Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2012, 18:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors Annual-Maintenance-Contract: Reviews?

I was told by a classmate who had worked at TMC that they had this AMC option, but it was a bit of a well kept secret. I had bought it up with my service advisor, and he said he would look into it , then said yes, then denied it saying that it was for the nano only, and today someone else at the service center checking my service history told me that i was eligible for a 2 year/20k Km AMC for 7k. I was told it includes everything except the tyres.

Looks like a good deal to me. But I think I'll get it from chennai instead. Has anyone tried this? Looks like a good way to escape TASC's trying to rip you off.
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 19:17   #2
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors AMC: Reviews

Excellent! is all I can say. I had got this as free when I bought the car. In the past two years I have not spent a single penny on servicing the car till date (38K kms).

You will get a set of coupons which you can use when you go for the regular services. All consumables are free (Air filter, oil filer, fuel filter, Oil, PS fluid, brake fluid etc).

Just check what all is covered. Mine apparently covers everything except tyres and battery.
torquecurve is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 22:53   #3
BHPian

Other the chevrolet does any other manufacturer provide AMC?
Old 13th March 2012, 09:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Other the chevrolet does any other manufacturer provide AMC?
Hyundai does provide AMC but it was mostly from the dealer side. I used to have the AMC for my Santro but it was mostly for the regular engine related checks.
Old 13th March 2012, 09:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Excellent! is all I can say. I had got this as free when I bought the car. In the past two years I have not spent a single penny on servicing the car till date (38K kms).

You will get a set of coupons which you can use when you go for the regular services. All consumables are free (Air filter, oil filer, fuel filter, Oil, PS fluid, brake fluid etc).

Just check what all is covered. Mine apparently covers everything except tyres and battery.
Interesting! Never heard of it! Now another thing to bargain for when buying a new car (I have the old safari in mind)
Old 13th March 2012, 10:31   #6
BHPian

I suppose that such offers are given by dealers. I heard of similar offer from Hallmark Honda, Thane. I did not opt for it since there was not much savings in the offer.
Old 13th March 2012, 11:21   #7
Team-BHP Support

But why has this been a secret? Something like only for TM employees and/or those who know about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post

What was the time/kms interval for which you had the AMC? How much did you end up saving?
Old 13th March 2012, 13:59   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Interesting! Never heard of it! Now another thing to bargain for when buying a new car (I have the old safari in mind)
I didnt even know it was given to us! I thought it to be because we bought the Aura (the top spec version at that time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I suppose that such offers are given by dealers. I heard of similar offer from Hallmark Honda, Thane. I did not opt for it since there was not much savings in the offer.
It is good to read through what is on offer. For example in the TMS Platinum AMC, Tyres, Battery, Clutch plate, rubber parts etc are all covererd. And it is your choice to change it (after a certain number of kms).

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
But why has this been a secret? Something like only for TM employees and/or those who know about it?

What was the time/kms interval for which you had the AMC? How much did you end up saving?
I dont think it is a secret, just that they dont push for it much. (Ultimately the dealer/service station is losing out in some margins I believe).

I have coupons till about 80K kms. Till date I havent paid a single ruppee for service (ok, I paid 15 bucks for a lamp which had blown but thats it). It even covers spark plug replacement and stuff (everything except battery and tyres!). I am mighty pleased!
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 14:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L technical/Other problems/solutions Thread

All:

Tata Motors has come out with AMC for Tata Vehicles and is being offered to all customers. Apparently the education around this is very little and for other unknown reasons.

I got this quote from Concorde Motors Pune for my Safari 2.2 in which the service consumables are covered by this.

Tata Motors Annual-Maintenance-Contract: Reviews?-2.2-amc.png

Hope this helps other BHPian's.Thats not all..its applicable to other Tata Motors vehicles as well.
Tata Motors Dealers have more details about it.

MODS: This is not marketing of any kind but a information shared across so that interested Tata vehicles owners could benefit from it.

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 7th January 2013 at 15:02.
Rahulk76 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 15:56   #10
Team-BHP Support

good info Rahul
Do you also have terms and conditions as what is covered, and what is not covered?
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 17:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
good info Rahul
Do you also have terms and conditions as what is covered, and what is not covered?
Hi

The one which i have been quoted is Silver. The newer vehicles could get gold or platinum based on the mileage they have crossed.

Details for Scope of Coverage: http://www.concordemotors.com/AMCSco...ceDetails.aspx

1. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-reviews.html

2. http://www.concordemotors.com/AMC4Service1.aspx

I have asked for the things covered in a pdf file from them so lets see when i get hands on it. But based on my limited calculations, its a cheaper option as ppl who have got the 60k/75k/90k/105k servicing done would know.

However everything which is in scheduled service (incl consumables and labour) is covered.

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 7th January 2013 at 17:09.
Old 7th January 2013, 17:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors Annual-Maintenance-Contract: Reviews?

Some more information regarding this is now available @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3009085
Old 7th January 2013, 19:49   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Tata Motors has come out with AMC for Tata Vehicles and is being offered to all customers. Apparently the education around this is very little and for other unknown reasons.
How does AMC relate with extended warranty? Is it to be taken after the warranty expires?
Old 7th January 2013, 20:10   #14
BHPian

So can I take this AMC after my extended warranty expires or should it be done before? My case is that my extended warranty expires in AUG 2013 and I will have covered aroung 35-40K kms. by that time. I do not understand the column "contract kms"or column C and the actual kms covered range in the chart so can someone help me understand it?

Also what else is covered in this AMC, is it only regular maintenance/labour costs according to the booklet or does this also include other breakdown repairs which can occur suddenly?

Last edited by richie4u : 7th January 2013 at 20:12.
Old 7th January 2013, 20:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
How does AMC relate with extended warranty? Is it to be taken after the warranty expires?
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
So can I take this AMC after my extended warranty expires or should it be done before? My case is that my extended warranty expires in AUG 2013 and I will have covered aroung 35-40K kms. by that time. I do not understand the column "contract kms"or column C and the actual kms covered range in the chart so can someone help me understand it?

Also what else is covered in this AMC, is it only regular maintenance/labour costs according to the booklet or does this also include other breakdown repairs which can occur suddenly?

"it is only regular maintenance/labour costs according to the booklet "

Contract means the number of KMs / services / years you are buying.
Range is the KMs your vehicle is in. eg mine is 50-60k current ODO read range.

AMC covers the scheduled service activity which is supposed to be carried out at designated intervals like 15k -30k -45 k etc.

Now whatever parts are a part of scheduled service + labour (Oils, Filters, & Service jobs like check up & adjustment) are covered in that.

"Replace if necessary" is the catch here.. eg. i believe its not covered.

"Change" is covered (oil/oil filter/ fuel filter) (need to check the fine print on the document)

Now the funny part is that it doesnt mention if the vehicle is out of warranty it cannot avail the AMC. Needs to be checked. Will strongly suggest that please check the fine print from your respective dealers ! (PS: Need to check the fine print still on that)

Also there is one thread started by Greenhorn in this respect which should add more light to this topic http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-reviews.html

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 7th January 2013 at 20:47.
Rahulk76 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks