Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2012, 20:36   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch

I loved the chrome & wood insert bits! And that green color is awesome too! Looking forward for the official report. Hope they have addressed the body roll to a good extent! If the car could be driven comfortably till 100 kmph, it should be a win! Quality of leather seat fitting needs to be improved I guess; doesn't look like a snug fit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
...The only disappoint is that no 4X4 is offered in xylo yet. There are many spy pics of 4X4 Xylo in TBHP.
In the morning I had seen a tweet update which mentions that Xylo 4x4 is targeted for sale abroad and may not be sold in India! It also said that the 4x4 decision is in it's feasibility testing phase and not confirmed still!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th February 2012 at 20:38.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 20:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
What news of rear discs?
Any details of the 'completely new' 320 gearbox?
Weight comparisons of the various versions?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 8th February 2012, 20:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good to see that team-bhp review/previews are published just like a top notch professional auto-magazine. Hats off to the power of community

I personally liked the Xylo facelift alot. Car surely had alot of plus points, and to me the looks and ride were the two major negetive points. Looks department is all fine now. Hope the ride and handling has improved as well.

Expecting a full blown official Xylo review soon
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 21:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
In the morning I had seen a tweet update which mentions that Xylo 4x4 is targeted for sale abroad and may not be sold in India! It also said that the 4x4 decision is in it's feasibility testing phase and not confirmed still!
This is really bad by an indian company.

This is synonymous with Export Santro having many add-ons and Nice colors but were exported only. It was NOT available in India.

Question -

Is there something (other than greasing Babu's hands) which prevents M&M from launching a "ready" version in its home market ? Xylo 4X4 is target at Foreign market. Why cant m&m just scatter 100 pieces of 4X4 xylo or at the very least, offer one on made to order (Assume i dont mind waiting). If it sells, well and good. If it doesnt, it was anyway targeted to the Foreign Markets.

Even Advertisement wise, All they need to do is add a graphic to the existing advertisement telling "Also Available in 4X4". In the website they need to add one more row on thier specification table stating 4X4 details. It is not a huge cost to market also.

Taking me as an example, I would actually buy an E9 4X4 Xylo, even if it takes 3 months to order as my next vehicle will be with me for 5-7 years at the very least. I am sure there are Bhpians and non-bhpians who think alike.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 8th February 2012 at 21:54.
Old 8th February 2012, 21:52   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb review. Nice, crisp and detailed, complimented with some wonderful pics. A worthy follow-up to T-BHP's high standard reviews. Good job, team!

Good detailing for the new Xylo by Mahindra, I must say. They have taken their build quality to a whole new level through the XUV 500, and it shows in the new Xylo as well. Mahindra is all prepared to offer quality products at affordable prices, and the customer benefits the most in the end.

Boy this segment is really hotting up. With the Merlin and the new Innova and now the new Xylo (and the Ecosport and Ertiga/XU Alpha to follow), this is going to be a really bustling segment soon.

Attaching snaps of the official brochure. (Click on the pics to open in a separate window)

PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch-untitled1.jpg

PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch-untitled2.jpg

PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch-untitled3.jpg

PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch-untitled4.jpg

PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch-untitled5.jpg

PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch-untitled6.jpg

PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch-untitled7.jpg

Name:  Untitled8.JPG
Views: 8921
Size:  44.7 KB

PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch-untitled9.jpg

PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch-untitled10.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th February 2012 at 21:54.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 22:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

I noticed a couple of mistakes on the site. Can experts clarify please.

Under Seat Storage misnamed as Roof storage
Name:  xylo.bmp
Views: 8880
Size:  477.0 KB

No Rear Discs ? . Spy pics showed rear discs
Name:  xylo1.bmp
Views: 8883
Size:  512.7 KB
Old 8th February 2012, 22:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
All E variants on new upgraded Xylo must have been provided with mHAWK engine as the Scorpio LX variant cheaper than Xylo E4 comes equipped with mHAWK engine.

Similarly Steering controls must have been provided across all E variants.

Many urban & rural Xylo private buyers will like to have A/T, ABS and Airbags configured on their choice of variant.
Only the top version E9 comes with the mHawk.
E4 & E8 come with the mEagle
D2 & D4 come with the DI engine.

Steering Controls, Voice Controls and Cruise Control are only on the E9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
What news of rear discs?
No rear discs on any variant.
I think they should have had it at least for the E9 no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
This is really bad by an indian company.

Question -

Is there something (other than greasing Babu's hands) which prevents M&M from launching a "ready" version in its home market ? Xylo 4X4 is target at Foreign market. Why cant m&m just scatter 100 pieces of 4X4 xylo or at the very least, offer one on made to order (Assume i dont mind waiting). If it sells, well and good. If it doesnt, it was anyway targeted to the Foreign Markets.

Even Advertisement wise, All they need to do is add a graphic to the existing advertisement telling "Also Available in 4X4". In the website they need to add one more row on thier specification table stating 4X4 details. It is not a huge cost to market also.

Taking me as an example, I would actually buy an E9 4X4 Xylo, even if it takes 3 months to order as my next vehicle will be with me for 5-7 years at the very least. I am sure there are Bhpians and non-bhpians who think alike.
Yes, I would also consider a 4x4 Xylo and wouldn't mind waiting.
A MUV and SUV rolled into one??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

I personally liked the Xylo facelift alot. Car surely had alot of plus points, and to me the looks and ride were the two major negetive points. Looks department is all fine now. Hope the ride and handling has improved as well.

Expecting a full blown official Xylo review soon
Yes, please and asap please.
I have been putting off a MUV purchase for sometime and I would like to do so in the next few months. Hopefully the dynamic gap between the Innova and Xylo and come down a lot, in which case the Xylo is just great VFM and I would go for it.

Looking forward to the T-Bhp detailed review.
Musa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 22:41   #23
BHPian

What a Xylo !!

I must confess i have never been a fan of the Xylo . Although i have traveled in it a lot , but never really liked it .

It moves around a lot more than what one would expect and looked like an angry potato . However this new model strikes something in the heart.

It looks much better than the current one and boy are the interiors upmarket !
Who thought a day would come when one would get a voice activated system in a Xylo !!

Even though i am a Stonch Tata loyalist , i must say Tata must learn a thing or two from Mahindra in how to make a car "better" .
Old 8th February 2012, 22:52   #24
Team-BHP Support

Does the new Xylo remind you of the Wagon R?
Old 8th February 2012, 23:14   #25
BHPian

Excellent pictures!

A big, big thumbs up to the front job. The Xylo looks much neater and symmetrical now with the straight top bumper line. Not much change in the rear look, though. If I were to buy it, I would definitely add the rear skirting available through Mahindra Accessories (see website/brochure) so that the rear looks a bit different.

E9 with at least 16-inch wheels (must-have) and a 4x4 (even if optional) would have made better sense.

The pricing seems just about right.

Awaiting a full-blown drive review of the new Xylo!
Old 8th February 2012, 23:24   #26
BHPian

Good pictures and excellent first review. thanks.
I am an owner of Xylo since last april and now looking at the facelift, i wish that it had come sometime sooner!! most important the front grill and the bonnet change is huge relief.
I hope the ride and handling has improved.

On the downside the prices have really gone up. I could fetch an E4 (dec 2010) model at 7.22 lacs ex show room and now E4 BS IV would sell at around 8 lacs.

Good news that E4 variant too seems to have ABS option. Would have really liked to pick that option had it been available when i bought.
Old 8th February 2012, 23:25   #27
BHPian

E9 should have been provided with auto climate control and turn indicators on ORVM, which would have further broadened the VFM quotient of the Xylo.
Old 9th February 2012, 00:24   #28
BHPian

Can someone share width, length and height details. I didn't find anywhere (not even in brochure/website).

I have tight parking where I can park my Honda City Zx, was debating to buy Xylo but space is crunch.

Thanks.
Old 9th February 2012, 02:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

I hope that M&M will now shift all their focus and attention towards the mini Xylo and make a good job at it too like they have done with this upgrade.
I have always liked to Xylo for its space and utility and never liked it for its style, especially the straight back and it is disappointing to see not too many changes being made to backside. An complete review by TEAM-BHP would be something to look forward to.

Last edited by dass : 9th February 2012 at 02:22. Reason: wrong content :)
Old 9th February 2012, 04:40   #30
BHPian

The Xylo looks more mature and grown up now. The toothy grill was horrible and am glad that the re-design has taken care of that. Interiors also look much better. Had taken a test drive when Xylo was introduced and what put me off that time was the ride and handling. Would love to see whether they have improved that. Looks like M&M is on a roll. First the XUV and now this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks