Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2006, 12:40   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileepd11
...two redundant IC's in the Xeta CPU that were meant for optimising the vehicle for using the LPG as Fuel. These reduntant IC's come to life only if a LPG Fuel kit is installed. In short what he said was that the indica XETA was the only petrol car that is specially made for LPG use in such a way that the user could switch between the two fuels. On my enquiry he told me that the conversion kit cost about 25k but was far worth its price.
Wow! This is new! Xeta comes with built in sensors that wait for you to put a LPG kit?! Gee... if this is true, I wonder whether Tatas are already planning the LPG version of the Xeta. This sounds like the first preparatory step in the direction.

By the way congrats on your new Xeta. Enjoy your ride mate. My personal experience says it is a great car for the Indian roads (only the rims are a bit iffy).
Old 19th April 2006, 13:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Wow! This is new! Xeta comes with built in sensors that wait for you to put a LPG kit?! Gee... if this is true, I wonder whether Tatas are already planning the LPG version of the Xeta. This sounds like the first preparatory step in the direction.
An official LPG version of the Xeta !!! Whoa ... How more VFM can a small car get ...
If this is true, then it could easily cross the Alto sales figures before long.

@dileep - congrats on your xeta - are you planning to convert to LPG ?
Old 3rd May 2006, 11:01   #33
BHPian

My car is out. Running great. Only unsatisfied point being the FE. I roughly estimate i am getting around 11-12kmpl. I have filled up the tank and will be giving you a final fixed figure very soon.

I talked to a mechanic at the workshop while taking delivery. He told me they dont have any authorised LPG kit yet. And fitting other kits ends guarentee terms. So i guess i will have to talk to the sales guy who initially told me about it, for a conformation. Anyway i hope they release an official one soon.

Most Viewed