Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2012, 09:53   #31
BHPian

Unless Mitsubishi brings in the latest models with a diesel heart at a tempting price, its bound to fail. Read as don't try and bring the 4 year old current Gen lancer, instead plan for the next Gen. Only if the new Pajero Sport is significantly different from the Fortuner and is at least as good in all attributes it can do well. This is the minimum equation. Else its game over for Mitsubishi.
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cedia sports price dropped to INR 7,99,000

Even if they price it at 6.99 Lacs which they will in another 6 months they will still not be able to sell a lot. Why they bother to even sell is beyond my understanding.

It is a fantastic car no doubt.

I just had the opportunity to own a flawless 2008 sport model done 41k for an asking of 4 lacs - I told him I will pay 3 and not a penny more. Waiting for him to come back
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:16   #33
BHPian

Thats one heck of deal! Thanks for sharing Sid!

I had the opportunity to TD it early last year and boy..what a car!
I was blown away by sheer driving dynamics of this beast!
The backbench is also super comfy. Loved every bit of it.

IMO its a steal at 7.99L but it wont sell because of the bad reputation of Mitsubishi and HM.
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I just had the opportunity to own a flawless 2008 sport model done 41k for an asking of 4 lacs - I told him I will pay 3 and not a penny more. Waiting for him to come back
Is it the one with OZ and Momo, which came after August 08. Something around 3.7-3.8 is good for that. If its old sports, may be 3.3-3.4L is a good price, if the car is in good condition.
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Is it the one with OZ and Momo, which came after August 08. Something around 3.7-3.8 is good for that. If its old sports, may be 3.3-3.4L is a good price, if the car is in good condition.
No its not the one with the OZ. Its a normal one. It is in Delhi ( Civil Lines I think )

I asked my car dealer and he said dont pay anything over 3 as it really has a very bad resale and parts also are a problem sometime as I will drive the car in Agra.
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:36   #36
BHPian

Thats a price correction of 1.3 lacs in Nagpur. If they slash prices of lancer in a similiar fashion,it will come at par with hatches.But they wont do so. Currently lancer is priced at 7.99. take 1.3 off and you get one for 6.7 lacs.
Old 2nd March 2012, 13:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
No its not the one with the OZ. Its a normal one. It is in Delhi ( Civil Lines I think )

I asked my car dealer and he said dont pay anything over 3 as it really has a very bad resale and parts also are a problem sometime as I will drive the car in Agra.
A person from civil lines can probably give you the car even at 2.5 Lac. Try hard to get it at 3. If not another 30k would still be worth it. Damn, a pre owned CNG Cedia at 3-3.5 will be far cheaper to run (maintenance aftermarket and fuel cost included) than a new swift vxi..

Sorry for being too much OT: New Cedia at 7.99 ex showroom..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 2nd March 2012 at 13:10.
Old 2nd March 2012, 13:34   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Heck, the cramped Fiesta Classic top-end is 50 grand cheaper.
IMHO - Fiesta Classic Lxi @ 6L OTR in Delhi is still a better deal, less on space YES, but I don't think people looking for the Fiesta 1.6L/Cedia would bother carrying 5 people.

Cedia over the years would loose more than the 1.6 Fiesta.

Haggle the SA's more on the Fiesta and I can safely assume that you can get it for less than 6 OTR Delhi.

All in All - Mouth watering deal this is, cut on the Insurance and Reg, you can have it close to 8.6L OTR.

Last edited by Torquedo : 2nd March 2012 at 13:36.
Old 2nd March 2012, 17:35   #39
BHPian

I couldn't sleep last night after reading this.
Trying my best to sort my finances all day to get one
But I don't think I'll be able to afford it now (cannot run short of cash when I get a pristine W124)
I believe its a wonderful car if you are not bothered about resale value.
Clean timeless design, simple fun to drive and superb mod potential.

Anyways I got the updated Price list from Mumbai Dealer
A white one is available within 5 days and red/yellow in a month
Booking amount 1 Lakh
Attached Thumbnails
Cedia sports price dropped to INR 7,99,000-cedia.jpg  

vikramvicky1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 20:09   #40
BHPian

Pune On Road price - INR 925000.
Attached is the latest brochure. It has MOMO steering and OZ alloys, if we go by the brochure available on the website.

Guys, please advise. I was in the market for Vento TDI Highline. Just came across this today. If it gives me better driving dynamics, performance and handling I can think of switching to it. It also has higher ground clearance of 175mm which is 11mm more than the Vento. Whichever car I buy, Leh Laddakh trip will happen with that baby. Additionally, I have some interest in motorsports and will participate in Autocross and TSD events in near future (Already did one Autocross with my Indica Vista SAFIRE65).

So, what say? Does anyone have a clue on Mitsubishi After Sales Service at Pune? How does the car age?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cedia_Sports_Bro.pdf (1.07 MB, 433 views)

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 3rd March 2012 at 20:15. Reason: Adding few queries.
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 21:16   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Just a doubt - Is there anyway we could change the current Cedia's grill to the old one ? I am BIG fan of the old grill [vertical slanting one] and believe that was SUPERB looking compared to the horizontal one.
Old 3rd March 2012, 22:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
I was in the market for Vento TDI Highline. Just came across this today. If it gives me better driving dynamics, performance and handling I can think of switching to it. It also has higher ground clearance of 175mm which is 11mm more than the Vento. Whichever car I buy, Leh Laddakh trip will happen with that baby. Additionally, I have some interest in motorsports and will participate in Autocross and TSD events in near future (Already did one Autocross with my Indica Vista SAFIRE65).
If you are fine with a petrol car, doesnt bother about resale and fine with expensive parts, then it has to be the Cedia. Its anyday a far better car than Vento IMHO (no offence to Vento People). Most parts of Cedia are in civics/corolla category, some as much as double that of vento, some even more, running items such as filters, brake pads, clutch are at par or cheaper than vento.

Quote:
So, what say? Does anyone have a clue on Mitsubishi After Sales Service at Pune? How does the car age?
People in pune are quite satisfied with the dealer (J Williams), please search the forum for more. You can find my car's long term ownership thread here. Also find a detailed long term ownership report on page 26.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2349077

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Just a doubt - Is there anyway we could change the current Cedia's grill to the old one ? I am BIG fan of the old grill [vertical slanting one] and believe that was SUPERB looking compared to the horizontal one.
One will need to change the complete bumper, which costs about 9k and the Grill, which costs about 2.5K per piece (2 pieces, so 5 k). Also not to forget the paint cost of about 4k. That makes it under 20k, which I dont think is worth spending just for a grill. Better spend that money on better tires.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 3rd March 2012 at 22:15.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 23:32   #43
Senior - BHPian

Kolkata on road price is 8.73. Dealer was willing to give insurance free and 10K corporate discount.

8.42 is a sweeeeeet deal !! (similar to the City entry level variant). Wish I were in the market for one.

Momo and OZ present. No leather seats. 2 Din non-touchscreen HU. Beige interiors.
shuvc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 23:49   #44
BHPian

This is really a great news & we all know cedia is one heck of a car!!!

At 7.99 it's a mere steal,

It would any day give a run for money to all brands,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
Old 4th March 2012, 00:08   #45
BHPian

Some factors in addition to the goodies in the Cedia is that Cedia, sports a Fully Independant suspension system (Front & Rear), which adds character to her road manners.

Oz alloys are extremely functional. They look the part while being strong enough to take abuse. The best part is you get a set of 5 alloys and not the usual 4 alloys with a spare steel rim.

MOMO steering wheel is a real charm, it is small, slick and enhances the driving feel towards the car.

Cedia does pale to a Civic / Corolla in straight line stability, But once the road gets twisted and bumpy you will begin to appreciate the car more. Ground clearance of 175 mm keeps the under belly protected from monsterous speed brakers as well.

Once you have tasted cars like the Palio 1.6 and Cedia Sports. The only upgrade that would keep you satisfied is a Laura TSI. Until then Cedia would remain a good value for money offering with a perceived poor resale.

My suggestion: Go for the Cedia, only if you are in love with the car (Does not take too much of an effort though). If you plan on giving her up in two years, if may not be a great deal.

Last edited by raajks : 4th March 2012 at 00:12.
raajks is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed