Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2013, 23:24   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors AMC: Reviews

Tata Motors has had AMC Packages since a long time and the service is called Value Care.

There are three types of Value Care Packages:
1. Silver: Covers scheduled service fluids/parts. Very limited and has little benefit.
2. Gold: Covers all parts in the vehicle except tyres and battery. Includes wheel alignment, balancing and most parts not covered under standard warranty. This is the best package as it gives optimum peace of mind. No worries just fill it and forget it!
3. Platinum: Everything on Gold + Tyres and Batteries.

Note: Gold & Platinum packages require customer to purchase Extended Warranty mandatorily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
I dont think it is a secret, just that they dont push for it much. (Ultimately the dealer/service station is losing out in some margins I believe).
Actually, it is a win-win situation for Dealer. They are reimbursed at very good price for parts and are also paid labour by company. So, they earn and don't even have to haggle with customers on the bill.

So, why hasn't it really kicked off? Marketing. Tata hasn't been very aggressive in marketing value care programs unlike chevrolet.

Also, the calculations for each package can become cumbersome as they are based on age of vehicle, kms covered, type of program required, duration required and kilometres required. This makes most SAs and SEs shy away from recommending these programs...
akhilesh51 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 15:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Tata Motors has had AMC Packages since a long time and the service is called Value Care.

There are three types of Value Care Packages:
1. Silver: Covers scheduled service fluids/parts. Very limited and has little benefit.
2. Gold: Covers all parts in the vehicle except tyres and battery. Includes wheel alignment, balancing and most parts not covered under standard warranty. This is the best package as it gives optimum peace of mind. No worries just fill it and forget it!
3. Platinum: Everything on Gold + Tyres and Batteries.

Note: Gold & Platinum packages require customer to purchase Extended Warranty mandatorily.

Actually, it is a win-win situation for Dealer. They are reimbursed at very good price for parts and are also paid labour by company. So, they earn and don't even have to haggle with customers on the bill.

So, why hasn't it really kicked off? Marketing. Tata hasn't been very aggressive in marketing value care programs unlike chevrolet.

Also, the calculations for each package can become cumbersome as they are based on age of vehicle, kms covered, type of program required, duration required and kilometres required. This makes most SAs and SEs shy away from recommending these programs...
We had opted for the Platinum option with the nano of my father. After installation of the mandatory safety package the car started developing snag after snag. Thanks to the Platinum package we didn't have to pay for the consumables too, while TASS personnel took the pain of bringing the car from my father's home town 100 km away, at least thrice. The frequent snags were unnerving till those were finally sorted out but the warranty+platinum package managed to make us keep our cool. The nano is doing fine now. The platinum package had expired last September.

Coming to why Tata is not being aggressive with these packages, my take is that even if 10% of the customers have to be given service to the level that I had got, the package will be a loss making proposition.
Old 8th January 2013, 15:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Coming to why Tata is not being aggressive with these packages, my take is that even if 10% of the customers have to be given service to the level that I had got, the package will be a loss making proposition.
Not Really. The car you bought was anew vehicle and covered under 4Yr/60,000Km Warranty and the services you got were largely a part of the warranty schedule of the company. Tata is one of the best companies (Yes, really!) when it comes to providing services under warranty.

The additional benefit you got on account of Value care was the waiver of consumable charges which would not have otherwise been covered under warranty. This charge is minuscule against the amount Tata bore for warranty replacements and services.

I must reiterate that AMC packages are a win-win situation for all parties in this case as follows:

Customer:
  1. Complete Piece of Mind
  2. No Haggling over workshop Bills
  3. Chauffers/Drivers cannot try unscrupulous tactics
  4. Vehicle is always serviced at Authorised TASC
  5. Vehicle Maintainence Bills are constant/one-time. No danger of overshooting monthly budgets.
  6. Vehicle is always in good condition as there is no need to cringe when replacing parts

TASC:
  1. More service inflow as higher customer retention.
  2. TML reimbursement at competitive labour/part rates
  3. Better upkeep of vehicle means good customer-dealer relations.
  4. One happy customer leads to three new customer. Business sense.

TML
  1. Customer Service Retention. Less customers move to local workshops for cheaper parts.
  2. Higher Customer Satisfaction.
  3. Well maintained vehicles mean less failures which in turn is great especially in case of TML where service perception is low.
  4. Low maintainence cost for customer makes TML vehicles Value for money thereby providing competitive edge.
  5. Happy Customer = Better Word of Mouth = More Sales = More Service Volume = Business Profit

In case of many other companies, The reimbursement for services provided is very low as compared to services provided to Non-AMC customer disconcerting dealers and hence making AMC non-viable but Tata has managed this aspect also very well.

Last edited by akhilesh51 : 8th January 2013 at 15:39.
akhilesh51 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 10:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors Annual-Maintenance-Contract: Reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
good info Rahul
Do you also have terms and conditions as what is covered, and what is not covered?
Here is snapshot of the booklet. Hope this helps...
Tata Motors Annual-Maintenance-Contract: Reviews?-scheduled_list_1.jpg
Old 9th January 2013, 11:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L technical/Other problems/solutions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Contract means the number of KMs / services / years you are buying.
Range is the KMs your vehicle is in. eg mine is 50-60k current ODO read range.
The excel sheet posted by you mentions the rate for which AMC plan- silver/gold/platinum or is it something different altogether?

Is this AMC portable across different dealers/TASC. Do I have to service at the AMC selling dealer only?

tia,
-BJ
Old 9th January 2013, 11:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L technical/Other problems/solutions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
The excel sheet posted by you mentions the rate for which AMC plan- silver/gold/platinum or is it something different altogether?
Silver

Quote:
Is this AMC portable across different dealers/TASC.
PAN India, you are buying this from TML. Valid across all Authorized workshops when you walk in for scheduled service.AFAIK

Quote:

Do I have to service at the AMC selling dealer only?

tia,
-BJ
No
Rahulk76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 19:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Here is snapshot of the booklet. Hope this helps...
Attachment 1035838
Thanks!
Sorry its little OT

I notice in the snapshot engine oil is changed every 15K have Tata started using synthetic oil in Safari Dicor or the mineral oil last 15K?

Last edited by arvindmanju : 17th January 2013 at 19:25.
Old 17th January 2013, 19:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Here's what they have for the Storme:

SILVER (50,000 km/4 years)

Rs. 16,055/-

First 5 services free (labour + consumables)
- Labour
- Engine Oil
- Oil Filter
- Fuel (Diesel) Filter
- Wheel Alignment
- Wheel Balancing (weights not included in any of 3 AMC's)
- Brake Oil
- Coolant
- Timing Belt replacement at 1,00,000 (Labour only)

GOLD (50,000 km/4 years)

Rs. 38,764/-

Pre-requirements to avail of Gold AMC -

- Extended Warranty (Rs. 7,850/-)
- Has to be taken before 10,000 kms.

Includes everything available with Silver AMC +

All-India 24x7 RSA +

Wear & Tear Parts (not covered under Ext. Warranty)
- Brake Pads
- Clutch Assy.
- Suspension Parts
- A/C Gas
- Mirrors (ORVM and IRVM)
- Caliper Kit
- Drive Belt
- Wiper Blade Kit

Things not included -
- Tyres
- Battery
- Accident (Body Repairs)
- Fuel

PLATINUM (50,000 km/4 years)

Rs. 60,235/-

Includes everything available with Gold AMC +

- Tyres
- Battery

Things not included -
- Acident (Body Repairs)
- Fuel

NOTE: I asked them whether we could simply avail of all the parts allowed under the respective AMC's (if not already availed of) just before the AMC were to run out.

The answer is - replacement of all parts, as with cases and coverage under Extended Warranty, depends on the decision of the Warranty/AMC team of Tata Motors.

Hmmmmmm .........
Old 1st February 2013, 22:31   #24
BHPian

Will it be aplicable for old Safari's also. My GX is 2011 model and in last month of warranty. I do have extended warranty so you guys think it will make sense to take the AMC? My GX has done 40k in 2 years.

-Ijeet
Old 1st February 2013, 22:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Will it be aplicable for old Safari's also. My GX is 2011 model and in last month of warranty. I do have extended warranty so you guys think it will make sense to take the AMC? My GX has done 40k in 2 years.

-Ijeet
Yes it applicable to my 09 safari. So it will be applicable to you also.
Old 1st February 2013, 22:40   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Yes it applicable to my 09 safari. So it will be applicable to you also.
Thanks Rahul, Gold seems like complete peace of mind. Need to check with dealer for exact pricing.

Ijeet
Old 1st February 2013, 22:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post

Thanks Rahul, Gold seems like complete peace of mind. Need to check with dealer for exact pricing.

Ijeet
Read gold only applicable to <10k vehicles. You will fall under silver plan
Old 1st February 2013, 23:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Would they be available for out of warranty cars? For example my 60K Km/6 year old indica?
Old 1st February 2013, 23:45   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Here's what they have for the Storme:...
PLATINUM (50,000 km/4 years)

Rs. 60,235/-

Includes everything available with Gold AMC +

- Tyres
- Battery

So tyres are replaced once it wears out? What is the mileage at which they will be ready to do it? What happens if we happen to wear out the tyres before the mentioned time?

Looks like this is a steal @ 60K if we get a 5 tyre replacement. That alone would add upto 50K I guess.
Old 5th February 2013, 12:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So tyres are replaced once it wears out? What is the mileage at which they will be ready to do it? What happens if we happen to wear out the tyres before the mentioned time?

Looks like this is a steal @ 60K if we get a 5 tyre replacement. That alone would add upto 50K I guess.
Yes, that's the idea - i.e. tyres will be replaced if they wear out or develop some issue during that time.

The only hitch is that it is at the discretion of the Tata Warranty assessment team. So its not a given, though to be fair Tata's have one of the best reputations of honoring most warranty claims without to musch hassle.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed