Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2012, 13:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Vento diesel comfortline launched

Quote:
On a related note, I'd like to meet the clueless VW dude who decides on equipment. My brother just got a Jetta Comfortline last week. His ~18 lakh rupee car doesn't have a USB! For heaven's sake, the Beat & Figo that cost 1/4 as $$$ get a USB port.

VW decides equipment needed for American and European market. Hence they will be happy to provide a ipod port but not an USB port. One good thing is that the AUX input works with some of the new gen phones which turns my car into a mobile phone and avoiding the need to spend 30-40K on bluetooth modules.

The new comfortline loses a lot while gains on the engine spec when compared to the old comfortline. The old comfortline had most of the current highline features.

VW - Thinks people assume they are premium brand over Skoda
Skoda - Wants to sell more than any VW does

Customers - Think both VW and Skoda are in the same segment.

Only if VW realises that customers dont see VW any different from Skoda will they price it or provide features that are right.

The difference in price should be around 45-50K while the SKoda ambition has only Driver side air bag if not both.

Just bring in a law that makes Air bag mandatory and eliminate these safety features are version seperator.

Last edited by VW2010 : 14th March 2012 at 13:41.
Old 14th March 2012, 13:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
No airbags/ABS even in the Comfortline. The Honda City has ABS+airbags standard on all variants E , S and V - not sure if the new Corporate variant also has them. C'mon VW - a German car used to be the automotive benchmark of durability , reliability and precision. I'd add safety to that but it's Volvo which stole the safety crown.

Yes, the Honda corporate edition does have ABS and airbag as standard..
Old 14th March 2012, 13:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
+1 to what you said.

We had the VW Downtown guys put up a stall in my office premises yesterday and they had a Comfortline on display. The on road price in Bangalore comes to 10.83lacs for the diesel variant.

I inquired about the lack of safety features on a car costing close to 11lacs. The VW guy said, that is because its an imported engine and good built quality

When I further told him that the City base model also has both ABS and dual air bags he was annoyed. He banged the door of the car very hard and the kicked the rear bumper and said, can you do this with a City?

I was shocked and laughed at the ignorance and walked away.
tell him to give you a TD on a trendline model and then do a crash testing at the salesperson's risk.
sidindica is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 13:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
tell him to give you a TD on a trendline model and then do a crash testing at the salesperson's risk.
Well said Sid. Its a fact Indian salesman at showrooms are useless and badly trained. It also happens to be their misfortune to come across a BHPian
Old 15th March 2012, 07:07   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
On a related note, I'd like to meet the clueless VW dude who decides on equipment. My brother just got a Jetta Comfortline last week. His ~18 lakh rupee car doesn't have a USB! For heaven's sake, the Beat & Figo that cost 1/4 as $$$ get a USB port.
Tell me about it! I really like the new jetta for its clean lines. But a trendline costs 18L OTR and the comfortline costs 19.5L OTR. Thats just ridiculous pricing for car which has no usb, rectractable mirrors (trendline), fog lights (trendline), No ACC (even on higline!) etc. Mind (and wifey) says Cruze, but heart says Jetta. If the budget does bring out extra tax on diesel cars, I dont know how VW is going to sell the Jetta. I could spend a little more and get a petrol superb.
Old 15th March 2012, 10:52   #36
BHPian

now IPL2 version:
Volkswagen Polo and Vento IPL Edition II to hit showrooms| Zigwheels.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks