one thing left - cars which don't have official reviews. Honda City, for example. Let's see if someone comes up with an idea for such cars.

Off-topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Auto - Image thread can be used to show off the pics of our cars, right?
I can't believe that all those years, I never spotted this thread

Now, no prize guessing what I'm gonna do all night. Man, the pics there are simply breath-taking! Psst, someone should see pics of Mahindra XUV5OO by bikefreak there.
Old 5th February 2012, 00:20   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are some data with Avg views/day. XUV500 leads the pack. I didn't calculate for all and picked these cars randomly. Ignored the date of Dzire because its a very new thread.

1) XUV500 - 4467.78 Avg views/day
2) Rapid - 2191.39
3) Figo - 2088.31
4) Verna - 1854.13
5) Vento - 1658.29
6) Swift -1636.65
7) Fiesta - 1274.86
8) Beat - 1031.49 (both threads(P+D) included)
9) Punto - 932.79
10)AltoK10 - 795.08
11)Jazz - 439.72
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 00:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

What is next, the car with maximum ownership threads? The title is misleading which is why this thread might be getting more views than what it should!
Old 5th February 2012, 01:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Guys we should just try to understand that we can not decide hottest or favourite car just on the basis of views of official thread reviews as there are many cars which are also hot and favourite but not officially reported. That's simple.

My last post on the thread as any further discussion will lead to spam fest as it is happening.
Old 5th February 2012, 07:06   #28
Team-BHP Support

Note from TBHP Support : Thread closed, as no logical conclusion can be reached going by the number of thread views alone.
benbsb29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks