Team-BHP - I spotted a Left Hand Drive Tata Aria
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   I spotted a Left Hand Drive Tata Aria (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/116230-i-spotted-left-hand-drive-tata-aria.html)

Pals, believe it or not I saw this Left Hand driven Aria test vehicle myself near by DangeChowk (about 5km from one of the Tata Motors plant) on 20th Feb. I'm not sure if it has been spotted before by any BHPian but I got privileged to face it. Seems Tata is exporting (or planning) to some other countries with LHD. I was on my bike, about to cross the road and there I saw this vehicle passing by me. There was no camouflaging, was in regular Black color not noticeable at first sight other than the Red color number plate of testing vehicle, just one person driving it.
Then I said, WOW, it was LHD! sadly I couldn't take a picture of it.

Google search revealed the similar black Aria scooped by IndianCarsBikes, below is the picture shared on their web.

I spotted a Left Hand Drive Tata Aria-tataarialhdspyshot1.jpg

Courtesy: IndianCarsBikes

Mods: I thought of sharing it as a new thread, rather under review thread, please move/merge as required.

Probably meant for Italy - Tata sells a few cars there

May be I'm wrong but if its the same Aria with just a left hand drive, does it meet the European safety standards?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arup.misra (Post 2689604)
May be I'm wrong but if its the same Aria with just a left hand drive, does it meet the European safety standards?

The 4-wheel drive version does. The 2WD, meant only for India (and possibly other countries where safety rules are not very strict) is not even eligible for European safety tests :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arup.misra (Post 2689604)

The present 4X4 version sold in India meets Europian norms. I guess they will add TPMS to it. (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System - required in US but not sure about Europe.) The 4X2 is reported to not match the 4X4 on the Safety standards due to removal of certain heavy metal body stiffening elements for the Indian market.

Infact many of the in-the-car stickers like the one for Airbags safety regulations (behind the sunvisor) are already in two european languages besides English.

Congratulations to Tata Motors! There is always a Market for every category of cars. And, Tata's have been exporting for a long long time. To see the Aria going is good news. Could be the South American market, where I am told Tata's have a dealership link.

This is the speed of Tata motors.
Have all possible way to cash in, no matter it takes off or not, a big way in home market!

Tata have already started Selling ARIA in Italy. the italian tata website shows tata aria.
www.tatamotors.it

What about the middle east. Those folks use Tata for construction business. Perhaps, the project manager would fancy driving a MUV from the same brand which makes their pick up trucks! Bulk order = discounts + cheaper service.

Cheers!
Rohan

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjalihal (Post 2705364)
What about the middle east. Those folks use Tata for construction business. Perhaps, the project manager would fancy driving a MUV from the same brand which makes their pick up trucks! Bulk order = discounts + cheaper service.

Cheers!
Rohan

The Mid-east is a petrol market as it's incredibly cheap. To sell a car like Aria, TM needs to plonk a 2.4L engine at the very least. I dont think TM has anything bigger than a 2.0L pertol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 2705324)
Tata have already started Selling ARIA in Italy. the italian tata website shows tata aria.
www.tatamotors.it

Per the Italian Tata Website:

Quote:

The engine is turbo-diesel direct-injection 2.2 Dicor (Direct Injection Common Rail) with 4-cylinder, 16 valves, 2,179 cm 3 and maximum power 110 kW (150 hp).
Anyone know if this engine is making it to the Indian Aria/Safari/Storme?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeluM (Post 2705731)
Per the Italian Tata Website:
Anyone know if this engine is making it to the Indian Aria/Safari/Storme?

Couple of days ago Horamzd Sorabjee of Autocar India tweeted that this engine will make it to India as well.