Team-BHP - Indian Skoda RS : 0 - 96 kmph in 6.63 seconds
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Indian Skoda RS : 0 - 96 kmph in 6.63 seconds (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11593-indian-skoda-rs-0-96-kmph-6-63-seconds.html)

Shocked? So was I alongwith Mad Monkey, Rtech, Ford Rocam and 2L8uloose last evening. Alongwith the Gtech Pro and Mad Monkeys Octavia RS / Jitus 16B Honda, we ran some test runs.

Monkeys RS has a Petes engine remap (claimed 190BHP) alongwith 225 Michelins and Koni FSDs to transfer the power effectively to the tarmac.

My best time = 6.63 seconds with the Gtech glowing loud! And the Gtech is not way off actual estimates (+/- 2 - 3 percent).

Monkey, I told you this yesterday and I tell you again. Your RS is too damn perfect with a smooth, balanced and utterly driveable engine, road handling (thanks to the Konis) and a subtle black look.

I am impressed.

GTO

6.63 s !!!!

thats way tooooo fast ...
just 1.63 seconds away from being a genuine supercar sedan ...

wonder what ppl might do with the skoda L*** RS version with 200 bhp stock

6.63!!!!
i also drives a stock RS, it does feels real fast even when it is stock.
can't even visualise what it would be like in that 6.63 sec to 96kmph car!

by the way, please elaborate your post about what is what!
as some people might get confused between the userIDs and the product names. :)

[SIZE=2]I thought Pete's remap was 200bhp? 6.63 is pretty impressive. [/SIZE]

Impressive !!!
Btw GTO/FR , what times did the B16B clock ..

Hey thats impressive.

GTO you said

Quote:

My best time = 6.63 seconds with the Gtech glowing loud!
do you think it can even do better?

Quote:

Btw GTO/FR , what times did the B16B clock ..
Unfortunately, the hondas lighter socket was not working. So we couldnt time it on the Gtech. But two straight drags between the two makes me think that the RS had an advantage.

Quote:

do you think it can even do better?
The initial runs were anywhere between 7.xx to 8.xx. But the final run was awesome. No clutch dumping / slipping but just the right amount of wheel spin with perfect gearshifts. I was shocked myself. I knew it was a good run but didnt expect it to be so good.

Monkeys car is to be driven.....

GTO

Quote:

Monkeys RS has a Petes engine remap (claimed 190BHP) alongwith 225 Michelins and Koni FSDs to transfer the power effectively to the tarmac
No Wonder. :)

Are u planning to put up the B16's timings??

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
My best time = 6.63 seconds with the Gtech glowing loud! And the Gtech is not way off actual estimates (+/- 2 - 3 percent).

Phew .. was this in second gear ?

GTO its really amazing to see a indian car clock a superb 0-96 time.

although a tad optimistic, this sounds totally off the charts, especially since the vRS from four seasons with a claimed 235 bhp with pete's stage-II (alongwith suspension stiffening, broader tyres, enhanced electricals and boost controllers etc.), clocks about 7.xx....

well, you never know...some engines, of the same spec, out-perform each other under similar state of tune, although a 190 hp octy bettering a 235 hp one could be a first...perhaps somebody should borrow a vbox racelogic from the ACI guys, just to be sure...

but hey, all that matters in the end is that the owner is happy with his car, no matter what. as always, more is never enough when it comes to power, so it's all down to the owner's satisfaction levels. madmonkey, it seems you have a wonderful vRS; enjoy it's velocity, and drive safe...

thank you GTO ...

Me very happy .....

veyron - I agree with what you said but do remember the Petes RS producing all of 235bhp is obviously faster then the Monkey RS but ACI had clocked the time of the Petes under wet conditions which surely has led to a slower time otherwise i can bet you its going to be faster then this RS. Also i think Petes Stage I remap is 50bhp. SO monkeys car is 200bhp, wheras Petes is 235bhp. 35bhp and still slower can be attributed to lauching RPM, location of wind, weather conditions being wet, dust on track, type of road(tarred, concreate) and the number on board the car. But under similar conditions the Petes will beat Monkeys car, but still Monkey you got a very fast car dude..clap:

I guess 6.63 can be credited to GTO for that perfect launch.

Quote:

Sorry... but why 96 KM/H? I thought it was 0-100 that always was the benchmark in imperial terms or 0-60 MPH in US terms... GTO, can you please explain ?
GTO has a Gtech brought from US where the norm is MPH. So he tested 0 - 60mph which is equivalent to 96 in kmph.

wow man :Shockked: ... unbelievable ... awesome run GTO ... monkey im sure most of us here envy you

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
My best time = 6.63 seconds with the Gtech glowing loud!

Sorry... stupid: but why 96 KM/H? I thought it was 0-100 that always was the benchmark in imperial terms or 0-60 MPH in US terms... GTO, can you please explain ?

BTW, that must have been one perfect launch by GTO and one hell of a car that Mad Monkey has... congrats both of you !!!