Team-BHP - BMW Driver Training programme introduced in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BMW Driver Training programme introduced in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/116850-bmw-driver-training-programme-introduced-india.html)

The training programme intends to improve the driving skills, handling, reaction time and awareness. The programme is designed to help customers to overcome potential hazards in day-to-day driving. Instructors take the customers through various driving techniques starting from basics such as the correct seating position and steering wheel posture to the appropriate steering technique, avoidance manoeuvres, emergency and target braking, dynamic lane changes and deliberately induced understeering or oversteering on bends. The programme focuses on the challenges posed everyday on the road. It aims to help the driver retain composure and remain clear headed, as well as apply the knowledge in critical situations.

BMW Driver Training programme introduced in India-1bmw-driver-training-1.jpg

BMW Driver Training programme introduced in India-2bmw-driver-training-2.jpg

I hope dodging cyclists (riding on the wrong side of the highway in the dark) and overloaded tractors is part of the curriculum. Emergency braking techniques when you spot an unmarked speed breaker is a must too, especially when you are followed by a bus who might not have such good brakes.

But seriously, do these driving training programs help? All those cones, smooth roads and an instructor sitting next to you makes the experience a bit sterile. I wonder whatever is being taught there can be applied under real world conditions.

In my opinion, racking up miles on the odo - basically driving experience - is the best teacher. Experience teaches you everything, including what to do when your car understeers in the bends.

Nice marketing initiative though! And it would definitely be fun dodging cones in a 3 series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalsa777 (Post 2701439)
  • BMW India has introduced the BMW Driver Training programme for BMW customers and prospects.
  • Initially, it will be conducted in Delhi NCR and Chennai from February to March 2012.

Jalsa, can we know about the exact dates for this programme?

Also, is it open to only BMW customers and prospects ? Can outsiders / enthusiasts also participate? Is there any fees?

Thanks.

Spike

Chennai event is this weekend at the MMST Track in Sriperumbudur. Booked!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR (Post 2701589)
[/list]is it open to only BMW customers and prospects ? Can outsiders / enthusiasts also participate? Is there any fees?

Thanks.

Spike

I would like to know this as well. Anyone has the answer?

This program is open to current and prospective owners only, according to the dealer in chennai.

Anyone can be a 'prospective owner' right? :-)

Wish they would do this in Bangalore, would love to attend.

I hope BMW extends this driving program to outsiders / enthusiasts as well. Such programs does help in the joy of driving :)

-Sajan

Currently, the programme is only being offered in Delhi & Chennai, due to the availability of appropriate venues (Race Tracks).

It should be quite easy to convince BMW dealers that you are a prospective owner, right?

Sid P (Car and bike fame) has just tweeted asking chennai fans to respond if they wish to participate. Do tweet to him if you are interested. However i figure it is already sold-out now since he tweeted yesterday night.

Guess what guys! i have got an email from Sid asking for my contact number based on my tweet responce for the BMW training program!

I hope i get called since it gives me an oppurtunity to meet Sid in person and have fun driving BMW cars!

Fingers crossed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilanjanray (Post 2713310)
Anyone can be a 'prospective owner' right? :-)

Very True. You could start by going to their showroom and make detailed enquiries about a product. Then you will be a 'prospective customer'.

I did get invited guys! :Cheering:

Waiting for Saturday to drive as many new BMW's in the chennai race track! hoping to pick up some pointers too on safe driving!

Also hoping Sid Patankar is there as well!