Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2007, 16:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

I know someone who bought an Innova very enthusiastically for office travel but later bought a santro too to commute to office, since he thought it was too big to drive on bangalore roads + the usual parking problem.
Old 10th June 2007, 21:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

You are right BUSA, WhiteKnight, Steer I agree your valid points.

First day I baught Innova I have put rear crashgaurd, so far at least 2 or 3 times some one has banged slightly from the back but my bumper is saved by crash gaurd, the one who kissed it checking their vehicle for scratches.

Dimension wise its not so big compared to sedans/luxury cars.

Its easy to drive in the city but we can't drive it as C or B segment car. Once we are used to it we get better control.

On silver, Black Innovas few claddings look really good but no where comparable how best they look with Safari/Scorpio

Ravi.
Old 10th June 2007, 23:30   #18
lavi_cool_1999

A satisfied Innova owner

Having a July'05 Innova and drove over75000 kms, I never faced a problem with the size of the sweet Innova.
It usually takes a little time to get used to the Innova.

Old 11th June 2007, 01:06   #19
BHPian

I was advised by the accessories guy to not go for the cladding. Reasons:

1. Car body would be drilled to make holes to fasten the cladding
2. The fasteners/nuts etc. tend to loosen up (given our super silky roads) with time - hence rattling creeps in ... constant headache

Just wondering if indeed what I'm told is true ? Anybody knows good kits available (looked at carryboy but somehow didn't liked it)
Old 11th June 2007, 09:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

You are right about holes to fastening cladding etc.. it ends up with lot of rattling ... thats one reason why I didn't put front crash gaurd since i have one at rear and side foot steps. it adds wieght to vehicle and chassis gets affected in long run (according to my guy from whom I buy..) he advises put accessories which won't damage the car physically.

According to him fitting roof mounted screen is not advisable as well although he has fit many.

Ravi.
Old 11th June 2007, 10:07   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
I was advised by the accessories guy to not go for the cladding. Reasons:

1. Car body would be drilled to make holes to fasten the cladding
2. The fasteners/nuts etc. tend to loosen up (given our super silky roads) with time - hence rattling creeps in ... constant headache

Just wondering if indeed what I'm told is true ? Anybody knows good kits available (looked at carryboy but somehow didn't liked it)
actually none of them look good. the cladding sticks out too much and makes the car look wierd.
Old 11th June 2007, 13:39   #22
BHPian

Iam now into doing a photoshop stuff. What I wanted to see is how it will look like if i put in the 18inchers that comes with the Fortuner/HiLux in innova! juz for the fun of it. i will try to upload later.

Btw, Innova is from the same platform as that of Fortuner/Hilux? I shortlisted Innova but now I am hesitating because of its size.
Old 11th June 2007, 13:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Size does matter in city

but these days i find it hard to ride my bike for practical reason i feel "Reva" would suit any city like a glove.

Any Reva owners in Tbhp??
Old 11th June 2007, 13:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

TO talk about people banging the sweet looking cars, i happened to travel in my friends Mahindra classic which has bumpers etc. basically only metal
we got stuck in a bad jam in Kr puram, belive me my friend had no issues driving through that sticky traffic as people gave way hehe guess they were scared.

when i drive my OHC i need to keep a watch on all the sides when stuck in a sticky jam but in classic case people around the classic kept a watch and my friend was not bothered wish i was in his seat
Old 11th June 2007, 13:56   #25
BHPian

Cool One

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Size does matter in city

but these days i find it hard to ride my bike for practical reason i feel "Reva" would suit any city like a glove.

Any Reva owners in Tbhp??
Reva. Well i wud beat the Reva with my Bicycle man. No offences meant.

Yup, driving big cars in big cities is a menace. I think that small cars B, B+ segment are more suitable in city conditions due to their easy manouverability.

Innova well its quite big.
Old 11th June 2007, 14:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
You are right about holes to fastening cladding etc.. it ends up with lot of rattling ... thats one reason why I didn't put front crash gaurd since i have one at rear and side foot steps. it adds wieght to vehicle and chassis gets affected in long run (according to my guy from whom I buy..)
Ravi.
Also, IMO, cladding will add to the width of the vehicle atleast by a couple of inches. So that will make parking more difficult!! You probably wont be able to park in some places where it used to fit in earlier !!
Old 11th June 2007, 23:01   #27
lavi_cool_1999

You you can say dat drilling makes a long term effect on the cars body.
Infact I fear rust the most and I think drilling will only add up rust even if you have a teflon coating.

Old 12th June 2007, 00:18   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Iam now into doing a photoshop stuff. What I wanted to see is how it will look like if i put in the 18inchers that comes with the Fortuner/HiLux in innova! juz for the fun of it. i will try to upload later.

Btw, Innova is from the same platform as that of Fortuner/Hilux? I shortlisted Innova but now I am hesitating because of its size.
its a great car.. dont hesitate.. just buy it.

appart from messing the car up i havent seen side cladding that suits the innova.
Old 12th June 2007, 01:01   #29
BHPian

Even i thought its too big for city use but after using my cousins innova for two days i was wrong.If you get used to it for a little period of time then its awsome.My cousin has fitted reverse sensors in the rear bumper which is useful while parking.

PS:Length of safari is more than innova.Check specifications
Innova length:4555 mm Safari length:4810 mm
Old 12th June 2007, 13:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

?? why is it too Big!!
Innova dimensions-[LxW] 4555x1770
Corrolla dimensions 4530x1705
so the Innova is 1" longer and 2.5" broader !!
How can it be a problem.
Its a fantastic allrounder.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks