Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Scorpio AD (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11539-new-scorpio-ad.html)

DRC 22nd March 2006 23:41

New Scorpio AD

Saw, Scorpio ad in TOI bangalore today (yes I read newspaper in night)

Looked very interesting. They say a very cushy ride. I dont kno if that meant handling is further screwed up!!!

But as always, when a new car release, I was so temped to go and book one. But did not dorl:

luv_bikelover 22nd March 2006 23:46

yeah man, did u see the tail lights l!!!!!!!!!looked good

hot_rod 23rd March 2006 00:14

a review about the car had come earlier on cnbc car and bike show!too bad i missed it it has a hood scoop and a sskirting kinda thing around it with better interiors and a new tail light looks interesting but the previoous lights looked a lil macho the new ones are ok!

aZa 23rd March 2006 11:18

Overall its look more BUTCH than before ... and thats GOOD :) The rear seats slide back now thats good too

5 Zone suspension ? uhh w00t ?

Conan 23rd March 2006 12:05

I think scorpio has the perfect tail lights for the Indian public.
Big...Bulky...Gaudy...
Ya I liked it too...;)

Kinetik 23rd March 2006 19:14

it has air scoop on the bonnet is that for some use maybe an intercooler below ? is it just for show ?

DRC 23rd March 2006 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinetik
it has air scoop on the bonnet is that for some use maybe an intercooler below ? is it just for show ?

Had been to test drive Scorpio today, the scoop seemed to be more of cosmetic.

nitrous 23rd March 2006 22:15

Looks like ACI april is gonna have the Scorpio on the frontpage.

thalavoy 24th March 2006 11:31

Is the Scorpio pickup displayed in the showroom? Saw one on the road in Bangalore yesterday (all Black).

Siva

Rayden 24th March 2006 11:34

Price??

Any idea about the price of the scorp in Chennai?please:

DRC 24th March 2006 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by thalavoy
Is the Scorpio pickup displayed in the showroom? Saw one on the road in Bangalore yesterday (all Black).

Siva

Nope, All I could see was a white scorp with a mirror in the rear end to show the new suspension. AND no 4WD:mad: . OTR for Topend is 964K

I am no expert in writing the reviews( so not writing in reviews section), but the test drive, which was a short one, was a kind of scary.

It had a huge powerful engine. started with a lotta a vibration. but after the start it was very silent. It really pulled lotta torque.
Suspension seemed to be soft and at a speed around 60 80, which it achieved very soon, it felt very pitchty. and as usual lot of body roll.

The interiors were really well laid out. I liked it a lot. Can immprove on quality though. Doors closed with a rattle.

Sukumar AJ 24th March 2006 15:03

Hi the price of scorpio starts at 7.06 lacs exshowroom chennai. You can contact india garage in mount road @ 55850749