Team-BHP - Too big for the city -- INNOVA ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Too big for the city -- INNOVA ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11733-too-big-city-innova-3.html)

An ugly looking vehicle that has an appearence of a crouching insect needs to be rapped on the butt...:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayden (Post 199608)
Hi Guys,

Ive seen a lot of Innovas in Chennai and almost all of them have a dent in the back or on the side.

1 . Is the Innova big or long for a city like Chennai of Bangalore?
2 . Dont you think even small dents look bad on the Innova? Maybe Toyota should get a grey cladding on the Innova like the Scorp or Safari. Ive seen 4 year old Scorpios and Safaris looking good for thier age simply because of the cladding.

Rayden

You are right scooby05 about dimension of Innova, many people say its too big but its not compared with other big cars.

Regards,

Ravi.

The funny thing is I noticed that the privately owned Innovas I saw while out today were nice and scratchless, but there were Santros with all sorts of nasty scratches and dents all over.

Ironically, I think the small size of the Santro leads people to think they can just dart in and out like a motorcycle, but the results are there for everyone to see.

By contrast, if you just stay in your lane in the Innova, you'll come out fine. All that darting around is going to buy you is about 5 min. savings.

Yes Innova IS BIG. I find Swift big for Bangalore road conditions. it would take 30% more time to commute with an Innova in a busy traffic road than a small car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by caliper (Post 466386)
The funny thing is I noticed that the privately owned Innovas I saw while out today were nice and scratchless, [...]
By contrast, if you just stay in your lane in the Innova, you'll come out fine. All that darting around is going to buy you is about 5 min. savings.

Well mine was scratchless till last Sunday, until a BMTC idiot overtook me from left and took a left turn, damaging my left RVM in the process :mad: When I chased him, showed my angry fist, he claimed complete cluelessness. But anyway, in general, if you do not attempt circus with Innova, you should be fine, given some luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 466675)
Yes Innova IS BIG. I find Swift big for Bangalore road conditions. it would take 30% more time to commute with an Innova in a busy traffic road than a small car.

Maybe I have to disagree. I drive both a wagon-r and an innova, and I don't think I reach anywhere 30% faster with the smaller car. It may be just a few minutes. But the comfort, and ability to carry family/friends makes up for it.

Kousik

Quote:

Originally Posted by kousik (Post 466920)

I drive both a wagon-r and an innova, and I don't think I reach anywhere 30% faster with the smaller car. It may be just a few minutes. But the comfort, and ability to carry family/friends makes up for it.

Kousik

Amen to that. I would say, just stay in your lane, relax, and listen to music, or even better, use the time to listen some audio books.

Free ones are available at: http://librivox.org/

parking could be problem in cities
once you get used to it, size doesnt matterlol:

our cabbies/autos/buses/biker are capable of scratching even a reva.
innova is no different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 466675)

sorry: 30%??? hows it possible?, UNLESS you dont follow traffic rules!!
and once again sorry to say, Lane cutting and small cars indiscipline are the cause of most traffic snarls.

It is not at all about you following rules here in Bangalore. It is about the two wheelers and Autos and Cycles coming in front of you from nowhere. I am finding difficulty to handle Swift (Which is slightly longer and wider than my previous car -Santro) in the traffic. I am extrapolating this experience on to Innova. Innova is big but doesn't scare Two wheelers/Autos away. Scorpio does good in scaring away small vehicles and making way for itself.

innova is huge for city traffic. i feel small hatches are better bet in heavy traffic.

not really. you dont get pushed around that much.

well i take my innova to delhi and i reach faster than i would normally take in my wagonR... On the highway its safe and in the city everyone respects if you are in an Innova and I am sure that no one comes in between, when in traffic....

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 468353)
It is not at all about you following rules here in Bangalore. It is about the two wheelers and Autos and Cycles coming in front of you from nowhere. I am finding difficulty to handle Swift (Which is slightly longer and wider than my previous car -Santro) in the traffic. I am extrapolating this experience on to Innova. Innova is big but doesn't scare Two wheelers/Autos away. Scorpio does good in scaring away small vehicles and making way for itself.

Sir, but sorry, I dont agree. santro,swift,innova, anything, you, want to get bullied, they[2 wheelers] will give it a try even with a truck!!
we must realise, we were at their level too driving 2 wheelers.
SO, Please let all 2 wheelers know and Undestand their responsibility and Maturity.
Maintain your lane and traffic discpline and leave the rest to GOD!! Dont give up, and feel otherwise, or u should be on a 2 wheeler or a truck then!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishism (Post 469720)
Dont get annoyed. Smile and let them pass. See the difference.
ism; Smile, smile, smile. Confound the bugger.

GANDHIGIRI in TRUE sense;) .

The innova no doubt is not as maneuverable as the qualis.Must see how the cabbies drive the qualis in the city could put an auto-rickshaw to shame,however the same cannot be said of the innova.