Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2012, 14:11   #76
BHPian

Re: The BMW X1 at Rs.15,999 EMI (limited time offer)

many people here stressing that this isn't worth it because a salaried class person would have to spend X more over the lifetime because of interest

Ever paused and thought that the salaried class isn't the target ?

Folks with healthy business income like to reinvest a good amount of working capital back in the business to expand it. Plonk ~25lakh in one shot ? No way. 30k a month ?! Bring it on.

Last edited by Warhound : 14th March 2012 at 14:28.
Old 14th March 2012, 15:20   #77
Senior - BHPian

Now they are doing it for 320d @ 13999.

The BMW X1 at Rs.15,999 EMI (limited time offer)-ad0420407.jpg

Though I can understand reason for such schemes and discounts is phasing out of current E90 BMW 320d but as a customer I am loving it. I wish other germans brands will follow the suit and introduce such schemes next year while I am looking for the change

Just for my info and knowledge, does any german apart from BMW offer such comprehensive maintenance package ??
Old 14th March 2012, 15:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

These offers are definitely attractive. They exist for the 3 series and the X1. However, please note if you're making a down payment and then opting for a lower loan, there are serious discounts and attractive interest rates.

But I have a question: Why would one want to buy a car where you're not allowed to do any installation of your favorite accessories, such as ICE?
Old 21st April 2012, 11:05   #79
BHPian

The offers on the X1 posted by Das looked very tempting,i got in touch with Kun Exclusive the dealers for the BMW in Coimbatore. They said a discount of 1lac was possible.It would be of help to me if any one in Chennai or Coimbatore who has bought an X1 could tell me about the discounts they got,
Old 21st April 2012, 13:30   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Now they are doing it for 320d @ 13999.

Attachment 902795

Though I can understand reason for such schemes and discounts is phasing out of current E90 BMW 320d but as a customer I am loving it. I wish other germans brands will follow the suit and introduce such schemes next year while I am looking for the change

Just for my info and knowledge, does any german apart from BMW offer such comprehensive maintenance package ??

Does someone have details on how the 13,999 emi works? What do we pay upfront and how many installments does one need to pay?
Old 21st April 2012, 22:30   #81
Senior - BHPian

I am from AP. The state of super-savers. If they buy a 30 lakh BMW here, they will have at least 3 crores on hand. No one buys such cars here on instalments. It is cars costing up to 10 lakhs which are bought on EMIs.
Old 22nd April 2012, 19:27   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Does someone have details on how the 13,999 emi works? What do we pay upfront and how many installments does one need to pay?
Upon inquiring for the same, following details were shared.

The BMW X1 at Rs.15,999 EMI (limited time offer)-clipboard01.jpg
Old 22nd April 2012, 19:41   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I appreciate your opinion and your views and there is logic in it.

What I'm trying to say is that we must be rational when it comes to investing pot-loads of cash on a depreciating asset, such as a BMW 320d. Maintaining a German car is very different from maintaining a Jap, Korean or an Indian car. Running costs will shoot up and spare-parts are frankly exorbitant.

For instance, an outside-rear-view-mirror for a Hyundai costs under 10k, even when equipped with features such as turn-indicators, auto-fold and auto-adjust. But in a Mercedes, it is 3 times more.

If one buys a BMW with all his hard-earned money and has little left, he is certainly going to feel the pinch when a two-wheeler smashes his ORVM. But if the same person has a big amount saved up and dedicated for his ride, the pinch would be felt, albeit, a lot less.

There might be maintenance-schemes by BMW, that would bolster and cushion the expenses for existing customers. But how much is it going to 'shield' you at the end of the day? They are, after all, expensive cars. And sooner or later, you will have to spend a lot of money on them.

One must remember that 30 lakhs is 30 lakhs. And spending that much money on an asset that's potentially going to milk your wallet will warrant the need for a bigger bank balance.
Bang-on Suhaas - Also there is another catch, I don't know if any one has mentioned it in any of their posts. The thing is, apart from the maintenance, the service cost is atrocious. If I remember correct, a normal paid service after the free services are over are quite costly. A close friend has availed of this scheme and he did mention some abnormally high amount for a paid service. And yes, the spares are very very expensive!
Old 22nd April 2012, 23:47   #84
BHPian

On Road Price of X! in Bombay is 28,64,230 where as i got quote in HYD for 31,59,031. why is there so much difference. absolutely crap.

The New scheme is 33,59,031 price tag and 8,09,031 down payment, and rest no interest EMI of 70834 for 3 years. So thats 2.5 lacs more and no interest.

Ex show room price for 33,059,031 on road price tag scheme is 27,75,420 in HYd.
Old 4th October 2012, 12:33   #85
BHPian

I dont know how I missed this thread. I called up the BMW dealer just now but alas, these offers are over.

I know that all the esteemed members in this forum have given reasons for why we should not go for this gimmic. But the words "I CAN AFFOARD A BMW" kept passing through my head like a ticker tape from the moment I read the first post in this thread till I callled the guy in Navnit motors.

I know it is not practical and from a financial standpoint I would be a fool if i brought it. But its a Beamer. The car that I dream of owning. All the good sense went out the window. I dont know how many of you were as foolish as me but it took me 2 seconds (the time I needed to read the heading of the post) to make up my mind to cancel my booking for the XUV and go to the BMW dealership for a test drive.

Had I seen this post earlier I would have been the fool who brought a BMW even if he couldnt afford it.

I always was crazy about the Beamer but I never thought that I was the kind of guy to throw good sense in the dustbin just to own his dream car. Well, I guess you learn how crazy tou can be every day
Old 13th October 2012, 17:17   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant

Bang-on Suhaas - Also there is another catch, I don't know if any one has mentioned it in any of their posts. The thing is, apart from the maintenance, the service cost is atrocious. If I remember correct, a normal paid service after the free services are over are quite costly. A close friend has availed of this scheme and he did mention some abnormally high amount for a paid service. And yes, the spares are very very expensive!
No, there are no free services either, first service is at 15k km and it is paid service, the spare parts are not the cost driving factor it is the labour which is tremendously costly and i assume they pay them well though to my horror i found the much desirable serious approach to the job lacking, it was the usual another day in the office approach
Old 5th March 2013, 08:58   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post

The thing is, apart from the maintenance, the service cost is atrocious.
For the record, i paid 23k for the first paid service which also included a 5k package of shampooing and dry cleaning interiors and rubbing and polishing the exteriors. It was a package offered by 3M at BMW serive center. The actual cost of servicing was only 18k, of course this is only an oil and filter change.

Last edited by rajeshchand : 5th March 2013 at 09:01.
Old 9th July 2013, 10:44   #88
Senior - BHPian

Not of BMW, but this time It's AUDI.

Simple maths - 25,500 Rs x 84 Months = 21,42,000 L + 5,00,000 L (Down Payment) + Registration (Free) + Insurance (Free)

The BMW X1 at Rs.15,999 EMI (limited time offer)-ad0320708.png
ashthedivx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 11:03   #89
Senior - BHPian

This is a global trend. BMW and other luxury car makers aspire to create a larger customer base. Such schemes of pay 199 GB pounds a month, introduction of 1 series, selling of approved seconds from BMW dealerships by advertising- A BMW gets you there about 10 % faster is luring the aspirant towards a luxury german car.

In the UK for that matter Toyota sells the Corolla as a Lexus called IS 200.
Old 9th July 2013, 11:07   #90
Senior - BHPian

So for 26.5 lakhs one gets an A4? Could the experts please comment on this deal. how good a deal is it? Where is the catch?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks