Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:48   #136
BHPian

Re: Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The new i20 is 5cm longer than the older one.Although the boot looks unchanged the rear legroom is more.
+1
It's confirmed from the brochure's now. It's longer by 55 mm. current one is 3940 mm long. New one is 3995 mm. Height, Width are intact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
+1.

If the cars length is increased beyond 4000mm, will lose excise duty benefits of small car.
It's still within 4m.

Yes. If this 5.5 cm is used for rear seat leg room, It will be too good I believe (as already i20 is good in rear leg room. or at least nothing to complain). And added with the fact that it's a widest car for the segment (wider than Verna)

Even Swift Dzire is almost same length but with a boot. How does Swift Dzire manage space. Is the cabin in i20 too far behind? (Say from Headlight?) -
Old 2nd April 2012, 14:26   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Do post pictures of the bronze color if you've already seen it on the car. My wife has booked the white, and the window to change the color, although very small, is still open. Fought my way through on this with the dealership since bronze is a debuting color. So I'd be grateful if you can help me pull the curtain on this mate.
hi Omtoatom

happend to see BRONZE color on chennai hyundai dealer sales guy's iphone which he has taken in their yard. he say BRONZE looks so sexy and upmarket. though i have booked bronze and the car has almost come, i still have my options open for the TWILIGHT BLUE..wanted to have a look at that too.
Old 3rd April 2012, 13:14   #138
BHPian

uninteresting design(may be a different story when seen in the flesh). The front design have strong resemblance with the toyota liva.
Old 3rd April 2012, 13:50   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
happend to see BRONZE color on chennai hyundai dealer sales guy's iphone which he has taken in their yard. he say BRONZE looks so sexy and upmarket.
Deepan, any possible way to extract those snaps from the guy's phone and put them up for the benefit of the group? Although bronze isn't the kind of color that a photograph can do justice to, pulling one out will go a long way in getting a closure.

Quote:
i still have my options open for the TWILIGHT BLUE..wanted to have a look at that too.
I'd advise you to stay away from twilight blue mate. It's fairly close to a black especially when viewed from afar or in fading light so there's no novelty/shock value. Unless you have a strong propensity for the black shade, the blue will not be much value-add. Generally speaking, darker shades are also tough to maintain. Bronze (assuming it looks the part) will be a better bet.
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:23   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizay View Post
Yes. If this 5.5 cm is used for rear seat leg room, It will be too good I believe (as already i20 is good in rear leg room. or at least nothing to complain). And added with the fact that it's a widest car for the segment (wider than Verna)
Yup, it's actually wider than the fluidic Verna by a full centimeter! And to top it, if Hyundai has managed to plough back the extra 55 mm directly into the legroom at the rear, that will be sensational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizay View Post
Even Swift Dzire is almost same length but with a boot. How does Swift Dzire manage space. Is the cabin in i20 too far behind? (Say from Headlight?)
Absolutely. It's quite incredible how the designers/engineers at Maruti have managed to carve out space in the Dzire. It has always had class-leading space and yet managed to stay under the 4000 mm cap required to enjoy all excise benefits of a small car. For the consumer however, it still offers a complete sedan experience - all at an unbeatable price. No wonder it clocks those kinda sales numbers month on month! Kudos
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:28   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Absolutely. It's quite incredible how the designers/engineers at Maruti have managed to carve out space in the Dzire. It has always had class-leading space and yet managed to stay under the 4000 mm cap ...
Are you serious? Dzire & space? Please have a look at Vista to understand what a "class-leading" rear space stands for! Dzire & Swift are among the most cramped rear space hatch / sedan, Figo is known to have more space than Swift / Dzire!
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:42   #142
Senior - BHPian

All the pictures of i20 look like they were clicked at the 'headlamp level' sitting down, and not normal 'windscreen level' standing up. I hope you get what I am trying to say!

Can anyone who has access to new i20 put up pics clicked while photographer standing up, and not sitting in front of the car?
Old 3rd April 2012, 15:12   #143
BHPian

Quote:
hi Omtoatom

happend to see BRONZE color on chennai hyundai dealer sales guy's iphone which he has taken in their yard. he say BRONZE looks so sexy and upmarket. though i have booked bronze and the car has almost come, i still have my options open for the TWILIGHT BLUE..wanted to have a look at that too.

today went to KUN Hyundai's yard to see both colors. Bronze to me looks like earlier Beige only(no real differentiator). The grey looks good as the front grill of new i20 comes with a polished black metal like arch. but twilight blue(which i came back & saw in showroom), really looks cool to me. with the black front grill, some black lining in the front light holder all gels very well with this color. find some pics of the same. was in a rush. So was not able to do justice in taking the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-picture-363.jpg  

Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-picture-365.jpg  

Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-picture-364.jpg  

deepanonline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 15:15   #144
BANNED

I have a couple of queries:

How old or new is the Gamma engine wrt to the Kappa engine?
Any comparison of the i20 AT in comparison with the modern Maruti Suzuki AT, specifically the new Dzire AT?
Old 3rd April 2012, 15:37   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Are you serious? Dzire & space? Please have a look at Vista to understand what a "class-leading" rear space stands for! Dzire & Swift are among the most cramped rear space hatch / sedan, Figo is known to have more space than Swift / Dzire!
With all due respect, these are quite subjective calls. Ergo opinions may (and should) vary and will always be open to debate. Please understand it's quite possible that what is "most cramped" for one, may be "most spacious" for another. There's enough heterogeneity in India for such miracles to occur! I don't expect a consensus on this one and if I may say so, neither should you.

Besides do check my post again: I said class-leading space, not class-leading rear space.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 3rd April 2012 at 15:41.
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:37   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
With all due respect, these are quite subjective calls.
At the risk of going OT, tend to second Omtoatom here, my "spacious" NHC with "class leading rear space" is not significantly more comfortable as compared to my "cramped" Dzire. And the Dzire most definitely has better, wider front seat squabs for my fat A*
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:53   #147
BHPian

Hyundai site is now updated with the new i20 featuring in their "Showroom". Prices are not updated though. Attached the broucher downloaded from the site.

I was comparing features between Sportz (D) and Asta (D) and following are the missing features in Sportz (D) compared to Asta (D).

1. Smart key *
2. Engine start/stop *
3. Passenger air bag ***
4. Super vision instrument cluster *
5. auto light control *
6. Rear spolier *
7. Rear washer & wiper **

To me the only major feature in the above list Passenger air bag. Other than that Sportz (D) looks like a nice package compared to little pricey Asta model.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf i20.pdf (2.02 MB, 880 views)

Last edited by Apple : 3rd April 2012 at 18:22. Reason: Added missing features
Old 3rd April 2012, 18:31   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, it's actually wider than the fluidic Verna by a full centimeter! And to top it, if Hyundai has managed to plough back the extra 55 mm directly into the legroom at the rear, that will be sensational.

Absolutely. It's quite incredible how the designers/engineers at Maruti have managed to carve out space in the Dzire. It has always had class-leading space and yet managed to stay under the 4000 mm cap required to enjoy all excise benefits of a small car. For the consumer however, it still offers a complete sedan experience - all at an unbeatable price. No wonder it clocks those kinda sales numbers month on month! Kudos
Oops. Dzire managed 'some' space is what I said given the same length as i20 but there is a (very small) boot in Dzire.
Dzire rear space nowhere class leading. Unless I am missing which class is categorized into. Agree views are subjective. No offence.

Quote:
But mate, The Front seat leg room, particularly the passenger leg room - I feel better than i20 for some reason. It may be just my personal opinion. May be in Swift, the dash is designed to give away more leg room. whereas in i20 the dash is bulging out and cramps legroom a bit (only in the front seat).

Surely not comparable for back seat. In that respect +1.

Did Maruti purposely reduced that extra 15 cm in Swift for differentiating Dzire? I felt Swift would have become spacious with 3.995 m than it's now. Sorry for OT.
Vizay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 11:00   #149
BHPian

can some one post new i20 BRONZE color picture taken from some showroom?
Old 4th April 2012, 11:48   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
can some one post new i20 BRONZE color picture taken from some showroom?
Here goes Deepan.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-i20-bronze.jpg  

Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks