Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 14:19   #31
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner?

Good catch buddy. The front for sure has undergone a facelift. The grill looks Alfa Romeo type. Seems like the same car that revved_up caught testing about a week back.

I was of the opinion that Maruti would introduce a ZDi version in the Ritz in the same lines as it did for Swift. Sadly the test car does not seem to be a ZDi version.
Old 20th February 2012, 14:54   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Speculated changes - technology and features!
  • Testing equipments attached to car hint at changes in the engine department. Maruti Suzuki will probably introduce VVT technology on the KB12 motor of the Ritz. The VVT is already present in the new Swift which uses the same engine as the Ritz.
  • The Ritz may also get an interior upgrade on the similar lines of the Swift with new center console and steering mounted controls.
Cheers!

Maruti Suzuki Ritz (Suzuki Splash) Facelift spied in Gurgaon
Old 20th February 2012, 16:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

Good news indeed. I would say that the interior upgrade would be a speculation. the Zxi may get steering mounted controls and that would be it.

Upgrade of interiors means that they would need to upgrade the splash as well.
Old 20th February 2012, 20:06   #34
BANNED

They made a good looking front bad, and retained a 'bad' looking rear, imo. Maruti, please - 'rearlift' it as soon as possible, before introducing this model.
Old 20th February 2012, 20:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Yes most probably the VVT finding its way into the Petrol with some minor tweaks to exteriors.

I sincerely hope they dont repeat the design flaw of new Swift (The upper part of leg keeps hitting the plastic below the steering while pressing the clutch).
Old 20th February 2012, 20:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

I was talking to one of the maruti dealers in chennai for booking a ritz VDI ABS for one of my relatives -

- None of them are even offering a rupee discount on ritz diesel. I recollect there were discount schemes running around the month of december 2011, but was surprised to note the situation has changed so very drastically within a short span of time.
- There is a increased demand for ritz now, especially with those who have booked swift VDI and looking to get their cars before the budget date. Dealers aren't committing any delivery timelines for VDI, VDI ABS is out of question altogether.

And now I realize with this thread there is a facelift in the making too. While it is evident that the rear isnt receiving any changes, I would be interested to know the changes to interior if any. I only hope maruti doesnt start recommending synthetic oil for the ritz line-up too which this change like they did for the new swift.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 21:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I was talking to one of the maruti dealers in chennai for booking a ritz VDI ABS for one of my relatives -

- None of them are even offering a rupee discount on ritz diesel. I recollect there were discount schemes running around the month of december 2011, but was surprised to note the situation has changed so very drastically within a short span of time.
-
Here in Trivandrum, right from End Nov 2011 onwards, not even a rupee discount nor even a scrap of Mud flap as free accessory is offered . But Trivandrum has always been like that , offering less value to the customer compared to the other cities.
Old 20th February 2012, 21:39   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

- There is a increased demand for ritz now, especially with those who have booked swift VDI and looking to get their cars before the budget date. Dealers aren't committing any delivery timelines for VDI, VDI ABS is out of question altogether.

And now I realize with this thread there is a facelift in the making too. While it is evident that the rear isnt receiving any changes, I would be interested to know the changes to interior if any. I only hope maruti doesnt start recommending synthetic oil for the ritz line-up too which this change like they did for the new swift.
Thanks for the update. I am in the same boat as many of the people who had booked Swift and looking at Ritz VDI ABS as an option and was about to check with other dealers for Ritz VDI ABS.

My dealer is getting only one Ritz VDI ABS despatched from MSIL to them that too dec 2011 make. That is the only vdi abs they have received for the whole month. Did MSIL stopped production of Ritz with the impending face lift?
Old 20th February 2012, 22:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

I would tend to think so. I checked with popular, cars india and ABT, everyone was telling me the same thing. While the VDI is available with few of them, VDI ABS isn't available with any of them. Please let me know if you get any additional information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K

My dealer is getting only one Ritz VDI ABS despatched from MSIL to them that too dec 2011 make. That is the only vdi abs they have received for the whole month. Did MSIL stopped production of Ritz with the impending face lift?
Old 20th February 2012, 23:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Well! I guess we can call it a Japanese Bulgarian Beard inspired by Ze Germans.

I am puzzled to see the rear without any alterations though. I recall a MSIL gentleman speaking specifically about the 'back-lift'.

Maybe its all done behind closed doors. I assume there are no crucial aspects to be tested like air flow, wind noise, cooling etc for the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
A question here, doesn't the ZXI already have steering mounted controls ?
Yes, the current Ritz ZXi has it.

Last edited by deetjohn : 20th February 2012 at 23:26. Reason: Quote Added.
Old 20th February 2012, 23:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

A question here, doesn't the ZXI already have steering mounted controls ?
Also, anyone aware of Maruti planning on a 'ZDI' variant of the Ritz, like what they did with the New Swift ?
Old 21st February 2012, 05:11   #42
Senior - BHPian

Yep. I was mistaken, the zxi indeed has steering mounted controls. what was lacking was the Auto aircon, which the swift zxi had.
Old 21st February 2012, 06:32   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Caught in the act
I feel this one is now, to a littl extent, resembling the A-star. The current Ritz just needs a rear-lift, IMO.
Old 21st February 2012, 21:56   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
They made a good looking front bad, and retained a 'bad' looking rear, imo. Maruti, please - 'rearlift' it as soon as possible, before introducing this model.
+1. I always like the front looks of the Maruti Ritz, but could never digest the sight of the rear end, which is neither good-looking nor permits a practical boot. Despite widespread criticism of the Ritz rear end, Suzuki insists on retaining its ugly backside. If they could drastically alter the looks of the old Zen, nothing should stop Suzuki from modifying the Ritz rear. On the plus side, a good-looking Ritz rear could easily attract more buyers. And I would be one of them.

@bala80:

If I recall clearly, when Ritz was launched in May 2009, there was a great demand for the petrol Ritz and there were few takers for the diesel Ritz. In fact, my brother-in-law wanted a petrol Ritz, but was forced to buy a diesel Ritz simply because of the waiting list for the petrol Ritz.

Till December 2010, when I was in the market for a car, there were discounts for the diesel Ritz. In fact, I was offered a Rs 15,000 cash discount (or accessories worth Rs 15,000) for the diesel Ritz.

Now, the situation is virtually the other way round (thanks to the government's decision to widen the gap between petrol and diesel prices) and there is a huge demand for the diesel Ritz. My bro-in-law does not regret for a moment that he ended up with the Ritz diesel.

On the contrary, I would initially mock him for his "hasty decision" in buying the Ritz diesel, when he could easily have waited for about a month for the petrol diesel. Now, tables have turned and I end up questioning myself every single day if I made the right choice in buying the i10, especially when I could easily have bought the diesel Ritz, which was within my budget in December 2010.

Last edited by misquitas : 21st February 2012 at 22:19.
Old 22nd February 2012, 06:48   #45
BANNED

They may want to distinguish Ertiga's front grill with that of Ritz. But I hopefully believe that they are testing the front and rear lifts separately, and surprise us!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks