Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2013, 11:08   #166
BHPian

Re: Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
Can you please ask your friend about the when the GO will be launched (estimated dates). Also, is there any possibility about the interiors being revamped for the production model or is this the final?

Cheers,

Achyuth
As per my friend's description the interiors would more or less stay what we see here, bench type seat (integrated bucket seats) in the front, open glove box etc., Launch is targeted around late 2013 or early 2014. It could even be before that if all goes well, as per my friend. It will come with a 1.2 lit engine. Will check for further details when I meet them next weekend. Another internal Nissan team, where another friend is working is guessing that the new 800 CC engine could make it to Go.
BusyBoyKK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 11:35   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
The time required to set up a manufacturing line is approximately 2 - 3 years. It depends upon the dimensions of the upcoming product and it's specific requirements. In Datsun's case last year Nissan had already started working on the model in Russia. So they are able to cut down the lead time by approx one year. Also Nissan will be setting up a body shop and assembly line for Datsun range. Paintshop will be shared with Nissan's existing products.
I bet this car is based on the current Micra Active, even the dimensions are more or less identical (little shorter, marginally less wider) & you can almost see a Micra design philosophy. I, hence, do not think it should take Nissan Renault to launch the Go 2-3 years.

IMO, at max, they need time to shortlist the dealers where the initial lot of cars will be sold from & make sure there are adequate arrangements at the dealers' premises for display, sale & service of the reborn brand, which should be few months only (as @BusyBoyKK has hinted).

My two cents are on the 2014 Auto Expo announcement of the pricing & commencement of sales.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 26th July 2013 at 11:37.
Old 26th July 2013, 12:39   #168
BHPian

Not sure if the position of the phone holder is correct. My take is:
1. If I need to change the song, I have to now take my eyes off the road. That is dangerous.
2. A lot of us use GPS navigation now. Isn't it inconvenient to keep looking left and down for directions? Also GPS signals are better when the phone is near the windscreen.
3. With a phone slotted in and the AC on, the air flow to the passenger seat is partly blocked. Also, suppose in winter when we use a lot of heaters is it good to have hot air blow into your phone's backside?
4. Lastly, not an important point, but if a kid (or dare I say our better half) is sitting on the passenger side, I would not like them fidgeting with the phone.

I think the holder should have been near the driver and above the dashboard (like seen in the pic). The designers should have thought about this. They could have moved the blowers a bit left and made provision so that the view is not obstructed and have a clip so that the wires do not interfere with the turn indicators. What say folks?
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-datsun_go_int02.jpg  

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-modelsinternal1.jpg  

shivasi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 12:55   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I bet this car is based on the current Micra Active, even the dimensions are more or less identical (little shorter, marginally less wider) & you can almost see a Micra design philosophy.
What I said is a general time line. If they are building Go on Nissan Micra platform they can easily crunch the time further. As Nissan have already did some work on Datsun brand from 2011-12, they can launch their first product by mid of next year.
Old 17th September 2013, 14:26   #170
Senior - BHPian

Nissan India could build 10,000 Datsun Go hatchbacks/month

Link to News Section

The Datsun Go hatchback was showcased in India a couple of months ago, in the run up to the car's official launch and price announcement early next year. The car is the first low cost model that the Datsun brand will play host to. Nissan has resurrected the Datsun badge as a low cost brand that will operate in emerging car markets across the globe.

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-2014-datsun-go-hatchback-1.jpg

Datsun cars will be priced and positioned below similar sized Nissan offerings in order to maintain a clear brand distinction. Datsun cars are expected to be locally built with extensive local sourcing to keep costs low. Initially, India, Indonesia, Russia and South Africa will be the major production hubs for Datsun cars.

An AutocarPro report suggests that Nissan India will build 10,000 units of the Datsun Go each month. Given the fact that the total monthly domestic volumes of Brand Nissan in India is well under 5,000 units, the Japanese car maker seems to be betting big on Brand Datsun for its volumes push.

An interesting read, Nissan India: The Way Forward.

It would be interesting to see whether Nissan's minimal dealer footprint is able to support the ambitious push in volumes led by Brand Datsun. Notably, Datsun cars would be sold and serviced through existing Nissan dealerships. The current crop of Nissan dealerships are expected to have separate areas to display Datsun cars along with separate sales forces to handle the low cost brand.

The Datsun Go shares parts with the Micra and is powered by the same 1.2 liter-triple cylinder motor that powers the current versions of the Micra Active and the Micra Facelift. Given the fact that the Micra Active starts at a price tag of 3.5 lakh rupees and that Datsun cars will sit below equivalent Nissan models, the Datsun Go's starting price is expected to be pegged well under the 3.5 lakh rupee mark.

At that price level, the Datsun Go could rub shoulders with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800, Hyundai Eon and the Chevrolet Spark. The Alto 800 and the Eon, between themselves account for about 25,000 units in sales per month despite the sales slowdown. Given the difficult economic climate in India, it is unlikely that Nissan will be able to sell 10,000 units of the petrol powered Datsun Go each month. Therefore, a chunk of Datsun Go hatchbacks produced in India could head towards export destinations.

Notably, Nissan exports more cars from India than it sells domestically. The Datsun Go will be built at Renault-Nissan's joint manufacturing facility situated at Oragadam, off Chennai. This facility will also play host to the second Datsun hatchback, code-named the i2, which Nissan India plans to launch next year. The 800 cc, petrol engined i2 could is expected to be priced between 2.5-3 lakh rupees, as the least priced Datsun car to be sold in India.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 17th September 2013 at 14:27. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 17:59   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Datsun unveils Go+ MPV in Indonesia.

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-datsungompv01.jpg

The Datsun GO+ is a 5+2 MPV developed as a movable cozy family lounge able to accommodate all family members in one car for the journey. The vehicle has a sleek, dynamic silhouette and strong shoulder line. The car will be offered with Datsun Mobile Docking Station - the practical solution of smart-phones integration into the car.
The light-weight Datsun Go+ is equipped with a 1.2-litre engine, mated to a five speed manual transmission, tuned for fuel efficiency and good acceleration. The compact design of the vehicle suits the present day conditions, an overall length of 3,995 mm, width of 1,635 mm and a height of 1,485 mm. Its wheelbase is 2,450 mm, the key to its spacious interior.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...esia-11280.htm
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 18:25   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Datsun unveils Go+ MPV in Indonesia.

Attachment 1139686

The Datsun GO+ is a 5+2 MPV developed as a movable cozy family lounge able to accommodate all family members in one car for the journey. The vehicle has a sleek, dynamic silhouette and strong shoulder line. The car will be offered with Datsun Mobile Docking Station - the practical solution of smart-phones integration into the car.
The light-weight Datsun Go+ is equipped with a 1.2-litre engine, mated to a five speed manual transmission, tuned for fuel efficiency and good acceleration. The compact design of the vehicle suits the present day conditions, an overall length of 3,995 mm, width of 1,635 mm and a height of 1,485 mm. Its wheelbase is 2,450 mm, the key to its spacious interior.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...esia-11280.htm
The <4 meter length of the vehicle seemingly an attractive proposition, especially in India (because of the duty structure). But, wonder how would they squeeze people in 3rd row. Also, 1.2L petrol will be anemic for this people mover.
Old 17th September 2013, 19:01   #173
BHPian

The MPV version of Datsun Go is not as beautiful as hatchback version. The rear end of the vehicle does not properly merging with the rest of the body.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 10:34   #174
Senior - BHPian

IAB reader has spotted a no-camouflage Go test mule near Poonamallee High Road in Chennai.

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-datsungospied.jpg

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-datsungospiedchennai.jpg
sarathlal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 11:14   #175
BHPian

I saw a Datsun GO without camouflage near the Saidapet AG Church yesterday morning. I was so busy identifying the car, I forgot to take any pics.
It looked more like the new Micra and Hyundai i10 grand.
Old 28th October 2013, 21:10   #176
BHPian

Looks like a very ordinary hatchback. I wish to see Datsun Go with zero chrome lining in the front. I think my wish will remain as a dream.
Old 28th October 2013, 22:16   #177
BHPian

For the price-range I believe the looks are acceptable and not to forget its peers (read:Alto & Eon ) are not great looking either but the build quality surely looks superlative in this segment.
Old 29th October 2013, 16:28   #178
Team-BHP Support

Team-BHP reader Abdul Shukoor has sent in these excellent shots of the Datsun Go being tested...

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-default0.jpeg

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-default3.jpeg

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-default2.jpeg

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-default.jpeg

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 22:23   #179
BHPian

The car has a nice stance. It looks well proportioned and has a neutral appeal which will not offend anyone. If priced aggressively and backed by good after sales and support it can bring in good numbers for Nissan.
Old 4th November 2013, 08:23   #180
Senior - BHPian

Managed to spot a Datsun Go near Pallavaram at Chennai

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-20131028_120131.jpg
geeash is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks