Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2012, 11:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch

mahindra has done good facelift to the ugly looking xylo.

looking at the pic below it feels that there is not enough leg room and one has to keep his legs like these models
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch-untitled5.jpg  

Old 9th February 2012, 14:37   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
In the morning I had seen a tweet update which mentions that Xylo 4x4 is targeted for sale abroad and may not be sold in India! It also said that the 4x4 decision is in it's feasibility testing phase and not confirmed still!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Is there something (other than greasing Babu's hands) which prevents M&M from launching a "ready" version in its home market ? Xylo 4X4 is target at Foreign market. Why cant m&m just scatter 100 pieces of 4X4 xylo or at the very least, offer one on made to order (Assume i dont mind waiting). If it sells, well and good. If it doesnt, it was anyway targeted to the Foreign Markets.
The Xylo won't be offered in 4x4 trim in India because Mahindra feels that a customer who wants the 4X4 will either go for a scorpio of the XUV500.
The Xylo is targeted to a different buyer (more family oriented) according to them. This is their way of differentiating their products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
What news of rear discs?
Any details of the 'completely new' 320 gearbox?
Rear discs are not there.

The only details on the gearbox is that well...its NEW.
They will slowly be pushing out this gearbox on the the other models fitted with the mHawk engine as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohi_rao View Post
The looks of the previous Xylo would have eventually grown on people, but M&M did the right and timely face lift.

I am only apprehensive now of people shunning away since there will be more Xylo taxis as well. One thing M&M could have done is to keep the old look for the Taxi version.
1. The old Xylo was in the market for 3 years, and the look still had not 'grown on' people. So, as you said, this facelift is much welcome.

2. They could have kept the old look for the taxi segment for differentiation. But, then the new updates to the suspension and interiors would have to be carried over as they are important. But is is more expensive to build two models with different body panels.
So, there are pros and cons to that strategy, in the end I feel Mahindra have done the right thing as it showcases their commitment to continuous improvement and its an example for other companies to up their game and stop selling outdated products.
jalsa777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 14:52   #33

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 11th February 2012 at 11:29.
Bruno_D is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th February 2012, 15:15   #34
BHPian

the autocar india website has come with a short review...
regarding the drive autocar india says "The ride at low speed felt comfy enough though the car did tend to feel unwieldy if you pushed it harder. Our drive was short, so whether the recaliberated dampers and bushings for the suspension actually make a significant difference remains to be confirmed." Disappointing !
Old 9th February 2012, 16:39   #35
BHPian

M&M should offer some of the new features (body skirting, gear level console) as retro packages for current owners to buy. The gear console with the two cup holders is a great thing to have in an MUV.

There is enough said about the plastic-y and flimsy feel of the inner door openers - but man, are they strong. The new levers look better, I might just opt for them too!

As someone said few posts ago, ABS on E4 is a good step. An additional safety feature at a variant without too many luxuries.

Kudos M&M...
Old 9th February 2012, 16:51   #36
BHPian

Good work by M&M. This is a real "face"lift. It looks a lot better than the current gen Xylo. They could have tweaked the suspension to improve handling as well. Otherwise, a very good effort and i am sure it will improve sales figures. I know a lot of people who kept away from Xylo primarily due to the weird looks it had.
Old 9th February 2012, 20:17   #37
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 11th February 2012 at 11:48.
SedatedDrive is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th February 2012, 20:25   #38
BHPian

Is the 3rd row on New Xylo sporting now 60:40 spilit seats? Watch it on the brochure page where The model sitting alone on the 3rd row seat.
Old 9th February 2012, 21:12   #39
BHPian

^^^I don't think so. With the folding arm rest it would be difficult to get the 60:40 split. Also the lock points on the chassis will probably change to accommodate two separate seats which might be too much trouble.
Old 9th February 2012, 21:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
The only details on the gearbox is that well...its NEW.
They will slowly be pushing out this gearbox on the the other models fitted with the mHawk engine as well.
Any word on how much power/ torque this gearbox can handle? Why did MM think a new gearbox was necessary?

The mythical 4x4 Xylo: any details of drivetrain?

Regards
Sutripta

Last edited by Sutripta : 9th February 2012 at 21:23.
Old 9th February 2012, 22:02   #41
BHPian

Earlier E8 came with Alloys. Now E8 ABS variant doesnot get Alloys
On the New Xylo Only E8 with ABS+AIRBAGS variat gat alloy wheels.

Now the New Xylo E8 ABS variant retails price is 9.1Lakh. Since launch in three years time E8 variant price has gone up steeply from 7.7Lakh by over 1.4 L about 20% price increase with more value reduction in 2012 i.e Alloy wheels deleted.

Earlier Xylo's Base E2 variant from 6.24 Lakh has gone up to 7.37 lakhs increase of about 1.13 lakhs a whopping 19% price hike with reduced m2DI engine.

Price of Mid E4 variant from 6.69 Lakhs has gone to 8.11 Lakhs increase of over 20% in 3 years time.

Mahindra increased the prices of Xylo @ 7% each year sice 2009. Steepest price increases are always by Mahindra

Last edited by harimakesh : 9th February 2012 at 22:03.
harimakesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 22:33   #42

I must say, Mahindra has done an excellent job with this facelift. Features like Voice Activated Commands would go a long way in enhancing the driving experience. Interior also looks good. Just hope that they have worked on the handling part. If they have succeeded in bring down the body roll to an acceptable level, this will definitely find lot of private buyers.
Old 9th February 2012, 22:46   #43
BHPian

The xylo is much better looking now. Waiting for the face lifted Scorpio though.
I feel that The voice commands should control things like Audio, Bluetooth, AC etc like the fiesta rather than lights and indicators, which should either be automatic or manually controlled. And i find the tone of the interacting Lady Voice to be ghastly..
Old 10th February 2012, 09:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

Pretty impressed with what MM is doing to Indian automobile industry! The E4 ABS - E9 package is something that must be made standard and what was missing !

Did they do something to the suspension this time?
Edit : Seems ride @ high speeds wasnt improved much. Blame the tall body I guess. Hope they do give the mini-Xylo all these features though.

Last edited by jkdas : 10th February 2012 at 09:45.
Old 10th February 2012, 11:54   #45
Senior - BHPian

Big question: Voice activated commands are really required for this segment??? This is a MPV segment, so mainly it is going to be used for taxis means driven by drivers. Though E9 may be used by urban hi end customers also, i dont think voice activated commands are really required for that. Its like you can easily live without that feature. If without that if M&M can reduce price by 30-40 K then its more of VFM. People will prefer that i guess

Anyways, in some angles it now looks little like SUV. This makeover has certainly make it a looker. Hope it will bring more sales to Mahindra.

Last edited by aniketi : 10th February 2012 at 11:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks