Team-BHP - New Tata Dolphin
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Tata Dolphin (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/115869-new-tata-dolphin.html)

Around Jun-Jul 2010, the automotive media had been awash with speculations on the Tata Dolphin project. Many automotive websites (clicky) speculated with concept sketches and AutoBild even carried a cover story though no firm news was coming.

Today however, while randomly browsing the net, I came across this webpage - a domain registered in the name of tatadolphin.com

just attaching a screenshot, incase the site is taken down.

Further links from within this site do not work, but there are some photos of interiors on the home page. The credentials of the webhosting service seem to be genuine.

Scoop gurus : Is this really the sign of the Dolphin coming, or is it just some opportunist signing up the domain name?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditya79india (Post 2682319)
Around Jun-Jul 2010, the automotive media had been awash with speculations on the Tata Dolphin project. Many automotive websites (clicky) speculated with concept sketches and AutoBild even carried a cover story though no firm news was coming.

Today however, while randomly browsing the net, I came across this webpage - a domain registered in the name of tatadolphin.com

just attaching a screenshot, incase the site is taken down.

Further links from within this site do not work, but there are some photos of interiors on the home page. The credentials of the webhosting service seem to be genuine.

Scoop gurus : Is this really the sign of the Dolphin coming, or is it just some opportunist signing up the domain name?

:Shockked: Such DRAMATIC , Grammatical mistakes.

I doubt genuineness of this website and this hideous productlol:

The car looks very futurstic & the website looks pretty genuine, what segment are they targetting now ? They have the nano, indica, indica vista - where does this car fit in the equation. Looks pretty neat though, must say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditya79india (Post 2682319)

I guess you answered it. Going by the 'TECHNICLE SPECS' it is definitely not from Tata Motors.

The website says "Designed and Developed by Kamashtech" at bottom. So I think it is just an opportunist.

BTW, I'm surprised to know about Tata Dolphin. I never heard of it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 2682323)

My initial feelings too! However, could be that the company purchased the domain name, and the web designing firm put up something notional for testing purpose. Anyways websites are generally designed by outsourced and sometimes casual apprentices, before being thoroughly audited for final deployment.

There are many sites rumoring about a Tata Dolphin launch. Motoroids states that the Dolphin and the new Fiat small car would be siblings.

Why can it not be Tata motors..???
If they could put a pic of the Mahindra Maximo on their Annual company brochure.. you can jolly well expect this rl:

Wasn't this projected Dolphin shelved? I believe I read something in that tune in some thread, Can't really recollect where it was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bejoy (Post 2682326)
I guess you answered it. Going by the 'TECHNICLE SPECS' it is definitely not from Tata Motors.

There is "PerformEnce" as well in the list. :D

I think it's a fake.
1) Whois information shows that it's registed to Kamash & not to Tata Motors. Why would Tata not register the site in their own name?
2) Check this site for Hyundai Ha - Home - made again by Kamash.
The site says the car is supposed to released by Diwali.
3) Check Kamash's elance page - https://www.elance.com/samples/kamas...ology/gallery/
I think they have just made these sites as a sort of portfolio thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves (Post 2682361)
Why can it not be Tata motors..???
If they could put a pic of the Mahindra Maximo on their Annual company brochure.. you can jolly well expect this

Why not? Mahindra's Concept/idea of making Maximo itself was borrowed from Tata (Ace):D

Read somewhere that they droped this project due to unknown reason. There were trying to fill gap between Nano and Vista with dolphin

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 2682323)

Haha,agree: Not only does it have grammatical mistakes, the small video or the small flash footage that is playing at the bottom is hilarious! I doubt if even Hindustan Motors would come up with something this bad!lol:

It definitely is not a Tata Dolphin. In fact the main picture is a rendering by Team-bhpian SRK. You can see his logo on the front door. All the pics used are either from other cars or from artists' impressions. So basically, nothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsCry (Post 2682331)
The website says "Designed and Developed by Kamashtech" at bottom. So I think it is just an opportunist.

same name shows up in the whois. Known tata motors domains are all registered under tata sons Ltd (interesting that the tata sons should own the assets) and not tata motors

Here is then domain registration details

First tatamotors.com
Domain Name: TATAMOTORS.COM

Registrant:
Tata Motors Limited
Mr. Arup (dandi@vsnl.com)
Bombay House, 24, Homi Mody Street,
Mumbai
Maharashtra,400001
IN

Now for the fake site

Domain Name: TATADOLPHIN.COM