Team-BHP - Nissan Plans Low cost car for India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Nissan Plans Low cost car for India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11643-nissan-plans-low-cost-car-india.html)

Nissan is developing a low cost car for india as well as for Brazil, Russia and China.

Industry sources suggest that it would be a spacious, B-segment hatchback with teriffic styling and interiors. Nissan wants to keep a strong hold on the Indian Market. Nissan had been studying the Indian market with the Xtrail and they are facinated with the Indian Market.

Source : - April ACI

:OT Marutis New Wagon R, Fiats New Palio in September and TDCI 143BHP Endeavour by end year.

Isnt this the company where BVR Subbu is supposed to be going?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
Fiats New Palio in September and TDCI 143BHP Endeavour by end year.

I will be waiting for these.

Great another brand new car being developed for India

:OT A diesel fusion is also expected by diwali this year.I hope it is not the fiesta's diesel engine.

Sound amazingly similar to what Nissans big daddy - Renault - has accomplished with the Logan.

GTO

It can be the Nissan Micra. But as the news talks about a B+ segment car. It can be the one based on Renault Megane II.

[SIZE=2]It is called March. Is it the Micra which is being planned?[/SIZE]

Good good. Atleast some Japanese manufacturer apart from Suzuki seems to have got some sense. Wonder when Honda and Toyota will follow suit?

Good stuff by Nissan. When is it planned for India release?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
and TDCI 143BHP Endeavour by end year.

Busa, I hope this turns out to be authentic. I had heard that there were a dozen or so of then undergoing "testing" down south (heard this from the service manager in my ford dealership) but never got any concrete proof.......143 seems a bit too much though

Wow! I beilieve currently only small car in Nissan's stable is Micra.

@suman: nope, 143 hp is barely good by today's standards, considering the fact that the fortuner, which is about to debut before mid-07 ('inside' toyota grapevine), that would fall in the same price bracket, or less, has a 3.0 D-4D 163 hp powerplant. and no, the renewed ford isn't a myth; it's the rechristened everest, and will reveal itself in india by diwali this year. the expected launch dates have been given by ACI, in this month's edition, as christmas; but a li'l birdie tells me it could be sooner, provided ford's "estimates" go right; now don't ask me what that is- i haven't a clue....

@typeonegative: well, wasn't supposed to let the cat out of the bag, but since you ask, another li'l birdie tells me that toyota has filed in to the ARAI for a new "small" car from their range, and so has skoda. grapevine also has it that 2 camouflaged toyotas and skodas were doing the rounds by VRDE ahmednagar...now these are the tips that i've heard...even i am not 100% sure yet; BUT, as always, i shall get some concrete evidence first, before going into the specifics.....

and as for nissan's small car...well, call me pessimistic, but i figure nissan would have a much better chance if it settles in with it's brand recognition first; try getting in the x-trail as ckd's, reduce the price by, say, 10 lacs, set up a decent dealer network, and THEN get into the high-volume, cut-throat b segment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbasak
Wow! I beilieve currently only small car in Nissan's stable is Micra.

but they can also bring something from the renault's stable like a redesigned Megane II.

actually that's the rumour I heard.

And Nissan has also started building a Hatch based on the mitsubishi colt at mitsubishi's plant. Dunno when it will be launched.

Quote:

but they can also bring something from the renault's stable like a redesigned Megane II.
In fact they are already doing that... recently launched Nissan Notes looks very similar to Renault Modus!

But that can't be termed as low cost car.

Low cost BRIC car seems to be the buzzword these days.
Toyota, VW and now Nissan too.
I guess the success of the Logans and the Indicas have gotten a lot of attention.

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron1
@suman: nope, 143 hp is barely good by today's standards, considering the fact that the fortuner, which is about to debut before mid-07 ('inside' toyota grapevine), that would fall in the same price bracket, or less, has a 3.0 D-4D 163 hp powerplant. and no, the renewed ford isn't a myth; it's the rechristened everest, and will reveal itself in india by diwali this year. the expected launch dates have been given by ACI, in this month's edition, as christmas; but a li'l birdie tells me it could be sooner, provided ford's "estimates" go right; now don't ask me what that is- i haven't a clue....

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that we may not be so lucky as to get the 143! We'll probably get at least 10 to 15 bhp less as we seem to be getting for most of the models because of our fuel content....the Thai everest develops 121ps versus our down-powered endeavour; same would be the case with the fortuner & the new endeavour I suppose.

And, I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that your birdie is right......:) ; just pushed back my purchase plans a tad!

PS: The new Ford Ranger is on display at the Bangkok International Motor Show as we speak so that Duratorq engine thats supposed to go on the Endeavour as per ACI is up and running.......(Me, I'm an incurable optimist when it suits me!!)