Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2006, 19:11   #46
BHPian

production of accent is not stopped completely. but has been reduced to almost negligible figures coz new accent is around the corner.

and the accents on sale now are just from the unsold stocks lying in their yards.
Old 8th April 2006, 20:26   #47
Senior - BHPian

No; seems they are gonna do teh Skoda way. A 8lac Rs. car between Elantra and Accent.
Old 8th April 2006, 20:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
No; seems they are gonna do teh Skoda way. A 8lac Rs. car between Elantra and Accent.
I read the ET report where Hyundai clarified that they havent stopped production of the Accent, giving daily production figures. They havent however clarified there whether or not the new car will replace the current model - for all you know the reduced production figures are probably for the export market - they only said the Accent is still being produced.

Either they're planning a Fiesta/Aveo clone OR they're playing it smart so that people dont stop buying the current model till the new one is out....you never know with them.
Old 9th April 2006, 05:52   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I read the ET report where Hyundai clarified that they havent stopped production of the Accent, giving daily production figures. They havent however clarified there whether or not the new car will replace the current model - for all you know the reduced production figures are probably for the export market - they only said the Accent is still being produced.

Either they're planning a Fiesta/Aveo clone OR they're playing it smart so that people dont stop buying the current model till the new one is out....you never know with them.

.. just two days back i was at the hyundai showroom in bangalore taking delivery of the santro and i asked the sales manager about the rumors of stopping production of the Accent..
He showed me the letter from the CEO which states that the production of the accent will not stop..and they are going to initiate legal action against the publishers of this news and to continue with the promotion of the car..
Also confirmed was that the new car possibly verna(not sure) will be released end of 2006 and will be in a different league all together.. it will not hamper the sales of the accent..
The sales gimmic will be something like what mitsubishi is doing.. with the Cedia and the old lancer still available from showrooms.. The other car coming from hyundai stables is supposedly the face lifted version of the accent and will be priced higher than the normal accent and both versions will be available..
So all this is just a confirmed rumor about the accent production being stopped..
Old 9th April 2006, 10:07   #50
Senior - BHPian

Oh well, yet another manufacturer trying to sell old and new wine, never mind the bottles.......
Old 9th April 2006, 10:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Oh well, yet another manufacturer trying to sell old and new wine, never mind the bottles.......
very true.. what i was told was that the engine variant will be the present 1.6 (petrol) DOHC which comes in the viva and the top end accent.
Old 9th April 2006, 10:35   #52
Senior - BHPian

Yet another manufacturere getting ready to take the public for a ride ? I hope not, but you never know.

Last edited by Steeroid : 9th April 2006 at 10:38.
Old 9th April 2006, 11:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

I guess Maruti has comeptition. Man so there are now five manufaturers who are taking Indians for a ride.

1) Maruti
2) Skoda (Old and Laura *** were they thinking when they gave that name, Please dont call it Laura call it O2 Octavia II)
3) Mitsubishi (Old Lancer and now Cedia and when they plan to remove a newer Lancer the old Lancer will be sold for 6 Lacs, the Cedia for 8 and the Newer one for 10, Utter rubbish)
4) Tata - When will they stop foccusing on the looks of the car. They really need to do something about the gearshift.
5) Hyundia - Welcome to the club.

I really appreacite Honda, Toyota, GM, Mercedes in this regards atleast they have the word phase out in their dictionary rather then just make up which other manufacturers believe in.
Old 9th April 2006, 23:54   #54
BHPian

well cant we file apetition for what all these manufacturers have been doing shame on us for being cheated so openly and we cant fight against ....but once if a voice is gonna be raised it will become louder and thats indians....right or bad its correct to call it that we are being cheated and only way to stop it is to spread the info and try to gradually make way out for the 800's octy's accents ........well huge list

one final say do these companies think india is dump old models market...there should be saome check ........quality check and expiry check tooo
Old 10th April 2006, 07:40   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinadha
well cant we file apetition for what all these manufacturers have been doing shame on us for being cheated so openly and we cant fight against ....but once if a voice is gonna be raised it will become louder and thats indians....right or bad its correct to call it that we are being cheated and only way to stop it is to spread the info and try to gradually make way out for the 800's octy's accents ........well huge list

one final say do these companies think india is dump old models market...there should be saome check ........quality check and expiry check tooo

I dont think thats possible.. the vehicles being released in India have the governments approval dont they??
Old 10th April 2006, 09:59   #56
BHPian

I saw new Accent model tested in Bangalore Chennai Highway. The car looked big and of the size of city or even bigger. I took pics with my mobile phone cam. It is not clear at all because it was taken in the night. Will try to post it sometime.
Old 10th April 2006, 11:26   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser
I saw new Accent model tested in Bangalore Chennai Highway. The car looked big and of the size of city or even bigger. I took pics with my mobile phone cam. It is not clear at all because it was taken in the night. Will try to post it sometime.
You can see the new accent photos in the Net.I think it is already launched in Australia.The front looks like a Corolla and it is bigger and more powerful than the existing Accent.It is true that the old will be replaced by the new one in 2006
Old 23rd April 2006, 02:21   #58
BHPian

hope they get rid of the silly CRDi moniker too...every common rail in India is reffered to as a CRDi..soon it will become a Hyundai invented technology in their ads(or is it already..)..i heard a snob talking about waiting for the new Mercedes E300 with 'CRDi' engine to be launched..
Old 23rd April 2006, 09:28   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamsinmerak
hope they get rid of the silly CRDi moniker too...every common rail in India is reffered to as a CRDi..soon it will become a Hyundai invented technology in their ads(or is it already..)..i heard a snob talking about waiting for the new Mercedes E300 with 'CRDi' engine to be launched..
Its not Hyundai's tech. It's Merc tech and as they(Merc) own a small percent of Hyundai, there's this tech exchange and hence. NOw you know why Accent CRDi is so popular coz of its performance.

And coz they brought it others had to bring in newer tech to compete.
Old 23rd April 2006, 10:19   #60
Team-BHP Support

It was actually invented by bosch I think.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks