Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2013, 10:39   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!

Some more smaller details emerge!

The rear hatch door, which seems to have no amount of trim or insulation to it.
Another cost cutting measure is the single wiper stalk for the front windscreen.
Rear has conventional winding windows.
No split rear seat.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/07/d...or-video-87573
Old 16th July 2013, 10:46   #122
Senior - BHPian

Re: Datsun's second innings looks promising!

Yes it is and a very bad move in my opinion. MP3 player , Smart phone aside not providing a music system in the car is not fair.

The write " Why get a music player just for your car, when you have all your favorite tunes on your device? "

Thats not the way it works out all the time - also i cannot see any radio controls - just 4 buttons for treble , bass , Aux and USB.

The front however has a certain appeal to it with respect to the angles of photographs present on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
2) Music system is actually just a mobile phone dock connected to the car's speakers, seems to be lacking Bluetooth support, CD/MP3 player and FM/AM radio

Last edited by puchoo : 16th July 2013 at 10:48.
Old 16th July 2013, 11:01   #123
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Yes it is and a very bad move in my opinion. MP3 player , Smart phone aside not providing a music system in the car is not fair.

The write " Why get a music player just for your car, when you have all your favorite tunes on your device? "

Thats not the way it works out all the time - also i cannot see any radio controls - just 4 buttons for treble , bass , Aux and USB.
Yes, it is odd, but how many of us actually use anything else other than aux/usb/bt?

I can say look wise it is odd but quiet functional. I think for India specific model they would have at least more than one trim and lower ones would have space to put a 1 DIN audio.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 11:05   #124
Senior - BHPian

Personally speaking i listen to the radio a lot especially during the morning commute to office. But the point is not really that - they should have given a system as well as the AUX and the USB - that would have been a proper complete package.

And it can be inconvenient , yes AUX and other inputs are on the rise but for example take CD's - now with this car it requires one to transfer the music onto the phone first.

Secondly , some phones will have a large memory and some might , if one belongs to the latter category that probably buying additional memory could be required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Yes, it is odd, but how many of us actually use anything else other than aux/usb/bt?

I can say look wise it is odd but quiet functional. I think for India specific model they would have at least more than one trim and lower ones would have space to put a 1 DIN audio.
Old 16th July 2013, 14:08   #125
Senior - BHPian

Looks promising for an entry level hatch.
But I'm apprehensive about one aspect-> The pricing. When you say 4 lakh, it could be exfactory or exshowroom? So if its about 4 lakh exshowroom for the base variant, you are looking at 4.5 OTR and for the top variant about 5 or 5.25. That is I10 / Wagon R territory and those vehicles are a notch about this datsun GO when it comes to brand image / overall feel.
The Alto to me looks very safe. Even the EON did not dent much of the Alto's sales since it was a good 50k more than the Alto.
I hope Nissan doesnt do a "Nano" by promising exciting prices, whereas the actual OTR may be far higher.
Old 16th July 2013, 15:14   #126
Senior - BHPian

Maruti's options in this price bracket are atleast regular cars, no tin cans like the Nano and nothing as horrid as the Etios. It seems Nissan is hell bent on creating a Liva twin, the current specs make the Tata Ace look upmarket. Nissan should focus on the existing products and service, also some desirable cars wouldn't be too much,Datsun can wait till then.
Old 16th July 2013, 20:12   #127
BHPian

Found the following news on Autocar about Datsun GO being unveiled today

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/350...nveiled.aspx/0
Old 17th July 2013, 13:04   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The pricing spoken of was < 4 lakhs, so It seems confusing now with the Micra Active @ 3.5 lakhs! Cheers!
Exactly my thoughts. The Go looks promising with what seems like a roomy interior and its smart looks. Just wondering if the price range they are aiming for is bit on the higher side?
Old 17th July 2013, 15:33   #129
Senior - BHPian

Thought i would post this video , did not see it listed elsewhere on the thread. Its an introduction to the GO. Only exterior footage however

Old 17th July 2013, 21:55   #130
Senior - BHPian

Revive? We never had Datsun in India before. So question of reviving does not arise. The title should read more like "Nissan to introduce Datsun brand in India".
Old 17th July 2013, 22:17   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Support: Pictures and launch report for Datsun GO added on Pg.6. Link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post3178945 (Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!)
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 23:16   #132
BHPian

Oye Nissan, how about you put in an AT/CVT box in a model of the Go? With VW Up not coming anytime soon, get something in the A* AT range!
Old 18th July 2013, 09:27   #133
BHPian

The Datsun Go looks like simple but a capable hatchback. If Nissan manages to maintain the price around 4 lakhs then Maruti and Hyundai may have a tough time ahead. But to make it a success, Nissan has to make penetration in India's rural areas.
Old 18th July 2013, 12:17   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
The Datsun Go looks like simple but a capable hatchback. If Nissan manages to maintain the price around 4 lakhs then Maruti and Hyundai may have a tough time ahead. But to make it a success, Nissan has to make penetration in India's rural areas.
I think Nissan can - with revised agressive pricing of Micra (Active) - it is quite certain that they are ready to work on any kind of price benchmarks to put other players under pressure.

The Datsun could be a serious attempt in this direction as they would like to retain Nissan as their premium offering to maintain brand association among customers.

I am quite sure, we will get to see dog fight in this segment among MSIL, Hyundai and Datsun.
Old 18th July 2013, 15:30   #135
BHPian

At least the GO is a much better looker then the Alto800. If they can add interiors with quality 1 notch better then Alto800 and at a price point just above the Alto800, they will be able to pull the crowd.
I think the Go will try to take away the top end Alto800, entry Wagon-R and i10.
This segment is very price sensitive. Hope Datsun has learned from Ford and KTM.

By the way, having pushed the gear up, the gap will help people get out from the passenger door much easily in the event of a tight parking. I had to do that a few times with a lot of struggle on my Wagon-R.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks