Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2006, 12:51   #91
BHPian

Link to original AAS Article

A review on the Verna from the Automobile Association of Singapore:

Hyundai drops its Accent for the all-new Verna, which retains the brand's reputation for quality budget motoring
What's New
Hyundai makes cheap cars cheerful, that much is certain and the company's been steadily working away at upping the quality, look and feel of its products. So much so that if you haven't gone near a Hyundai in recent memory, chances are you'd be happily surprised by how far they've come if you did.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please refrain from reproducing the entire article sourced from another website.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th May 2006 at 02:08.
Old 9th May 2006, 13:10   #92
Senior - BHPian

From the review in Autocar, I understand the petrol engines in the Verna perform better on paper than on the road. It's always the case with Hyundai. But they hoped that the CRDI mill will have the punch for the power freaks.

The new CRDI is developed inhouse by Hyundai whereas the current Accent engine is sourced from Detroit motors in US. What about the CRDI engine in Elantra? If the engine in Verna is the first inhouse development, I am expecting it to perform similar to the petrol engines...... paper tiger....

PS: This is just my opinion.
Old 17th May 2006, 09:03   #93
BHPian

Accent not being phased out!!

Hey guyz,
Accent wont be phased out and Verna will be a totally new model. You can check this in various media reports...Verna is a fantastic car man... Auto car and Sorabzee are confused and they have been folled by Hyundai...

Ha!
Old 17th May 2006, 09:47   #94
BHPian

dimensions of Verna:
168.5 x 66.7 x 57.9 ( inches)
wheel base= 98.4 in

4280 x 1694 x 1470(mm)

wheelbase= 2450mm

This is definately a BIG car, can anyone post similar figures for NHC, Aveo and Fiesta?
Old 17th May 2006, 10:02   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
but hyundai rarely makes marketing mistakes.
no offense meant, but hear's Hyundai's marketing mistakes,
  • Elantra
  • Tuscon
  • Terracan (It's forgotten by this time)
  • Sonata Embera
Rs.7 lakhs and above Hyundai has made marketing mistakes.The cars were good though.
Old 6th August 2006, 07:04   #96
BHPian

Hi There!...Any latest news of Verna? ..I am planning to buy its CRDi version but not sure if it will be available in sept. Any firm report on pricing?
Old 6th August 2006, 07:34   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai
Hi There!...Any latest news of Verna? ..I am planning to buy its CRDi version but not sure if it will be available in sept. Any firm report on pricing?
i remembe someone quoting it at 8.25L
Old 6th August 2006, 09:18   #98
Senior - BHPian

That maroon car is the new Accent in international markets. So Hyundai plans to retain the current Accent in India, badge the new Accent as the Verna, slot it as entry level luxury car so that they can charge premium price for it?

Last edited by amit : 6th August 2006 at 09:24.
Old 6th August 2006, 11:14   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
That maroon car is the new Accent in international markets. So Hyundai plans to retain the current Accent in India, badge the new Accent as the Verna, slot it as entry level luxury car so that they can charge premium price for it?
yah and why not! Skoda did it.

@yeis; saw teh new elantra? check it if you havent. And did you say..Esteem, Verna, Aveo and Fiesta???? hello!

Last edited by jkdas : 6th August 2006 at 11:23.
Old 6th August 2006, 11:15   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I don't think so. Accent has already died, well almost and after launch of Verna it will die completely if Verna is priced somewhere in Accent's range. If Hyundai brings Verna as premium car then it would be a suicidal act. Accent has lost its pace and new Verna has to compete with Optra, Corolla, Cedia, Civic and their own Elantra! In my opinion, Verna is the answer for Fiesta, Aveo and Esteem etc. Despite of various reports, Accent is gonna replaced, my sixth sense's bid!
Old 6th August 2006, 14:21   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
i remembe someone quoting it at 8.25L
Thats what hyundai dealers are saying. Also Verna is to comepete with AVEO, City, Fiesta wheras Accent will continue to be sold to compete with Esteem, Ikon, etc.
Old 6th August 2006, 18:47   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
yah and why not! Skoda did it.

@yeis; saw teh new elantra? check it if you havent. And did you say..Esteem, Verna, Aveo and Fiesta???? hello!
NO! What's that special about new Elantra?

Let Verna come on road. It will come in 6-8L range and will compete with other C-segmenters. Within a couple of months (maximum) Accent will be out. I have listened that dealers are even clearing stock of Accent. Anyways, Nobody is giving a damn to it yaar! Accent petrol is completely forbidden and CRDI is killed by Fiesta TDCi! I haven't seen a brand new Accent on road for months now!
Old 6th August 2006, 19:03   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeis
Accent petrol is completely forbidden and CRDI is killed by Fiesta TDCi! I haven't seen a brand new Accent on road for months now!
I hate to disappoint you but the Accent has been doing its best ever figures in the past 3-4 months, selling about 5,300 units in March down to 4,300 in June. If I'm not mistaken this figure is ahead of both the Fiesta and the Aveo and every other model except the Honda City and the Indigo.

Quite significantly, sales seem to have fallen sharply to 2,800 units in July - signs that they arent pushing any more cars into the showrooms?

Last edited by Steeroid : 6th August 2006 at 19:07.
Old 6th August 2006, 19:14   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I hate to disappoint you but the Accent has been doing its best ever figures in the past 3-4 months, selling about 5,300 units in March down to 4,300 in June. If I'm not mistaken this figure is ahead of both the Fiesta and the Aveo and every other model except the Honda City and the Indigo.

Quite significantly, sales seem to have fallen sharply to 2,800 units in July - signs that they arent pushing any more cars into the showrooms?
Yes, but we must consider the fact that Accent has been India't all-time favourite. The CRDI had had sort of monopoly over market. The downfall in sales is not just due to the fact that Hyundai is stopping Accent but its an effect of competition as well. Fiesta TDCi is doing very well.

Your statistics say this as well, Accent is no more! Verna is nothing but an upgrade over
Old 6th August 2006, 20:05   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Looks like there are serious upgrades in Verna CRDi. They have added one whole piston to it. I guess its not just another Accent. Also its has 110 BHPs. I am dying to ride it on!
Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks