Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2007, 01:02   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
But pls give a freaking AC, someone buying a car around 8 lakhs will expect that.
During a recent TD, I was shocked to notice that a car priced so high does not have an internally adjustable OVRM. Only the top-end (V spec) has an (electrical) adjustable OVRM. In all other models you actually need to roll down the windows and adjust the mirrors.
Old 2nd October 2007, 08:12   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
During a recent TD, I was shocked to notice that a car priced so high does not have an internally adjustable OVRM. Only the top-end (V spec) has an (electrical) adjustable OVRM. In all other models you actually need to roll down the windows and adjust the mirrors.
its pretty stupid. but the mirrors are so big that you dont need to adjust them. one of my drivers who is about 5'5" can drive with the same setting as me who is 6'3".
Old 3rd October 2007, 00:18   #63
BHPian

I generally notice that it is the wheel size that intimidates people, buy a car with a large wheel and put some nasty looking bull bars on it. People think you wont think twice before you run them over and they prefer to stay away from you
So, safari, scorpio , endevaours, busses, trucks, dune buggies fit the bill poor innova though large in size is treated like a pushover by the traffic. A gentle elephant amidst a hyena pack.
Innova is a people mover and if you want one, you dont have much choice in that segment
Old 3rd October 2007, 08:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
akshay, I sometimes drive an 8 seater Sumo in the city alone and feel like a moron for gobbling up all that road space.
kudos for accepting it

on a second thought, why maggy, why
Old 3rd October 2007, 13:41   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
I generally notice that it is the wheel size that intimidates people, buy a car with a large wheel and put some nasty looking bull bars on it. People think you wont think twice before you run them over and they prefer to stay away from you
So, safari, scorpio , endevaours, busses, trucks, dune buggies fit the bill poor innova though large in size is treated like a pushover by the traffic. A gentle elephant amidst a hyena pack.
Innova is a people mover and if you want one, you dont have much choice in that segment
not really. the only people who push around are the cabbies. and they push everyone around whether the car is an audi or a best bus. the case in chennai though might be different. and have you been in one on the road to say this?
Old 4th October 2007, 10:10   #66
BHPian

A Car is only as big as its Turning Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonycs View Post
It's not just the Car's problem. Imagine U r taking a U-turn on ur big Innova on a small road... and U need to reverse to really cut the angle for the second time and U find a taxi or a scooterwala behind ur back who couldn't wait a second and U R struck in ur Innova coz of a traffic jam caused by U... AS THEY SAY.
Guys I feel "A Car is only as big as its Turning Circle"

Look at Kolkata mean streets - its a war zone... but full of unmanevorable ambys. They are bemoths for the narrow lanes but they ply....how? becos its got a good turning circle.

When I switched to a sedan from a hatchback in Kolkata, people told me I was nuts. But it actually easier to drive a 14" wheeled sedan than a 12" wheeled M800 as if find larger wheeled cars have tighter turning circles. And so is the amby's and Innovas turning circle beneficial as they both have large wheels (15" for both I presume).
Old 9th October 2007, 13:04   #67
Team-BHP Support

Looks like Kerala is taking to the Innova in a big way.

From the link :

Quote:
Kerala is proving a lucky state for Toyota in India,it is achieving a stunning rise in sales courtesy of this state.A very high NRI base in this state adds to the advantage of Brand toyota in this state.

However not just Kerala it seems the entire southern region has taken well to the Innova and are responsible for majority of the sales right now.

Toyota Kirloskar Motors has registered a 31 per cent rise in sales of Innova vehicles in Kochi this month. The company had sold 118 Innovas in August this year compared with 69 in the same month last year. The MPV segment registered a growth of 17 per cent and Innova’s market share in this segment is about 35 per cent.The cumulative sales figures for Thrissur were 307 compared with the 213 during the same period last year. Similarly, cumulative sales in Thiruvananthapuram and Kannur for this year were 437 and 186 compared with 376 and 68 respectively.

[Source: The Hindu BusinessLine]
Link to the article :
India: Keralites love their Toyota Innova
Old 9th October 2007, 13:38   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
... i find larger wheeled cars have tighter turning circles. And so is the amby's and Innovas turning circle beneficial as they both have large wheels....
I dont think there is any connection between wheel size and turning radius. In fact, I think, the larger the size, more difficult to have a tighter turn. Yes, the ride and easiness to drive will improve with slightly larger wheels among other things, but tighter turning isnt one of them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks