Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2012, 10:30   #1
BHPian

What is the Hottest Car on the Forum?

Going by the number of VIEWS on the Official New Car Reviews - Team-BHP thread, I compiled a graph listing what gets the most hits on the T-bhp forum. Ford Figo is by far the biggest hit while Fiat Grand Punto and Volkswagen Vento follow a distant 2nd and 3rd respectively.

What is the Hottest Car on the Forum?-official-reviews-view-count-04feb2012.jpg

This certainly doesn't mean what sells the most. Maruti Alto is clearly the leader and we have our monthly SIAM sales number that quantify that. On the other hand, this is just to summarize what people on the Forum read most about as long as the new launches (relatively) go.

The numbers are as on date on 4th February-2012 at around 10:20 AM IST.

Last edited by Animesh : 4th February 2012 at 10:33.
Animesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 11:57   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: What is the Hottest Car on the Forum?

The thread title is a bit misleading. I thought this was a poll to find out which is the best looking car in India or something similar to that, but this seems to be an analysis of most visited review threads. Perhaps the mods can help to rephrase the title accordingly. Good to see this analysis anyway. A trend I see is that the viewership numbers would generally be more for older reviews due to the total visitors' number accumulated since the date the thread was created. Most of the highly viewed threads seem to be 2+ years old. Even then, I expected Hyundai Eon and Honda Brio to have slightly higher numbers.

P.S - Tata Linea T-Jet Could you somehow update this to Fiat Linea T-Jet?

Last edited by KarthikK : 4th February 2012 at 12:05.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 12:16   #3
BHPian

I agree with KarthikK. I was expecting same with i20 eventually being winner of the poll.

I would suggest Animesh to club certain cars. For example Beat and Beat TDCi (correct its spelling too) should be clubbed together. Then Beat will be 2nd most viewed car here. There's no denying that Ford Figo is most viewed car here. It clearly tells that Indians aspire to buy cheapest diesel car.

Last edited by DevilsCry : 4th February 2012 at 12:20. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 4th February 2012, 12:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

+1 to KarthikK.
We already have a thread with Poll titled Hottest Hatch. Can't paste link as typing from mobile.
As cars are launched at different points in time it can't be comparable. Ford Figo was Car of the year on T-BHP, so it obviously should have more hits.
I have no doubt as to hottest hatch should be Palio, Punto or even UNO on this forum :-) try writing anything against them and get ready for enough brickbats. No offense meant but please note that I am not saying Fiat is overrated but hottest on this forum. Infact on that thread mentioned by me Palio came as a winner.

PS: Tata Linea T-Jet is still better than Linea Tata-Jet as claimed by few Tata SAs.

Last edited by carwatcher : 4th February 2012 at 12:34.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 12:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Animesh: Good stats indeed. I also keep wondering how the cars would line up if one sorts them based on the number of views for its models.
On contrary, I dont quite agree with KKarthik. The title says what hottest car in the Forum, not whats the hottest car for the TBHPians (which would ideally be i20). So dont think the title change is required.

Good to see Figo feature ahead of all other vehicles, goes to show how Ford screwed up with Fiesta.
Old 4th February 2012, 13:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Atleast Fiat Punto is a hit somewhere!

Really surprised to see Figo topping the charts...
Old 4th February 2012, 14:14   #7
BHPian

Oops for the Tata instead of Fiat Linea

I clubbed the variants and am posting the Statistics again. I cannot edit the first post, else would have corrected there itself.

What is the Hottest Car on the Forum?-official-reviews-view-count-04feb2012.jpg

Figo is the undisputed Numero Uno while Chevy Beat is a distant second. Fiat Punto and Volkswagen Vento/ Polo are close third.

We know this isn't the 100% representation of what is the most viewed car on the forum as i20 doesn't even figure out on the threads. But this probably is as efficient as it can be.
Old 4th February 2012, 14:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

How did the numbers change? Earlier Punto was 2nd, now Beat is 2nd!
Old 4th February 2012, 14:54   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
How did the numbers change? Earlier Punto was 2nd, now Beat is 2nd!
He has just clubbed the numbers of Beat and Beat diesel into 1 entry. Beat is actually the 2nd most viewed car then. Punto is dethroned to 3rd place
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 15:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
He has just clubbed the numbers of Beat and Beat diesel into 1 entry. Beat is actually the 2nd most viewed car then. Punto is dethroned to 3rd place
This is what happens with FIAT everytime...
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 15:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

But there is no official review of Honda City, Civic etcetera. This doesn't mean that they are not the favorites among bhpians/visitors.

Thus the purpose of this thread is not served.
Old 4th February 2012, 16:16   #12
BHPian

and also to add that this is just a summation of people talking about a certain car , could also be to thrash it negatively also,
Old 4th February 2012, 16:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

The Figo tops the chart because the official review has the maximum views. It was the 1st official T-BHP review IIRC - that's why it has garnered the eye balls.

We had a thread regarding the same topic when T-BHP was in it's infancy and the hotly debated cars were the OHC VTEC and the Fiat Palio.
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 16:43   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The Figo tops the chart because the official review has the maximum views. It was the 1st official T-BHP review IIRC - that's why it has garnered the eye balls.

We had a thread regarding the same topic when T-BHP was in it's infancy and the hotly debated cars were the OHC VTEC and the Fiat Palio.
Actually the Ritz, Jazz and Grande Punto were the first official reviews. The Figo came well after.

I guess it's just the hottest car on the Forum after all.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 18:50   #15
Team-BHP Support

^^And to add on, Figo owners are one of the most active lot in the thread. Loads of information sharing around the positives and negatives of the car. And afterall, its last year’s Team-BHP car of the year!

What is not at all surprising is the last to entries in the list – the two capable Volvos. Even the reviews came up, the pages were getting filled up in a real slow pace!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks