Team-BHP - Safest Car Poll
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Safest Car Poll (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11636-safest-car-poll.html)

In India when we go out to buy a car, safety is one of the lowest priorities......so lets see how our cars poll current category I am putting around 6-7 lakh segment.

Accent
Aveo
Baleno
Corsa
Fiesta
Indigo
NHC
Fiat Petra

Its a tough fight between the tata indigo and fiat petra for me. I wont vote here for any of the two coz its too close.

Dude, go ahead on post your opinion, there is always only one winner how ever close the contest may be ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
Its a tough fight between the tata indigo and fiat petra for me. I wont vote here for any of the two coz its too close.

.. ok.. then you vote for Petra & I'll vote for indigo.... so that cancels out the thing.. also giving the well deserved votes :)

Guys,
I voted for 'Fiat Petra' because when i went for test drives, the Fiat guy told me that the low FE of Fiat cars are because they are heavy cars[to meet european safety standards they use strong heavy material for the body] And also i could feel the heaviness just be lifting the bonnet.

Another thing i have observed is when cars like NHC, Accent brushes its side the whole body seems to get bent a long way, but on Fiat palios i have seen just one strong etching kind of mark.

I have observed that even opel corsa seems pretty similar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLK
.. ok.. then you vote for Petra & I'll vote for indigo.... so that cancels out the thing.. also giving the well deserved votes :)

but still both will loose a vote.lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by venkatrx
...Another thing i have observed is when cars like NHC, Accent brushes its side the whole body seems to get bent a long way, but on Fiat palios i have seen just one strong etching kind of mark.

I have observed that even opel corsa seems pretty similar...

Did you realise that your observation is one of the greatest (passenger) safety compliments to NHC?

Quote:

Originally Posted by msprabhakar
Did you realise that your observation is one of the greatest (passenger) safety compliments to NHC?

So according to you NHC and baleno are as safe as a Fiat petra?

I voted for Fiat Petra, corsa comes second in safety

Hi,

Of the cars listed, I voted for the petra.

Amazing build quality.. European cars amaze with their build qualityclap:

Petra it sure is .. Indigo comes in a close 2nd !!!

Petra for me.
The safety is anyday better then any of the current cars on sale today.

I gave it a long thought. I tried to recall my past driving experiences.

I think Petra is at the top closesly folllowed by corsa and Indigo at second place.

petra it is for me.:)

numbers do the talking? lets see
taking into account of base versions of all cars, coz top versions hav bigger engines and account for more kerb weight, also including only petrol engines, coz diesel engines are heavier.

Car Kerb weight(kgs)

Accent 1023

Aveo 1068(not sure)

Baleno 975(another bantam class fighter from maruti, hehe)

Corsa 1060

Fiesta 1140

Indigo 1065

NHC 1055

whoz the boss?
clearly, Ford Fiesta... surprising, isn't it? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedbuster
numbers do the talking? lets see

Not here!
Although there is a positive correlation between weight and safety, its not really as straight forward as linear equation in one variable.

Else fatter driver would make the vehicle safer!.. just kidding. ;)