Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2013, 10:11   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
.... the k9k engine at this state of tune?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
And where was it reported that the K9K will make it to the Datsun Go?
A friend on Facebook told me so. The K9k at 55PS. It did sound ridiculous. It does seem speculative. Will check & revert. Till then, lets ignore that aspect of the discussion. I profusely apologise to have provided speculative info. Mods may edit that post to prevent confusion .

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 24th July 2013 at 10:19.
Old 24th July 2013, 10:58   #152
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
A friend on Facebook told me so. The K9k at 55PS. It did sound ridiculous. It does seem speculative. Will check & revert. Till then, lets ignore that aspect of the discussion. I profusely apologise to have provided speculative info. Mods may edit that post to prevent confusion .
Let me clarify that Nissan have never stated this will come as a diesel variant
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 11:55   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Datsun to ride on Nissan’s network for India drive.

Quote:
It will not be a product placement within the Nissan network, but rather Datsun will have a separate and distinct branding bay within the retail set-up. In other words, the branding around the car, the sales person, the process and services will be Datsun specific and Datsun-branded.
But will this work as Nissan itself is currrently having a lean network!

Cheers!

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/21297957.cms
Old 24th July 2013, 12:29   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

And now the Datsun GO Sedan is rendered

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-9323576067_db7d03f1b7_o.jpg

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-9326368418_f0331474d1_o.jpg

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-9323576183_86da7a65e3_o.jpg

Image Source
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 14:42   #155
Senior - BHPian

Datsun to use Nissan's dealership and after sales network in India

Link to News Section

Last week, Nissan unveiled the first car under the recently resurrected car brand, Datsun, in the form of the GO hatchback. The Datsun brand will be used to market low cost cars that Nissan is developing for emerging markets across the globe. Now, official word about Datsun sharing showroom space in Nissan India dealerships has emerged. Mr. Vincent Cobee, the global head of Datsun, speaking to the EconomicTimes, has announced that cars under the Datsun brand will be sold through Nissan dealerships in India.

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-datsun-go-1.jpg

Although Datsun cars will be sold and serviced through Nissan India's dealership and service network respectively, the cars will have their distinct space within Nissan showrooms. Also, the sales personnel handling Datsun cars will be distinct from those handling Nissan cars. This demarcation will apply to the after sales service aspect too. Notably, Nissan's approach with brand Datsun in India, is similar to what Mahindra is following with the Ssangyong range in India.

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-datsun-go-2.jpg

Mahindra dealerships sell the Ssangyong Rexton SUV, which gets independent sales and service personnel. Eventually, Datsun cars are expected to be sold through independent dealerships in India, with existing Nissan dealers having the first right of refusal to set up Datsun dealerships. Presently, Nissan's distribution network in India is handled by an independent channel partner, Hover Automotive. In the past, many Nissan dealers have lodged their protest against Hover Automotive.

This had led to a confrontation between Nissan dealers and Hover Automotive last year, which has since been resolved by the intervention of the Japanese car maker. Currently, Nissan has 92 dealerships across India. However, for a big-volume small car like the Datsun GO, which competes with the likes of the Hyundai i10 and the Maruti WagonR, the number of dealerships would have to be greatly expanded if Nissan intends to reach out to more buyers.

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-datsun-go-3.jpg

Small car purchases in India, in the budget end of the spectrum, are largely dictated by accessible dealership and service networks. Both Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai, the country's top two small car sellers have an extensive presence across both urban and rural parts of India, with the former having the largest number of touch points of any car brand operating in the country. Likewise, Nissan would have to rapidly expand the number of dealerships and touch points to give the Datsun range of cars a solid footing in India.

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-datsun-go-4.jpg

After the Datsun GO hatchback, which will be slotted between 3-4 lakh rupees, Nissan will launch the i2 hatchback. The Datsun i2 is a smaller hatchback that will be pitted against the likes of the Maruti Alto 800 and the Hyundai Eon. The Datsun i2 is expected to be powered by a new 800cc-3 cylinder petrol engine (code-named the BR03), currently under development in the Renault-Nissan technical center at Chennai. The Datsun i2 is expected to be priced well under 3 lakh rupees, with a 2015 launch timeline likely.

All Datsun cars will be developed and manufactured in India, with a high amount of localization. The high localization will allow Nissan to price the Datsun cars competitively, while also allowing long term service costs to be maintained at affordable levels. The Oragadam joint manufacturing facility of Renault-Nissan will be expanded to handle the production of the Datsun range of small cars.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 24th July 2013 at 14:45. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 22:57   #156
BHPian

Well another big shot at the lowest segment! Go from the very start is promising. Is it only me or any of you saw the resemblance of the side profile (rear side) to Toyota Auris. Not a copy, just a design cue with the boot actually sticking out. I suppose Hyundai EON has done one thing in the lower segment that you got to have some aggressive styling. I mean Alto and Nano are more of functional designs only I suppose.
Lets see how the Datsun "revived" works out.
Old 24th July 2013, 23:28   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
All Datsun cars will be developed and manufactured in India, with a high amount of localization. The high localization will allow Nissan to price the Datsun cars competitively, while also allowing long term service costs to be maintained at affordable levels. The Oragadam joint manufacturing facility of Renault-Nissan will be expanded to handle the production of the Datsun range of small cars.
Datsun no-Go after looking at the interiors. All open pockets.
Anyway consumer is the king. I am happy Nissan chose India as manufacturing hub for exports.
There will be more interesting models coming our way.
Old 25th July 2013, 01:49   #158
BHPian

A friend is part of the team responsible for building Go.

Apparently Datsun will be launching a sedan and MPV version of Go sometime after the hatch. That's confirmed.
BusyBoyKK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 04:29   #159
Senior - BHPian

My only question is why they waiting for so long to launch this thing?
Old 25th July 2013, 07:11   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
My only question is why they waiting for so long to launch this thing?
The time required to set up a manufacturing line is approximately 2 - 3 years. It depends upon the dimensions of the upcoming product and it's specific requirements. In Datsun's case last year Nissan had already started working on the model in Russia. So they are able to cut down the lead time by approx one year. Also Nissan will be setting up a body shop and assembly line for Datsun range. Paintshop will be shared with Nissan's existing products.

Last edited by MaxTorque : 25th July 2013 at 07:14.
Old 25th July 2013, 13:54   #161
Senior - BHPian

Nice. I quite like the looks of the car. I hope they get the pricing right and their after sales service better by the time they go ahead full fledged with the Datsun brand. And since localisation levels are high, I just hope they get the pricing right for their cars. The cars have neutral styling, please some and offend none. Also one thing I felt - both the hatchback and sedan look like mix-n-match of some of the cars available in the Indian market. For ex. the hatch rear end looks like a combination of alto 800 and i20, the sedan looks like the Honda Amaze.
Old 25th July 2013, 14:23   #162
Senior - BHPian

A sedan version of Go would be s direct competitor to Honda Amaze if launched with a diesel engine.
Old 25th July 2013, 17:01   #163
BHPian

If the interiors are same as pictures, it is no competition to Amaze and Etios. I am sure the quality of build will be ultra low cost with severe cost cutting.
Old 25th July 2013, 18:51   #164
Senior - BHPian

The product looks really good. I hope it offers better quality than the Alto. It it can match the quality and space provided by a Wagon R, I think it will be a hit because of its good looks. Plus based on my limited understanding of car dynamics, I think this will be a better handler than a Wagon R.
Old 25th July 2013, 18:57   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
A friend is part of the team responsible for building Go.

Apparently Datsun will be launching a sedan and MPV version of Go sometime after the hatch. That's confirmed.

Can you please ask your friend about the when the GO will be launched (estimated dates). Also, is there any possibility about the interiors being revamped for the production model or is this the final?

Cheers,

Achyuth
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks