Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2012, 16:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

VW Vento diesel comfortline launched

Volkswagen introduces the Vento Diesel Comfortline
  • Offers this variant at Rs 8.56 lakhs in Maharashtra and Rs 8.74 lakhs in rest of India
  • Commences sales across all dealerships
One of the most successful carlines from the Volkswagen Brand – the Vento Diesel Variant will now be available in the Comfortline trim level besides the already existing Trendline and Highline trim levels for Indian customers.

The Vento Diesel Comfortline is on sale at all Volkswagen dealerships at Rs. 8.56 lakhs ex-showroom Maharashtra and Rs.8.74 lakhs at all other showrooms across India.

The Vento Diesel Comfortline has features like body coloured exterior door handles and mirrors, radio with CD, MP3 player music system, rear center arm rest, fog light front and rear, height adjustable driver seat, electrically adjustable outside rear mirror over and above all the features available in the Vento Trendline.

Commenting on the introduction of the Vento Diesel Comfortline, Mr. Neeraj Garg, Member of Board & Director Volkswagen Passenger Cars said “Since the introduction of the Vento, we have received requests for the mid level trimline and it is our pleasure to be able to provide the customers with their desired car.”

Last edited by StarScream : 12th March 2012 at 16:34. Reason: removes tags
StarScream is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 19:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Thanks starscream. Very disappointed that they didn't include atleast an ABS in the comfortline variant. Rapid ambition has ABS as well as a driver airbag and I was hoping for the same spec list in the vento comfortline variant too, I dont think this is going to do any wonders to the sales chart. Even an VW fan will think twice before picking it over rapid TDI ambition.

Thumbs down to VW -
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 19:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

I was just looking at the brochure (the site's feature pages are still not updated) and noticed that at almost 9 lakhs the comfortline trim doesn't offer ABS and/or airbags!! Shocking.

Last edited by StarScream : 12th March 2012 at 19:57.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 20:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

VW Vento diesel comfortline launched

From motorbeam

Volkswagen Vento Diesel Comfortline Variant Launched | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Quote:
Volkswagen has launched a new variant of the Vento in India. The new Comfortline variant is available with a diesel engine only and is the sixth variant of the Vento. The other variant include the petrol Trendline, petrol Highline, petrol Highline automatic, diesel Trendline and diesel Highline. The Vento Diesel Comfortline is priced at Rs. 10.01 lakhs (on-road, Mumbai) and Rs. 8.74 lakhs (ex-showroom, India). The Volkswagen Vento Trendline (Diesel) is priced at Rs. 9.55 lakhs, while the Highline (Diesel) is priced at Rs. 11.59 lakhs. Could this move be made after the Skoda Rapid beat the Vento by a small margin in last months sales?

“Since the introduction of the Vento, we have received requests for the mid level trimline and it is our pleasure to be able to provide the customers with their desired car,” Mr. Neeraj Garg, Member of Board and Director, Volkswagen India, said.
Volkswagen Vento Diesel Comfortline Features

Body coloured door handles and mirrors
Electrically adjustable ORVMs
Height adjustable driver seat
MP3 Audio system with radio and CD player music system
Rear center arm rest
Front and rear fog lights
All the features available in the Trendline variant

The Volkswagen Vento diesel is powered by a 1598cc, 4-cylinder diesel engine which produces 105 BHP of power at 4400 RPM and 250 Nm of torque at 1500 RPM. This engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox, while the petrol engine also offers similar output but with lesser torque of 153 Nm at 3800 RPM.
The highline gets leatherette seats. the shades of shadow blue, black, silver and terra beige which were available as a cost option earlier on trendline are no longer offered. All these colours, in addition to white and red, are only offered on comfortline (diesel) and highline (P and D) only.

See brochure extracts.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Vento diesel comfortline launched-untitled1.jpg  

VW Vento diesel comfortline launched-untitled12.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 12th March 2012 at 20:50.
sidindica is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 20:27   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW Vento diesel comfortline launched

This is great news. A CL variant was long overdue and this is the right step to forward. Can you provide the full feature list. I hope VW hasn't skipped on both ABS and Airbags for the CL variant ( I don't see them listed in the features above).

Edit: Couldn't see the brochurs in the beginning. So the main differences between this and the highline are:
1. ABS
2. Airbags
3. Pinch protection in the windows
4. One step operation of the power windows
5. Leatherette seats
6. Superior music system with speakers
7. ACC
8. Remote key with its feature
9. Alloys
10. Steering controls
11. Interior chrome package
12. Exterior Chrome

The difference between the two is 2L which is a lot. But according to me it doesn't vary enough from the Trendline and is still too basic. I am not sure how many people will want to upgrade from the Trendline and go for this. I believe they should have added a bit more features in this or cut down the prices of the Trendline a little to really differentiate between the two.

Last edited by drmohitg : 12th March 2012 at 20:50.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 20:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
This is great news. A CL variant was long overdue and this is the right step to forward. Can you provide the full feature list. I hope VW hasn't skipped on both ABS and Airbags for the CL variant ( I don't see them listed in the features above).
AFAIK airbags and ABS isn't there in CL variant. Just above mentioned features are there in CL.

Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 12th March 2012 at 20:32.
Old 12th March 2012, 20:35   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Very disappointed that they didn't include atleast an ABS in the comfortline variant. Rapid ambition has ABS as well as a driver airbag and I was hoping for the same spec list in the vento comfortline variant too, I dont think this is going to do any wonders to the sales chart. Even an VW fan will think twice before picking it over rapid TDI ambition.
Very well agree. This is like really questioning the sensibilities of the buyer, or probably over-confident that the brand name will take care of the sales.
Old 12th March 2012, 20:51   #8
PPS
Senior - BHPian

You pay 10 lakh rupees and don't even get power windows on any of the doors! I hope that is an error.
If i remember correctly on the mid-variant of the Rapid, ABS & single airbag is offered so its a bit baffling how Vento could miss out on it.
Old 12th March 2012, 21:07   #9
BHPian

No airbags/ABS even in the Comfortline. The Honda City has ABS+airbags standard on all variants E , S and V - not sure if the new Corporate variant also has them. C'mon VW - a German car used to be the automotive benchmark of durability , reliability and precision. I'd add safety to that but it's Volvo which stole the safety crown.
Old 12th March 2012, 21:18   #10
BHPian

Absolute stupidity. Even if they took off some of the features like the music system and the body colored yada yada, they should have been able to offer the ABS and airbags at around 9 lakhs OTR which would have been a very good deal for the Vento diesel. This is two thumbs down to VW for making such bone headed product decisions.

Throw in the ABS and airbags at around 9 lakhs, it would have again started flying off the shelves. At 9 lakhs the CL would still have had a significant difference from the HL which now retails for over 10 lakhs. Dang.
samarjitdhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 21:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

Oops! Missing out on ABS in favour of a music system (when compared to the Rapid) is not a really wise decision. Its just the A.S.S. that seems to be a case point for the Vento mid variant now. I would go for the Rapid Ambition variant eyes closed, anyday. Also, with the money I would be saving, I can get myself a nice ICE too

Last edited by aravind.anand : 12th March 2012 at 21:21.
Old 12th March 2012, 21:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
The Honda City has ABS+airbags standard on all variants E , S and V - not sure if the new Corporate variant also has them.
Honda City Corporate variant also has ABS + Dual airbags. Though they not provide ACC even in their 11.6 lac top variant. But as they say Safety comes first than comfort.

Last edited by bluevolt : 12th March 2012 at 21:44.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 22:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

IMO they have 'renamed' the Breeze edition as CL as almost all the additions (except driver's seat height adjustment) can be fitted aftermarket.
It seems the first thing customer looks for is Fog lamps, RVMs with turn-indicators while the first thing T-BHPian looks is ABS with Airbags. No fault of VW then.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 22:26   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

Honda City Corporate variant also has ABS + Dual airbags. Though they not provide ACC even in their 11.6 lac top variant. But as they say Safety comes first than comfort.
I think someone at VW is pushing the envelop way too far. Honda lost the plot inspite of more than a decade of goodwill. We don't wanna learn, do we?
Oh and did I mention a possible increase with the excise duty hike and diesel cess expected around the corner!?
Old 12th March 2012, 23:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

They should have had a Comfortline(O) with ABS and airbags. Indian customes who is willing to spend 8+ lacs on a car is very safety conscious nowadays.

They could have skipped:
- Body coloured door handles and mirrors
- Rear center arm rest
if they really wanted to cut costs. Customer is smart enough to get the door handles painted himself.

Most Viewed