Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2012, 09:52   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77
I just noticed in one of the pictures that the rear lights are taken from the VW Bug! Haha..
So its a Morris+Bug+Maruti hybrid
And the headlamps are from Mini Cooper!!!!!!
Old 15th March 2012, 12:50   #17
BHPian

Re: Morris Street : A Customised Street Rod, made in Delhi

I love the retro looks of the car. Just two queries do we have a diesel engine as an option for the same and "Kitna Deti Hai" (What's the mileage?)
Old 16th March 2012, 10:06   #18
BHPian

Not of my taste from any angle, If i was suppose to spend 2.5 crores, I would rather get in touch with Chip Foose or Westside customs who in my opinion got a way better taste and get it imported.

I really wonder how much this would fly.

I think a better photographer would also help their creation look better.
Old 16th March 2012, 10:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Whether this sells or not, whether this really drives as good as it looks or not, the point really is that someone out there went ahead and thought this was a great thing to build. Maybe a hobbyist or a professional, it just goes to show that there are people amongst us who are willing to apply their knowledge and spend some money to start their dream ventures beyond the known. Kudos to the team!
And thanks GTO for featuring it on t-bhp. I'm sure, as and when there are numbers, these guys will improve cause i already spot a pretty professional product to begin with.
Old 16th March 2012, 11:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Two point seven crores. OUCHH.
That might be the cost of their entire investment.. not the car in the pics!!
While it is a commendable job, it surely doesnt look worth more than umm 15 lakhs at best.
Old 16th March 2012, 20:25   #21
BHPian

Though the experts here have pointed out many grouses, I am OK with the overall design. What bothers me is the engine's power output. While 90Bhp maybe adequate, shouldn't a car that costs 10Lakhs to 2.7Crores give you something like 120-200Bhp?
Old 18th March 2012, 23:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Is it street legal? Have they taken an RTO certification? 2.7 crore, no way mate. I wonder why they made it in the first place? Hand made, I feel Morgan is way better.
Old 19th March 2012, 12:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

I remember that a long time back, Rishi Kumar (of Calcutta) attempted and completed a "hot-rod" project based on the Morris Minor. The vehicle had a souped up engine, wider tracks , front discs, was lowered and had looks to die for. He fondly nicknamed it the MORSCHE (an amalgamation of Porsche & Morris).
It used to be parked opposite India Hobby Centre located on Russel Street in Calcutta.
Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures to post. Can any T-Bhp'ians from Kolkata help?
Old 19th March 2012, 12:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

IMHO this car is ugly, is a fusion between a Morris and some modernisation. I wonder how much of it is fibreglass. There is a Hindustan/Morris Oxford in Goa on similar lines and somehow look more successsful. If such an effort was made, it may have made more sense to select a more appropriate model for rodding, like a Ford A. And how does the Maruti engine make it a hot rod?
Having said this, the effort is noteworthy, shows that there is interest in such activities and these should be encouraged. Registration can be a problem, RTO authorities need to be flexible, maybe some rules need changing. On TV I saw a helicopter converted into a drivable machine, and a cop inspected it and allowed a registration to be put. That may be extreme, but hot rodding should be permitted encouraged as a hobby.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 12:58   #25
BHPian

Good effort. but somehow, it doesn't seem pure to me. the modern bits seem to be too modern and are clashing with the retro aspect. for example, it would have looked better with retro head/tail lamps in place of the modern clear lens units. plus there is too much vertical mass. plus i'd rather have wire wheels shod with low pro rubber instead of those alloys. plus some rawness would bring some character in, as it looks too polished right now.
Old 13th July 2012, 13:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

An interesting article i came across on FB.

The article claims that the price is set at 15Crs. I dont know it its a typo and should be 1.5 crs.

Hradyesh brings Hot Rod for Rs.15 crores: India's only Hot Rod, Street Rod and Custom Car Manufacturer

Hradyesh has revealed that he will be completing an exclusive 600 bhp hot rod for a client. This supercharged hot rod will be worth an astounding Rs.15 crores once it is completed.

Source :
Hradyesh brings Hot Rod for Rs.15 crores: India's only Hot Rod, Street Rod and Custom Car Manufacturer | Rush Lane

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 13th July 2012 at 13:44.
Old 22nd July 2012, 18:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

There are lot of things that need to be corrected on this car. I sincerely hope that the creator of this Car is reading the comments. And then the price is too steep for the kind of mechanicals and cosmetics.

But in an all, I like this cause some one has taken the step to bring in a Street Rod Culture in India.

By the way how the creators are getting the car registered?? Have they sent the model to ARAI for type approval??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks