Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 17:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 Ford Fiesta Model Range rejigged

Ford's website has re-uploaded the old version of the fiesta brochure and that 4 page leaflet of the fiesta AT. Looks like the model rejig has been delayed.
Old 1st March 2012, 20:55   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

So as per the brochure, Diesel has two variants, Style & Titanium+ ! To me, Titanium+ variant looks funny with the extra equipment on offer. At the same time Style looks a very good buy! I wish they had offered the trip computer, DTE etc on Style too!

We have to see how do they price this car now. Style, which is the base model for Fiesta D actually packs much more features than the top end of some of the competitors - this might cause people to still stay away from the car as I assume the price will be high compared to rest of the entry models.
Old 2nd March 2012, 18:29   #33
BHPian

Style version has got Cruise control, electrically operated ORVM, thats good. But still no DTE, USB or Bluetooth on 9+L sedan.
Old 2nd March 2012, 20:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
There were reports of problems (shift quality, noise etc.) with the dual clutch (PowerShift) GB. Have these been resolved?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 2nd March 2012, 20:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
There were reports of problems (shift quality, noise etc.) with the dual clutch (PowerShift) GB. Have these been resolved?

Regards
Sutripta
Where, oh where? Care to post the link?
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 20:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Google autocompletes on 'Ford Dual Clutch Problems'. Follow the links, and more importantly the links in the articles themselves. (Would like to add that it's upto you to separate the wheat from the chaff regarding 'information' on the internet.)

Regards
Sutripta
Old 5th March 2012, 08:29   #37
BHPian

Today's papers show the Fiesta starting at an effective price of 7.5L (ex-showroom delhi)!!
Old 5th March 2012, 15:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

Instead of this "effective car price" crap, i wonder why cant Ford just make the ex-showroom price 7.5L so that people can save on road tax + insurance.
Old 6th March 2012, 00:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

OMG, I am guessing you are kidding right. Cant believe someone as you mentioned that the best way to find a link is google it, well try googling Santro Clutch in google you will get a auto complete of Clutch problem, same for i20, swift and even BMW X1.
Please just dont go by what you get of auto complete. Every vehicle would have some issue reported by someone and which will be picked up by google doesnt have to mean that there is some serious issue just because Google Auto complete suggests it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^
Google autocompletes on 'Ford Dual Clutch Problems'. Follow the links, and more importantly the links in the articles themselves. (Would like to add that it's upto you to separate the wheat from the chaff regarding 'information' on the internet.)

Regards
Sutripta

Anyway coming to the topic, I did read the paper for last 2 days and I am yet to find an ad of Fiesta. Did the ad mention something about the line up being rejiged or something like the festive offer etc. I am guessing they will not be able to just say the price are reduced I am sure every company will come up with a reason for the price reduction.
xingamazon is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks