Team-BHP - Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/115751-facelifted-maruti-ritz-round-corner.html)

Hi Guys,

Today i spotted a camaflauged Ritz on the old Gurgaon road.
The front was heeavily covered with black tapes and the rear also had the logos covered with black tapes.

Sorry, I could not take the pic of the front. Attaching the rear pic.

Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner?-13022012564.jpg

Does anybody know of a facelifted Ritz coming soon?

Mods: I tried searching but could not find a similar thread. Please merge the thread if there is an existing similar one.

Is the number plate photoshopped? This does like a test mule. Good catch, maybe we can expect some minor changes and VVT and swift's retuned DDIS motors.

I think Maruti announced a 'rear-lift' of the Ritz, because that's where the problem lies! This may be the intermediate version where they use the new swift tune ups in Ritz.

+1 to that. It needs more of a "Rear Lift" rather than a face lift.
And going by this one, it still seems some way off.

Maybe my eyes need a check, but it doesn't look any different to me. yes, a rear-lift, its all about the rear angles for the Ritz!

I think the facelift would be on the lines of Agila. Where the tail looks is much better and cleaner.

Doesn't look any different from a regular Ritz. If they hadn't taped up the badges, no one would have given this a second look. Sometimes I wonder if these test-mules companies let us "spot" are simply to get some free publicity and invoke some excitement prior to launch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 2679829)
I think the facelift would be on the lines of Agila. Where the tail looks is much better and cleaner.

is it only me or the rear roof line looks to be slanting to the left drastically...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajchetan (Post 2679969)
is it only me or the rear roof line looks to be slanting to the left drastically...

You sure belong to CBI :-). It apparently does. Might be due to distortion from camera's lens.

I don't find any cosmetic facelift.

Could it have something to do with a Ritz LPG?

OT : The Ritz is strikingly similar to Agila. Opel (GM) and Suzuki have nothing in common; how come no issues were raised about the similarity?

But the sighting by Revved Up is not resembling the Agila. The I10 type hatch handle is not seen in the HR registered car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 2680170)

I don't find any cosmetic facelift.

OT : The Ritz is strikingly similar to Agila. Opel (GM) and Suzuki have nothing in common; how come no issues were raised about the similarity?

The first generation Agila looked strikingly similar (almost the same) as the WagonR. They sure have something happening between them.

BTW, regarding the cosmetic change on the Ritz, the change could be only in the front which is why we don't see it in this pic.

Looks like Maruti deliberately wants to avoid rear-lift of Ritz so that Swift goes unrivaled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 2680170)
The Ritz is strikingly similar to Agila. Opel (GM) and Suzuki have nothing in common; how come no issues were raised about the similarity?

Ritz and Agila are same cars. One time cross-platform sharing is quite common among different companies. Another example is Suzuki A-Star = Nissan Pixo.

Edit:

DudeWithaFiat, First generation Agila (and hence first generation Ritz) was indeed the old Wagon R. Yup! Old Wagon R evolved into Ritz and new Wagon R has nothing to do with old Wagon R. Mind blown? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat (Post 2680205)
The first generation Agila looked strikingly similar (almost the same) as the WagonR.

The Ritz which is Splash to the world is a next gen Wagon R; Meant as Wagon R replacement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 2679747)
Is the number plate photoshopped? This does like a test mule. Good catch, maybe we can expect some minor changes and VVT and swift's retuned DDIS motors.

Why would they re-tune the DDIS? It's a rocket in it's current form. If the turbo kick goes, it will spoil all the fun.