Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2006, 19:06   #16
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Low cost BRIC car seems to be the buzzword these days.
Toyota, VW and now Nissan too.
I guess the success of the Logans and the Indicas have gotten a lot of attention.
Though i wonder if it is going to be a bit late for these guys..by the time they launch their cars (2010??)..B segment may have been saturated and ppl may be moving towards C segment.
Old 29th March 2006, 19:18   #17
BANNED

another brand new car being developed for India woow..!!

cant wait too see it...
Old 30th March 2006, 08:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted
another brand new car being developed for India woow..!!

cant wait too see it...
Developed for India? where did u get this info? In my knowledge The car already exists.

But one thing I an say for sure. Nissan's build quality and ride are as impressive as ACURA(Honda) If not better.
Old 7th March 2007, 19:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nissan to come up with a compact car

Car makers Renault SA and Nissan Motor Co have met with Indian components vendors to finalise supplies ahead of their planned launches, a senior Nissan India official said on Tuesday.

We are clearly interested in compact cars, and they will be a big part of our plan," he said, declining to give more details. Earlier, a business daily said Nissan would launch 8 cars and partner Renault three cars in India in the next few years.

Production will start in the second half of 2009.

Source:
Renault, Nissan mull plans for India
Old 7th March 2007, 20:38   #20
BHPian

It is high time they do. Otherwise you can't be a volume player in the Indian market with 25 lakhs + product range ( considering Snob value)
Old 8th March 2007, 09:41   #21
BHPian

I wonder why players like Nissan and Renault are getting into India through a JV instead of doing it on their own. I mean we have a JV with Nissan, Renault and Mahindra for the Logan. Then there is the Nissan, Renault JV to partner 3 cars and then finally Nissan itself would launch 8 cars on it own.

I am not able to figure out this strategy. Any thoughts on that.
Old 14th March 2007, 18:30   #22
BHPian

The Left government in Kerala is trying to rope in Japanese auto giant Nissan Motors to set up operations in the state.

Kerala chief minister VS Achuthanandan informed the state assembly on Tuesday that the state government was in touch with Nissan officials.

Source: Kerala woos Nissan Motors to kick off operations-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 28th March 2007, 20:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

The nissan latio sedan and hatch[called latio sport] is well on its way to be launched in Malaysia [is already launched in singapore],They could make it here as well provided nissan is serious about the Indian market[maybe both or maybe one of the two cars could come here as well].

The sedan is a competitor for the honda city,toyota vios while the hatch competes with cars like the honda jazz[premium hatches]

Disclaimer:
No official news about the launch of nissan cars in India.

Picture source:
Nissan Latio sedan and the Nissan Latio Sport hatchback spotted in Genting

Details of cars :
Nissan.com.sg-The sedan

Nissan.com.sg-The hatch

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 28th March 2007 at 20:45.
Old 28th March 2007, 21:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askicode View Post
The Left government in Kerala is trying to rope in Japanese auto giant Nissan Motors to set up operations in the state.
Which car company would like to set up base in Kerala?? They tried with BMW, VW etc.
What advantages does Kerala have in terms of a manufacturing setup? Cheap labour, component availability, land, infrastructure? Nothing!!!
Old 29th March 2007, 13:26   #25
Team-BHP Support

Rightly said, not to forget the frequent strikes and labour unions who hold one for ransom.
Old 29th March 2007, 14:00   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Which car company would like to set up base in Kerala?? They tried with BMW, VW etc.
What advantages does Kerala have in terms of a manufacturing setup? Cheap labour, component availability, land, infrastructure? Nothing!!!
Beaches.... My friend. That what foreigners likes.
Old 29th March 2007, 16:28   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
The nissan latio sedan and hatch[called latio sport] is well on its way to be launched in Malaysia [is already launched in singapore]
In Brunei, Latio Hatch was launched recently after many years in Singapore. Sedan is not available here yet. Singapore is a crazy place in terms of pricing cars, so i ignore the pricing there. Latio Hatch (jap made) costs S$26k in Brunei. Toyota Vios hi-spec ie. with auto/abs/airbags 1.5 petrol costs less than 21k (its Thai made). Build quality, refinement level are very high in Latio and its really one big car (but with small boot). Esp the rear leg room is comparable with any mid range sedan like corolla.

I dont think Nissan is talking about compact car for india in this price range. What they should be aiming is in Getz/Swift range if not Santro/WagonR range.

But Latio, I personnaly like it better than Vios. Euro styling and quiet engine with very high quality interior.

Last edited by sgmuser : 29th March 2007 at 16:29.

Most Viewed