Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2012, 08:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cedia sports price dropped to INR 7,99,000

Is the downward price revision marked as a discount or price reduction (which is supposed to stay permanent), like in Honda City, does anyone has an idea? Also any clues of Bangalore OTR prices, someone known was considering a Vento and with this price they would look at Cedia as well. Now if its a permanent price revision and not just to clear 2010 stocks they might consider picking up a Cedia few months down the line when new stocks come in.

This could also mean if Cedia sells in large number Mitsubishi might consider giving Outlander the same treatment, High hopes i must say .
Old 4th March 2012, 11:38   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
For your "type", its Cedia - no brainer
But power figures does not look too exciting when compared to Vento TDI.
Cedia Sports has 85ps/175nm whereas vento tdi generates 105ps/250nm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Momo and OZ present. No leather seats. 2 Din non-touchscreen HU. Beige interiors.
But the HU pic in the brochure appears to be a touchscreen one with Navigation System?
Old 4th March 2012, 11:47   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
?
When did Cedia come with a 85PS power. Its 110+ if am not wrong. If there is no fuel disparity in India, I would have by now booked a Yellow Cedia Sports as a replacement for Ritz vdi. Cedia is one awesome machine.
Old 4th March 2012, 11:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your info is wrong - Cedia is a 2L engine with 110bhp. Its a petrol, so obviously the torque figures will be lower compared to most diesel Sedans. But its definitely a great car to drive and you wont feel a lack of power.
Old 4th March 2012, 12:08   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Your info is wrong - Cedia is a 2L engine with 110bhp. Its a petrol, so obviously the torque figures will be lower compared to most diesel Sedans. But its definitely a great car to drive and you wont feel a lack of power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
When did Cedia come with a 85PS power. Its 110+ if am not wrong. If there is no fuel disparity in India, I would have by now booked a Yellow Cedia Sports as a replacement for Ritz vdi. Cedia is one awesome machine.
My mistake.. I did not notice the kW against 85. On converting 85kW to ps, it comes to 115ps, which is 10 more than the Vento
Old 4th March 2012, 12:23   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not notice the kW against 85. On converting 85kW to ps, it comes to 115ps, which is 10 more than the Vento
Yes, cedia is 115ps. Please check the link below for more comparisons of cars under 12 lac rupees.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2324856
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 13:04   #52
BHPian

Cedia's 2.0 litre motor is rated at 116 bhp with a useable torque of 175 nm.
The torque that it churns out is the same as the Civic.

It is a capable engine which fulfills you daily needs and the highway drives would leave you happy, But you tend to get bored of the engine very quickly (Atleast, I did)
The engine responds well to mods like headers, a turbo however would be a delight.
Entering the world of non-linear accelaration is pure bliss.

Last edited by raajks : 4th March 2012 at 13:05.
Old 4th March 2012, 13:25   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Pune On Road price - INR 925000.

So, what say? Does anyone have a clue on Mitsubishi After Sales Service at Pune? How does the car age?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

People in pune are quite satisfied with the dealer (J Williams), please search the forum for more.
Agree with Gaurav there. I personally had very good interaction with J Williams while doing the TD.
One of our Pune BHPian Kartho owns a Cedia. This is his Cedia ownership thread. You can PM him to check on J Williams.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...al-report.html
C300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 23:22   #54
Senior - BHPian

The first thought to come to me on reading this news- Time to upgrade from Baleno. ABS, Dual Airbags, MOMO steering, OZ alloys and a very tuner friendly 2 litre motor. What else can be asked for 8 odd lakh rs.?
Old 5th March 2012, 10:28   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attached is the latest brochure. It has MOMO steering and OZ alloys, if we go by the brochure available on the website.

Guys, please advise. I was in the market for Vento TDI Highline. Just came across this today. If it gives me better driving dynamics, performance and handling I can think of switching to it. It also has higher ground clearance of 175mm which is 11mm more than the Vento. Whichever car I buy, Leh Laddakh trip will happen with that baby. Additionally, I have some interest in motorsports and will participate in Autocross and TSD events in near future (Already did one Autocross with my Indica Vista SAFIRE65).

So, what say? Does anyone have a clue on Mitsubishi After Sales Service at Pune? How does the car age?
Hi Aniket,
There are two options in Pune - J Williams and Pethkar motors. Pick the one which is closer to your residence. If you stay closer to HinjeWadi, then go to Pethkar - they have a bigger setup compared to J Williams.
Also J Williams is loaded at times so you need to wait sometimes for a couple of days to get your car back.

The genuine parts are expensive - much more than the prices of Honda or VW in the same segment.
There is not much available in outside market (except in Delhi) in Mumbai/ Pune.
But this won't matter much for you till you have warranty in place.

I just hope that HM has not compromised on the quality of the car while offering it at this price.

The car is well built and there is no sign of cost cutting anywhere (at least in my 2006 Cedia).

BTW: You might have to shell out close to 40K on fuel alone on your trip to Leh/ Ladakh.
Old 5th March 2012, 10:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But the HU pic in the brochure appears to be a touchscreen one with Navigation System?
They still have the old brochures I guess. Heck, I'm yet to see a single advertisement (even from the dealers) about the new price !!!

I went and saw a red specimen in the showroom. Selling for 7.99 ex show. It had a non-touchscreen 2-DIN HU. They said it's the new model. I'll tend to agree since the car arrived for display within the last 10 days (I cross the showroom almost daily).
Old 5th March 2012, 11:57   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Attached is the latest brochure. It has MOMO steering and OZ alloys, if we go by the brochure available on the website.

Guys, please advise. I was in the market for Vento TDI Highline. Just came across this today. If it gives me better driving dynamics, performance and handling I can think of switching to it. It also has higher ground clearance of 175mm which is 11mm more than the Vento. Whichever car I buy, Leh Laddakh trip will happen with that baby. Additionally, I have some interest in motorsports and will participate in Autocross and TSD events in near future (Already did one Autocross with my Indica Vista SAFIRE65).

Are you sure this brochure is updated one as they have not yet updated the price on the web site. What is source of information on price drop? what there any official release from HM? any pointers on that pls.
Old 5th March 2012, 12:03   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Yes, cedia is 115ps. Please check the link below for more comparisons of cars under 12 lac rupees.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2324856
in fact, this xls should be updated with latest pricing of cedia which will bring it in top 5 list of that xls and if you do not bother about resale and remove the criteria about re-sale from that analysis , it might bring Cedia to the top. cheers.
Old 5th March 2012, 12:46   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They still have the old brochures I guess. Heck, I'm yet to see a single advertisement (even from the dealers) about the new price !!!
There was an advertisement 10 days back in TOI or HT in Delhi that your favourite rally car now costs 7.99Lac. My brother saw the advertisement and called me early morning to tell me the same .

Quote:
It had a non-touchscreen 2-DIN HU. They said it's the new model. I'll tend to agree since the car arrived for display within the last 10 days (I cross the showroom almost daily).
Touchscreen, sat nav, leather seats and black interiors are not available in cedia since Jan 2011. Bhpian Mandheers was among the last few who got the car with these features and it was a december 2010 model, which he got registered in Jan.

The instrument cluster also was changed..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2214605

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
in fact, this xls should be updated with latest pricing of cedia which will bring it in top 5 list of that xls and if you do not bother about resale and remove the criteria about re-sale from that analysis , it might bring Cedia to the top. cheers.
Very valid point. It will be a good idea if you just send a quick PM to Bhpian Smartcat to update the thread with this.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 5th March 2012 at 12:53.
Old 5th March 2012, 12:48   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Hi Aniket,
There are two options in Pune - J Williams and Pethkar motors. Pick the one which is closer to your residence. If you stay closer to HinjeWadi, then go to Pethkar - they have a bigger setup compared to J Williams.
Also J Williams is loaded at times so you need to wait sometimes for a couple of days to get your car back.

The genuine parts are expensive - much more than the prices of Honda or VW in the same segment.
There is not much available in outside market (except in Delhi) in Mumbai/ Pune.
But this won't matter much for you till you have warranty in place.

I just hope that HM has not compromised on the quality of the car while offering it at this price.

The car is well built and there is no sign of cost cutting anywhere (at least in my 2006 Cedia).

BTW: You might have to shell out close to 40K on fuel alone on your trip to Leh/ Ladakh.

Quote:

I went and saw a red specimen in the showroom. Selling for 7.99 ex show. It had a non-touchscreen 2-DIN HU. They said it's the new model. I'll tend to agree since the car arrived for display within the last 10 days (I cross the showroom almost daily).
Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Are you sure this brochure is updated one as they have not yet updated the price on the web site. What is source of information on price drop? what there any official release from HM? any pointers on that pls.
Yesterday morning while browsing through the Mitsubishi website came across a cell number of some Mr.Sandeep from Pethkar. Called him to enquire about the car and check if they were open on Sunday's. To my surprise, he offered to open up the showroom if I was willing to visit his Mumbai Pune Highway showroom, even though it was Sunday yesterday and it was a weekly off for them. I accepted his offer. He provided me an alternate number of Mr.Abhijeet who would attend me at the showroom. Within 15mins of this call, I received a call from Abhijit mentioning he has arranged a Test Drive Cedia Sports. I was happy. Sunday was made!!

Coming to the TD.

First Impression:
There was a Red Cedia Sports on Display. It looked amazing with those OZ alloys with Bridgestone Potenza tyres and rear spoilers. Touch screen Navigation System with Bluetooth and Leather Seats have been given a miss in the new model. The brochure on their website is old. Even the dealer did not have the latest one.. Current models come fitted with a Kenwood 2 Din HU is provided with USB/Aux and fabric seats. Interiors looked fairly well put together. Fit and Finish was good. Doors close with a thud and feel sturdy. All 4 doors have soft touch fabric inserts in beige which will definitely be a dirt magnet. Rear leg space was found to be more than Vento but lacked under thigh support. I am 5'9 and my cousin is 6'1. With my comfortable driving position he had better legroom than Vento.

Low on Gadgets. Gives the basic and important stuff but of good quality. No MFD. No Display for ACC. Just rotary controls. Only Driver gets one touch auto down feature for power windows.

Coming to the drive:

A black Cedia Sports was arranged for the TD. Missed to check the reading on the ODO but it has MH12HN registration which means car was not more than 4-5months old. We hit the expressway and it was sheer fun to drive. Power delivery is linear and car does not give you the feeling of being pushed back at your seat. Very good NVH levels. Car feels extremely planted at high three digit speed. The engine loves to be revved. 4th gear is the most fun to drive. Even while running at 6000rpm, cabin was very silent and had negligible tyre/engine noise inside the cabin. Though the AC is a little noisy.

Tried some twisties and lane changes and it was a breeze. The car feels planted and is very confidence inspiring. When I started the drive, I did not even realize when I touched 120kmph. Turning radius is short and U turns are easy.

Overall excellent fun to drive car.

It is offered at 9.20L On road at Pune with exshowroom at 7.99L. No Offers/Corporate Discount. Any color can be arranged in 10-15days.

Am yet to visit J.Williams to check out their service and attitude but assume them to be good as per the posts I read in this thread.

I am unable to decide between Vento TDI Highline and Cedia Sports.
Heart Says - go for Cedia. Its uncommon, fun to drive, has better GC, offers 10ps and little more space than Vento
Mind Says - go for Vento. Its Deisel, more mileage, its premium, Cabin feels better, lower running cost, better resale value and offer 75Nm more torque as against 175 of Cedia (my Vista runs on only 96Nm). Cedia will make Petrol bills roaring high, will depreciate say 40-50% within a year.

Kya Karein Kya na karein ye kaisi mushkil haiii.. koi to batade iska hal o mere bhai..

Last edited by GTO : 8th March 2012 at 16:58. Reason: The Team-BHP protocol prohibits mention of over-speeding on public roads!
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed