Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2012, 12:03   #211
BHPian

re: Volkswagen Vento catches fire. Owner dies from burn injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post

Any updates from VW?
An assuring reply to those posts on their FB page instead of deleting them would only increase the faith and respect we have towards VW. At present times, FB is one of the most effective ways to reach the citizens/netizens. By posting this thread to our FB profile, we are not saying Vento is a dangerous car, but look at it as a reaction from the public for how VW is trying to hush up this unfortunate incident. I have already shared it on my FB - https://www.facebook.com/sreewave
Old 12th February 2012, 12:12   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
An assuring reply to those posts on their FB page instead of deleting them would only increase the faith and respect we have towards VW. At present times, FB is one of the most effective ways to reach the citizens/netizens. By posting this thread to our FB profile, we are not saying Vento is a dangerous car, but look at it as a reaction from the public for how VW is trying to hush up this unfortunate incident. I have already shared it on my FB - https://www.facebook.com/sreewave
Uploaded to my FB page! Hope this gets some traction!
Old 12th February 2012, 18:55   #213
BHPian

This is very tragic a news .
Rest in peace Kailesh :(

May god give his wife , his sons and the rest of his family strength to overcome this great loss .

As a customer one starts to expect more from premium brands , specially if the manufacturer promises quality and safety and moreover charges a premium for it .

I understand that it is premature to draw any conclusions as of now , however VW is the main party in this accident before the final results of the Investigation come out .

Moreover I would have had more respect for the brand if it wouldn't have deleted all the posts and comments made by people either inquiring about this accident or posting links about the same . VW has a lot at stake here and unless and untill it doesn't want its reputation to go down the same lane as its sister concern Skoda then it better get its act together . Deleting people's comments and suppressing them from expressing their views will only make the public more furious .

There might have been some after market mods , however this does not completely discharge VW from its liability .

Even if there were after market mods installed (which is still only a possibility ), VW will still have to answer as to why didn't the Fuse relating to the particular mod blow up first and stop the fire from initiating .

Other bhpians have rightly pointed out that TOI had blown the whole Tata Nano fire incident to such heights that it had literally became the talk of the nation , even though no lifes were lost and Tata had come out with a detailed investigation rather fast .

However in this preset scenario where a life has been lost , there was no mention about the Brand / Company . This is something that is not expected from a paper that people rely on for being true to atleast their knowledge.

VW please if you dont want the people to have more assumptions about the same then please come out with the results of the investigation F-A-S-T!

Last edited by Enigmatic : 12th February 2012 at 19:02.
Old 13th February 2012, 04:26   #214
BHPian

Came upon this thread today and went through it in one go. My heartfelt condolences are with the family. Our prayers are with them as they cope with this dreadful happening in their family.
While I rage within at VW wiping out all traces of any mention of the incident on their facebook page, at taking the vehicle into their custody and their maintaining stoic silence on this dreadul event, it is heartening to hear some sane voices prevailing on this thread to wait and let the truth prevail.
This thread has helped to churn out a lot of good and practical ideas which can help us to control the situation should such misfortune choose to visit us. Let us pay attention to these points and be prepared to face any such untoward incidents.
Regards,
Ashphil
Old 13th February 2012, 07:03   #215
BHPian

Though the post I made on FB had been quickly deleted, VW did respond with the following which is kind of visible on my wall now.

"The safety of our customers is of utmost priority to us. Our technical experts have already started a detailed investigation."

One of the reasons of deleting posts is invariably the whole discussion can turn ugly on FB if VW put up a post as it would take minutes for some FB users to start flaming each other making the whole purpose useless. Maybe VW could have made a post by turning off comments on it. Let's hope that the investigations can get to the right cause of the fire and if some remedies are needed, they are provided ASAP.
samarjitdhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 18:33   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Though the post I made on FB had been quickly deleted, VW did respond with the following which is kind of visible on my wall now.

"The safety of our customers is of utmost priority to us. Our technical experts have already started a detailed investigation."
That means VW haven't deleted your post.

The default view of VW India's 'wall' shows only VW posts. You need to check the top and click on 'Everyone (Most Recent)' to show VW + everyone else's posts. I see a lot of posts on the fire, so its obvious VW isn't deleting anything but that the social networking gurus aren't up to speed on how FB pages work.

P.s.: I'm not associated with VW nor do I own a VW car :P
Crazy_Eddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 19:51   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Will this life hammer be able to break through tinted glass?? Normally windows with sun-film are quite difficult to break! Just need some opinions.
Quote:
Can break the windshield in such cases.
1. The driver and passenger side windows should not have extra tinting. At least in this country they have to be almost tint free.
2. If they have a film, it's likely it won't work. this keyring has minimal energy to break side windows.
3. For the same reason it won't be able to break the windshield. Windshield is made of one of the toughest glass with anti shatter properties. The best way to escape thru windshield is to kick it out. From what I remember, it's usually glued to the frame.

Water or fire can quickly turn a motorized window and doors inoperable and the car into a death trap. There was a case here with some Indians ending up in a small pond when the drive mistakenly used forward instead of reverse gear. They were on call with police for a long time and slowly sank to their death. Such a device would have helped.
vivekiny2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 20:22   #218
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento catches fire. Owner dies from burn injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
That means VW haven't deleted your post.

The default view of VW India's 'wall' shows only VW posts. You need to check the top and click on 'Everyone (Most Recent)' to show VW + everyone else's posts. I see a lot of posts on the fire, so its obvious VW isn't deleting anything but that the social networking gurus aren't up to speed on how FB pages work.

P.s.: I'm not associated with VW nor do I own a VW car :P
I have posted the team-bhp link there at least 10 times with multiple facebook accounts(friend's account) and every time the link was deleted within an hour. And yes there is one post which is not deleted yet as reported by you but I am sure it will be removed very soon. Do check that space after sometime and please report back.

PS - I hope everyone knows how to use facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post

Please share the link of this post, I can't find anything.

Last edited by bluevolt : 13th February 2012 at 20:28.
Old 13th February 2012, 20:37   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I have posted the team-bhp link there at least 10 times with multiple facebook accounts(friend's account) and every time the link was deleted within an hour.
  1. Volkswagen Vento... | Facebook
  2. http://epaper.timeso... | Facebook
  3. http://www.team-bhp.... | Facebook
  4. Really sad... | Facebook
  5. I would like to... | Facebook
  6. Based on the report... | Facebook
  7. http://www.team-bhp.... | Facebook
  8. What is VW's... | Facebook
  9. VW. Before you... | Facebook
These posts date back till last Friday. Got bored looking for links after this.
The question is why would you want to bomb their page with t-bhp links 10 times when its already there? Perhaps that would explain why it was deleted.

Last edited by Crazy_Eddy : 13th February 2012 at 21:04.
Crazy_Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 20:42   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Please share the link of this post, I can't find anything.
I don't know why you can't find the mentioned posts. Here's an example-

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 2383
Size:  35.4 KB

Sorry for off-topic: There's a certain Anish Kumar blindly defending VW on VW India FB page and thrashes T-BHP for baseless reason. He even claims to be a member of T-BHP. Does anyone has any idea if he's a real T-BHP member and if yes then what's his handle (username)?
DevilsCry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 20:56   #221
BHPian

@Bluevolt and others: the posts are right there, posts may have been deleted only because they were too repetitive. But most articles/links can be seen on their wall. You just need to scroll down a bit.

Volkswagen India - Wall | Facebook

Check this link. And they have a standard copy paste reply on all the user posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkswagen India
The safety of our customers is of utmost priority to us. Our technical experts have already started a detailed investigation.
We should give them some time before we start flaming them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post

Attachment 887479

Sorry for off-topic: There's a certain Anish Kumar blindly defending VW on VW India FB page and thrashes T-BHP for baseless reason. He even claims to be a member of T-BHP. Does anyone has any idea if he's a real T-BHP member and if yes then what's his handle (username)?
According to other posts on that page, apparently he owns a 8 day old (as of today) VW Polo TDi ComfortLine. Probably still has those 'honeymoon goggles' on. What I could also see was he is quite critical of TeamBHP and a staunch supporter of gearheads. I see a case of sour grapes.
antz.bin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 21:01   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
  1. Volkswagen Vento... | Facebook
  2. http://epaper.timeso... | Facebook
  3. http://www.team-bhp.... | Facebook
  4. Really sad... | Facebook
  5. I would like to... | Facebook
  6. Based on the report... | Facebook
  7. http://www.team-bhp.... | Facebook
  8. What is VW's... | Facebook
  9. VW. Before you... | Facebook
These posts date back till last Friday. Got bored looking for links after this.
The question is why would you want to bomb their page with t-bhp links 10 times when its already there? Perhaps that would explain why it was deleted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
@Bluevolt and others: the posts are right there, posts may have been deleted only because they were too repetitive. But most articles/links can be seen on their wall. You just need to scroll down a bit.
Thanks a lot for these links. I am not able to understand why I am not able to see these posts with my own fb account?

Anyhow in all those links VW have posted one copy and paste line "The safety of our customers is of utmost priority to us. Our technical experts have already started a detailed investigation."

Let's hope for the best.

Last edited by bluevolt : 13th February 2012 at 21:04.
Old 13th February 2012, 21:59   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
What I could also see was he is quite critical of TeamBHP and a staunch supporter of gearheads. I see a case of sour grapes.
Quote:
I am not able to understand why I am not able to see these posts with my own fb account?

Let's hope for the best.
There are two pages for VW India. The one you should look at is this : https://www.facebook.com/Volkswagenindia . I realized it only a few minutes back. I was looking at the wrong page and I reacted too fast in the morning on my FB wall and blamed VW for deleting all the posts regarding this incident.

@antz. He seems to be a big-time VW fan. He is 'liking' all the posts from VW owners for all VW praises and reacting to every complaints. BTW, didn't see anything that say he is a staunch GH supporter. I have replied to one of his posts that is thrashing T-BHP anyways.
Old 14th February 2012, 00:39   #224
Senior - BHPian

If the RTO is investigating , they must be having the car ! @antz.bin - any idea on the above ?
@samarjitdhar - A post with comments turned off I think is not possible on FB and even if it were possible , we would have found one more cause to pin the blame on VW. If we have guys cribbing why more hue and cry is not being raised equivalent to Tata Nano incidents and such other obtuse logic then I am sure we would have found an apt conspiracy theory on why VW is not allowing FB comments on their posts.
Lets be practical, no organisation in its right sense would allow its marketing facade to be defaced by systematic bombarding of messages about an incident where the culpability is not proven - I am surprised that VW allowed the posts to remain as is, I would have nuked them off the page with an one liner statement that the matter is under investigation by the RTO - which is the truth .

Quote:
@antz. He seems to be a big-time VW fan. He is 'liking' all the posts from VW owners for all VW praises and reacting to every complaints. BTW, didn't see anything that say he is a staunch GH supporter. I have replied to one of his posts that is thrashing T-BHP anyways.
That guy is pretty funny, VW must be loving him - replying to posts has been outsourced free of cost. First and foremost he needs proper English training.

Last edited by GTO : 14th February 2012 at 10:13. Reason: Removing last line. It's really inappropriate. Thanks
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 10:49   #225
BHPian

Are VW engineers from Germany still "flying" in their Zeppelin to India to investigate the incident? This is unacceptable that they are still silent on it. It has been so long that I'm starting to believe that the Vento actually had some serious fault which led to the poor owner's death. Looks like VW is about to join Skoda and Hyundai as brands which I will never recommend to anyone.

If someone knows nawalsingal then, with all due respect to the dead owner, can someone please ask him for more details like if VW contacted them?

Quote:
I have posted the team-bhp link there at least 10 times with multiple facebook accounts(friend's account) and every time the link was deleted within an hour.
Anish Kumar just posted this on VW India's FB page-
Kind attention VW fans: There is a particular forum running campaign against Skoda and VW India to malign their reputation with unknown motives. Members are largely from MH region beware of their fake posts at VW FB page. A above said forum member is even posting from ten different FB accounts as claimed by him on their forum page along with this pic-

Volkswagen Vento catches fire. Owner dies from burn injuries-421020_368262829870576_100000605867094_1314496_1958812620_n.jpg

I would thank him since he is creating a bigger awareness of this fire incident than any one else. Kudos to him

Last edited by DevilsCry : 14th February 2012 at 11:02. Reason: Attaching pic
DevilsCry is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks