Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2012, 15:52   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
..after which he said you can get the vehicle today.
Happy to know that you could take delivery finally! If you think you can spare some time, I suggest you write a mail to customer care with all details including the NOC issue and how your current dealer helped you. Probably your mail could initiate a new process with these dealers to provide NOC or the other dealer NOT asking for NOC. This could help somebody else who otherwise might face the same issue again!

And that's quite a bunch of XUVs. Who could even think this car is in huge waiting list, seeing the number in the stockyard!
Old 3rd April 2012, 15:23   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I suggest you write a mail to customer care with all details including the NOC issue and how your current dealer helped you.
Probably your mail could initiate a new process with these dealers to provide NOC or the other dealer NOT asking for NOC. This could help somebody else who otherwise might face the same issue again!

And that's quite a bunch of XUVs. Who could even think this car is in huge waiting list, seeing the number in the stockyard!
the sales manager has already sent a mail.

lets see what happens.

as far as XUV's are concerned, you can buy one any time you want.

you just have to pay a little premium on the on-road price. (6 fig amount)

BTW soon i will start a ownership thread of xylo.

rgds,
Nikhil
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch-02042012386.jpg  

PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch-02042012396.jpg  

PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch-02042012400.jpg  

jeepster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 14:23   #123
BHPian

Read a quote from Overdrive about the new face lift Xylo in comparison with the outgoing model.

"Remember that guy you met at a party who had really, really bad teeth. The first time you met him you thought to yourself, “Oh my good God!” Then you kept seeing him at all the other parties and you got over his really bad teeth. Then after you met him a few more times you started talking to him and found out he does a lot of charity work and is a great football player. The next time you saw him, you found out he has just had a complete makeover and his teeth are now quite pleasant to look at. You even noticed his smile for the first time."

lol

Last edited by sbala : 8th April 2012 at 14:24. Reason: grammar check
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 11:28   #124
BHPian

My cousin has booked Xylo E8 model yesterday. Seems E8 has a waiting period of 6 weeks in most dealers in Tamil Nadu. Seems, Trichy dealer has promised to get the vehicle delivered by month end. Lets see what happens. On-road cost is about Rs. 10.8L.

I will be using the vehicle for sometime during May. Will try to bring in my experience with the vehicle.
Old 17th April 2012, 14:30   #125
BHPian

Hearty congratulations mate on the buy, just wondering why no official review for the xylo done by our moderators or maybe i need to search better.
Old 17th April 2012, 15:45   #126
Senior - BHPian

The newer model looks quite good in pics. I happened to pass by a newer model one, I felt the older one is better - looking in flesh. May be I am wrong - I had just a couple of seconds to look at it.
Old 17th April 2012, 19:54   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
The newer model looks quite good in pics. I happened to pass by a newer model one, I felt the older one is better - looking in flesh. May be I am wrong - I had just a couple of seconds to look at it.
You are right! Even the new one didn't appeal to me in person! The new one looks good in the pics though!
Old 25th April 2012, 01:38   #128
BHPian

Dear all,
Does the E9 version come with 8 seater configuration 2+3+3 and foldable arm rest in both the last long seats?the sales guy here called me up and said there is only 2+ 2+3 version with foldable arm rest in last long seat only.

I am intrested in 2+3+3 seating configuration with arm rest in both the last two rows.

BTW took a TD of E8 and found engine quite responsive and quiet.The dealers have assured to get E9 for TD shortly.
Old 6th July 2012, 20:53   #129
BHPian

A post on Xylo after a long time in this thread..

My cousin got his Xylo delivered in 15 days time and it was E8 model. The vehicle really look good now after the face lift. It has an amazing pull at initial gears. Very comfortable to drive. Seating is good. Middle seat comfort is amazing. And yeah, there is body roll. During my usage, the vehicle gave me ~12 KMPL Overall, its a good alternative to Innova at a very competitive price of 10.8L
Old 24th July 2012, 22:09   #130
Senior - BHPian

XYLO warranty - 3 yrs / 1 lac kms now

UPDATE:

XYLO is covered by a 3 year / 1,00,000 kms warranty compared to 2 yrs/50,000 kms existing now.

This is available on all Xylos booked/yet to be delivered. Unfortunately its not available for XYLOs that are already delivered (Even yesterday).

Courtesy: Advertisement in Times of India Newspaper - Mumbai edition

Last edited by scopriobharath : 24th July 2012 at 22:33.
Old 24th July 2012, 23:49   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
A post on Xylo after a long time in this thread..

My cousin got his Xylo delivered in 15 days time and it was E8 model. The vehicle really look good now after the face lift. It has an amazing pull at initial gears. Very comfortable to drive. Seating is good. Middle seat comfort is amazing. And yeah, there is body roll. During my usage, the vehicle gave me ~12 KMPL Overall, its a good alternative to Innova at a very competitive price of 10.8L
No Doubt Xylo is a VFM Competitor to Innova.

The only things that let Xylo down are reliability, niggles and handling. Seating is one of the best in class especially the 2nd row captain seats. Given the fact its available with Mhawk in E9 - simply a lucrative deal
Old 25th July 2012, 12:56   #132
BHPian

Our newly purchased xylo showing some kind of starting trouble. It need around 5-10 seconds of crank to start.We consulted it with Mahindra service team and initially they declared its due bad fuel. Dropping all blames on adulterated fuel is many service centers first and safest option,but our vehicle was refueling from a factory outlet run by a friend of mine.so we are fully confirmed about the quality of fuel,so we stand firmly and later Mahindra service told us xylo's fitted with certain batch of fuel pump will show such starting issues,hence they will examine it and replace it as soon as possible. Anyway now our vehicle is at Mahindra service center and waiting for her new fuel pump.

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th July 2012 at 01:28. Reason: Corrected Typo zylo = xylo
Old 16th August 2012, 13:25   #133
BHPian

Our Xylo reached home after 10 days of service center life. She got new fuel pump and now starting is normal like a new vehicle.There is no other difference in power or performance.Need to check the mileage after a while.
Old 23rd August 2012, 18:30   #134
Senior - BHPian

@ Team BHP Officials,
Would there be any likely update on the 2012 Xylo Official Test Drive? Please advice
Did search the forum and could not find Ownership Thread on new Xylo 2012.
Old 19th September 2012, 13:22   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
@ Team BHP Officials,
Would there be any likely update on the 2012 Xylo Official Test Drive? Please advice
Did search the forum and could not find Ownership Thread on new Xylo 2012.
Link to Zigwheels Test Drive report for your perusal:

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...t-drive/14156/

Unfortunately, it does not speak muck about the handling or performance & is restricted more to the appearance of the vehicle.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 19th September 2012 at 13:33.

Most Viewed