Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2006, 21:10   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Wow...ghostrider, I hope the mods don't edit your post!
Haha... why do you say that? I have respected and obeyed all the rules a member has to follow, did'nt use any explicit language, haven't used any smilies, but have still put forth my views (as strongly as I could) without (hopefully!) offending anyone other than carcrazy2. Well, hopefully he reads this. He needs to understand that we are not fools here to go by and believe the nonsense he says in order to change our veiws about the ad.

But shiva... do you believe what I have said is true or not? You have forgotten to mention that.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 2nd April 2006, 21:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

http://www.exchange4media.com/e4m/ne...0269&tag=14996

After nearly two weeks of intriguing viewers with a teaser campaign, the commercial for Chevrolet Aveo, the latest car from the GM stable to be launched in India, breaks on air on March 17 on all mass channels. Created by McCann Erickson, the TVC brings together the Hum Tum pair of Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukherjee.

The TVC opens with Khan and Mukherjee being taken on a test ride of Aveo after giving a shot. They go on to naturally praise the smoothness of the car and are amazed at the vehicle's performance. All of a sudden the two actors ask each other about their individual performance at the just concluded shoot and realise that their act wasn't as good as the car's and they decide to go back to the director and ask him for a re-take.

"The creative strategy was very clear as we knew that Aveo is the car that will redefine the way you look at performance. The advertisement is actually based on the insight, which is that when you look at a great performance, suddenly there is a feeling that your performance wasn't good enough. Thus, with the commercial we wanted to build a premise to challenge your performance for which the ad film sets up a background," explained Prasoon Joshi, National Creative Director, McCann Erickson.

Joshi added, "This film actually is a hyperbole. Human psyche is to always look great and not just look good, cook extremely delicious food and not just ok food, etc. This commercial is also based on the same human psyche, where just being good is not good enough. Since this is a launch commercial, we did not want to go overboard. This ad has turned out quite well and actually resonates with people. We will definitely take this though forward in the next commercials when we launch. Right now we have established the brand theme."

The commercial will see a 360 degree launch with television, radio, Internet, and outdoor to drive home the message. Citing competitive reasons, Ankush Arora, Vice-President, Sales and Marketing, General Motors India, said, "Tough we cannot divulge the marketing spends on the brand, given the canvas and the scale at which we are communicating about the brand, the spends will be significant."

Aveo is pitted against the likes of Honda City ZX and Ford Fiesta with its pricing of Rs 5.64 lakh upwards. General Motors India expects to sell at least 20,000 units of Aveo in the first year of the launch. "Chevrolet has emerged as a driving force of India's automotive industry. India, in turn, is on the road to becoming an important engine of global growth for the Chevrolet brand. We look forward to continue building on the brand's success nationwide through exciting new products like the Aveo," said Rajeev Chaba, President and Managing Director, General Motors. The Aveo is the first of three new Chevrolet products debuting in the first six months of 2006. It will be joined by the Aveo U-VA and Optra SRV as part of the largest expansion of GM India's vehicle line-up.

Last edited by Mpower : 2nd April 2006 at 21:18.
Old 2nd April 2006, 21:50   #48
BHPian

Mpower, I totally agree with what Prasoon was trying to put forward, but then ultimately at the end of the day, does'nt it all boil down to how the TA perceives the ad, and not the ad maker? He might be trying to say something, but it might be interpreted as something altogether different for the viewer. I might be biased in my views, but then, after asking the people around me, even they tend to agree that the teaser isn't attractive or exciting enough. It did not really pip their curiosity the way an ad should. They change the channel when the ad is aired, they don't remember any endearing feature of the ad, and most of them didnt even know what the ad was trying to say. Most of them don't even remember the name of the car, so there itself goes the brand-building/brand recognition strategy for a toss!

Well, all there are my personal opinions, so not everybody have to agree with it.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 3rd April 2006, 01:30   #49
BANNED

Man that's just a load of bull McCann's managed to sell to GM. Their creative rationale seems to be more creative than the ad itself.

Maybe they should show this article before they air the ad everytime, so the rest us "get it" and don't get put off every time it insults our senses.
Old 3rd April 2006, 13:22   #50
BHPian

No offense to anybody.... But wht I understood from the ad was that what others talk about comparing the vehicle with the others. And this is the end to it.. The ad does make sense to people as the AD is conveying its message "good is no longer good enough"... they made it realise the fact that the benchmark needs to be raised.... (now I just mean it with the ad and not the reality)...

And lastly everybody has there own ideas and thoughts. Respecting them and discussing is the solution and not back firing ! ! !
Old 3rd April 2006, 14:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_sizzlers
And lastly everybody has there own ideas and thoughts. Respecting them and discussing is the solution and not back firing ! ! !
eh... my "back fires" are almost always an effect of what i eat... not the ideas i discuss... though sometimes i do use the audio effects of those backfires to illustrate my opinion about someone else's view.

Anyways, people find it a bad ad and thats what its gonna stay as... no amount of explainations or justifications are gonna change that.

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 6th April 2006, 13:00   #52
BHPian

Yeah..... if wht one feels is correct and no justifications reqd. ... then just keep it alone... why reply......
Old 6th April 2006, 14:07   #53
BHPian

Seems Aveo got only 2 stars in NCAP!!! :-(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks