Team-BHP - Tata indigo DICOR displayed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata indigo DICOR displayed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11756-tata-indigo-dicor-displayed.html)

At the geneva auto show, while everybody was looking at the cliffrider, the indigo marina DICOR got unnoticed. The car as a 1.4 litre Euro IV engine, and has to be here before Apr 2007 as govt norms demand it.
The DICOR will be available with 70 and 90bhp engine options. My guess is that since Tata-Fiat is jointly manufacturing the multijet(70bhp) engine at the Ranjangaon plant, the small cars will get the 1.3L mutijet with sedans getting the 90bhp 1.4.

A measly 90 bhp wont do good on the Dicor. There are higher cc variants of the JTD -

1.9 developing 120 - 150 bhp
2.4 developing 200 bhp

These engines serve on the Fiat Croma. On the Dicor, these will blow the competition away.

Wow, 90 bhp on a Marina will rock - esp with the loads of low end torque its likely to have. Once the extended wheelbase version is out, that'll be a benchmark setter for sure! Hopefully slightly better lines too.

90bhp measly for a 1 ton sedan!

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative
A measly 90 bhp wont do good on the Dicor.

Quote:

90bhp measly for a 1 ton sedan!
i guess he mistook dicor as safari....

Quote:

Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
i guess he mistook dicor as safari....

You got me there. My miss. :)

Whoa, 90 bhp in the Indigo should be pretty lively!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative

1.9 developing 120 - 150 bhp

Apparently they are getting rid of the 1.9 JTD engines in favour of their new 1.6 Multijet with the same torque and power as the present 1.9 engines.

New Indigo Dicor looks like a good deal.

If this comes in the indian market quick enough, it will surely ring death knell to Accent CRDi and Fiesta 1.4 TDCi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
The DICOR will be available with 70 and 90bhp engine options.

I'll believe it when I see it - the 3 litre engine develops a measely 115bhp (restricted or otherwise) and an engine less than 1/2 its size pumping out nearly 80% of its power would mean injustice to people like me.

that power would let the car go rockin at straightline pickup and speed but has tata thought about the handling of the car . i think it will be missed out as it is missed on present tata cars

Indigo 1.4 liter non DICOR engine is 70bhp.
And this 90bhp engine was on display inside the indigo SW(marina) in the geneva auto show. If you want to see it buy April ACI

An estate does not need to be the best handler - its a large family car! As for the power output - I think the DICOR Safari will continue to rule on torque - and thats where the difference lies. (I also think there'll be multiple revisions of the DICOR 3.0 - with the current version being the least stressed and most reliable while being reasonably adequate - of course, reliability could keep going up too with better engine tech/materials as more is extracted from the same block).

The Safari as we see it is going to go away in less than a year.
Replacement will be built on X2 platform. Same for the Sumo too, but sumo will have its final facelift before the dying gasp

Incidentally, whats the source of this info? Don't remember reading about this anyplace.