Team-BHP - Indica Xeta/Suzuki swift/hyundai getz/palio sports
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Indica Xeta/Suzuki swift/hyundai getz/palio sports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11715-indica-xeta-suzuki-swift-hyundai-getz-palio-sports.html)

The premium hatches have eaten up both hatchback and entry c segment sedan market. they are spacious but easy to drive in the city but which makes for the best hatchback from these

1) Indica Xeta- the most spacious and VFM. still looks good.
2) Suzuki swift- the high end VFm with latest gizmos
3) hyundai getz- Comfortable & good looking with a better engine than indica
4) fiat palio- The best engine and build. Indias hot ultimate hot hatch.

but they have their own let downs

1)Indica Xeta- unrefined and weakest engine.
2) Suzuki Swift- confused styling, heavy, mediocre comfort niggling problems
3) Hyundai getz- getz beaten by competition in almost all respects.
4) Fiat palio- looses out on extras like abs/airbags and old interiors

remember power is not everything.

Palio has two choices...1.2 and 1.6

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
Palio has two choices...1.2 and 1.6

Moderators please add palio 1.2 as a different option as it has major differences than palio 1.6.

I just noticed INDICA XETA has more torque than INDIGO

Palio is my hatchback. My next hatchback would be Palio unless VW Golf is here in India at my price...

I have not driven the swift or palio. So I voted for the Getz as it is a very comfortable and spacious car. Great gearshift, refinement, space looks. Bets the indica petrol hands down(the old petrol with 75bhp engine atleast!).
But Xeta scores in price. Its such an amazing value for money package!
But at 3.99 lakh if I had to choose, it would be the Getz. Have driven it from expressways to city to hills to snow!

I think being the latest design and the new kid on the block my vote would be for the SWIFT! Sitting in a swift u feel superior to all competition ;) and thats not just coz of that Climate control. well this is unless the "NEW" palio comes out with that 1.6L engine or something better then i'd like to revote

Though other cars in the poll are good, but cannot be compared to palio 1.6 sport, its a class apart. period.
The ride quality of palio will make u forget the percieved *** of fiat. But, now, with TATA backing, ths *** can be comparable with the competitors.

only the getz actually gives you the feeling of riding in a sedan in all respects - decent engine, loads of space, easy to drive, verrrry refined and stable at all speeds. one could say it does everything fairly good, though maybe nothing best in class, except for the space and comfort.

others lose out on
swift - absolutely no space inside - even a santro beats it here !!
xeta - no refinement in the engine - fit and finish still a big issue
palio - harsh ride, bad FE, mammoth to drive in the city, meagre space and nothing to say about Fiats rep and A/SS ... the engine and the build may be the only good thing about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
only the getz actually gives you the feeling of riding in a sedan in all respects - decent engine, loads of space, easy to drive, verrrry refined and stable at all speeds.

I would say Swift is more stable than Getz at high speeds.

Quote:

Space IS an issue with Swift, but except for the boot, its more spacious than Santro,WagonR and Zen.

Quote:

palio - harsh ride

Are you sure about this??.. I have travelled extensively in Palio 1.2, and Ride quality is nothing short of a Dream come true!.. (best in A/B segment, Indica comes a close second)

It has to be the Palio Sports for me. Nothing beats this car in the segment only if people were more aware of it.

Second would be the Swift, followed by the Getz with the Indica a close fourth.

With TATA providing support to fiat, Fiat 1.6 sports is a hot choice.

Quote:

only the getz actually gives you the feeling of riding in a sedan in all respects - decent engine, loads of space, easy to drive, verrrry refined and stable at all speeds. one could say it does everything fairly good, though maybe nothing best in class, except for the space and comfort.

others lose out on
xeta - no refinement in the engine - fit and finish still a big issue
palio - harsh ride, bad FE, mammoth to drive in the city, meagre space and nothing to say about Fiats rep and A/SS ... the engine and the build may be the only good thing about it.

Certainly you have grudge against FIAT-Palio :-(

Did you bought a FIAT-UNO and get affected heavily because of it or you have some other problem? Because what ever said is not true?

Palio - Harsh Ride ??lol:
Sports model comes with sporty suspension !!!. Palio 1.2 gives very smooth ride and its has best in class suspension.

Bad FE: 1000+ kg vehicle will give 14 kmpl in City? There is a vehicle available for that..that is called as Maruthi 800.
In my Palio I am getting 10 kmpl in city and 16-18 in Highway. Is it bad FE? Not only me almost everyone in PUG@yahoo gets similar FE!!
Mammoth to drive in city- Is Palio is mammoth ..what do you say for Ikon or Corollo? Have you ever driven Palio ? Do you heard anything about handling?
Mearge Space - Joke of the decade . This shows you never seen a Palio.
Bad *** - Agreed Agreed!!. ...Deleted.... My Palio met a accident. Total expense is 40K. I got my vehicle back in 15 days without any niggling problems. Sapres were readily available. TATA-FIAT alliance is a reality now. ...Deleted....

Please don\'t make personal comments, also stick to one smiley per post - Mod Team

Palio and Indica have diesel options also, which should be listed separately.

Palio diesel is pretty nice, except the engine is a heavy 1.9 litre, which affects the high speed handling and braking a bit. Drove it to Goa and back and it was pretty comfortable for a hatch. Getting service in Goa was a problem in Jan, but now I guess it\'ll be better with TATA-Fiat.

Guys Guys,

Just chill dont start another Pro-Fiat / Anti Fiat rally out here.

Rightly said Prasanna! I guess Goldie has never driven a Palio!