Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2012, 10:58   #196
BHPian

Re: Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs

I want to write to Hyundai about i20 rattling issues. Does any one has email contact of Hyundai India? I have filled the feedback form on their site already.
Old 8th April 2012, 11:04   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
I want to write to Hyundai about i20 rattling issues. Does any one has email contact of Hyundai India? I have filled the feedback form on their site already.
It is of no use Rodeo. Our forum member skanchan95 has tried it several times over and over but in vain.
Old 8th April 2012, 11:25   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
It is of no use Rodeo. Our forum member skanchan95 has tried it several times over and over but in vain.

I figured out they have an email ID on site cr@hmil.net . I have sent them a mail.
Old 8th April 2012, 12:18   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has ur car rattle fixed? I am so irritated by i20 rattle that plan to selll the car. Now my car is out of warranty but I had sent to service station at least 15 for this issue. I recently bought new dzire and pleasantly surprised by refinement of car when compared to i20. I some times even think to get another swift though I would prefer a change.
No it hasn't, inspite of two steering rack/one steering column changes and countless number of experiments done to fix the issue in the car. You can read in my thread how the Hyundai Junagadh workshop(which was the place where all thise supposed "fixes" were carried out) damaged my car on purpose when i visited them last time. Inspite of all sorts of verbal assurances given by them, the rattle kept on coming back.

This was after I complained several times about their incompetency. To make matters worse and what really pissed me off was that inspite of providing all the proof of the damage done to the car by the workshop fellows and knowing fully well how competent the workshop in Junagadh was, the RO shamelessly sided with that useless Junagadh workshop. I then wrote a detailed report of steering rattle issue in the car and damage done to the car by the workshop(with photographs and a CD) and sent it to Hyundai offices in Ahmedabad, Mumbai, New Delhi and Tamil Nadu. No one even bothered to respond!!!!! In my view, the ROs and senior fellows seem to lack the courage and conviction to come down hard on erring workshops like the one in Junagadh, it was almost as if both of them worked hand in hand to ruin my car.

Now, they are saying that they want to trying installing new steering rack in my car( the one that is going into facelift i20s), but they are giving no guarantee that the issue will be sorted out. I know they will giving verbal guarantees that the issue will be fixed, but no written guarantee. Verbal guarantees have no weightage in the court of law, if one decided to pursue this issue legally, which I did.

Quote:
They will give you standard copy/paste replies. Its not as if Hyundai does not know about the issue. Hyundai's customer care is hopelessly useless(alteast at the time when I was trying to get help from them for the issues in my car).
No harm in trying though, try cr@hmil.net and/or crsouth@hmil.net.

You are much better off selling your car than breaking your head with Hyundai trying to get the issue sorted out.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 8th April 2012 at 12:30.
Old 8th April 2012, 13:37   #200
Senior - BHPian

I always though that i20's design is inspired from Mazda 2 and this facealift takes it even closer to Mazda 2!

IMO they should have facelifted it on the lines of new Verna and not relatively cheaper Eon. Hyundai missed the opportunity to add 'premiumness' to its looks. I somehow did not like the way it looks now. Engine upgrade/tuning is a welcome move.

Quote:
ARAI Ratings:
1.2 Kappa : 18.5 kpl
1.4 Petrol AT : 15 kpl
I'm curious to know if any owner able to get closer to these FE figures, say on a highway with best possible driving conditions?

Last edited by HammerHead : 8th April 2012 at 13:41.
Old 8th April 2012, 14:47   #201
BHPian

I saw the car on road today morning. It doesn't look that bad in flesh but i would still pick the now phased out i20.

Also, even thought they claim the car is longer, it didn't look long at all. In fact it looked smaller than the older i20.
Old 8th April 2012, 16:30   #202

I bet back in 1927 when the ford motor company decided to discontinue model T and launched the all new model A, there must have been similar comments as to how ugly the model A looks and how pristine beautiful the model T was! Now come on folks! accept it! like or hate the igen i20, but it is the next logical step in the evolution of the car. This is the design philosphy of the future (now called present!) and this is how our cars are gonna look like. And design philosphy is something which is highly dynamic, it changes with time, and change is something which can be hard to digest at times.

If you ask me, having seen the fluidic i20 in person, I find it not only better looking, but more apt looking and upto date with the concurrent times. The old i20 (if i can dare to call it old!) was a good lookerno doubt, but this one in my humble ipinion is just more apt and chic! Now talking about prices, i see many cribbing about the high prices.

Remember! In this world, you get what you pay for! And extra added features tend to gold plate the product, making it seem even pricier! But hey! we all would love a gizmo loaded ride anyday in comparison to an impoverished one! And this goldplating business is what the big marquees like merc, bmw, jaguar etc have been doing till now!(now come on folks an 8 digit price for a ride no matter how beautifully it drives is outrageously ridiculous, if i had that sort of money i'd get myself a second hand cessna skylane or a J3 piper along with a brand new Land Cruiser prado rather than a ferrari berlinetta!)

Now if i can get some features which were the exclusive forte of mercs and bmws at a fraction of the price then, there is just one thing i can say- hats off to the hyundai guys! cuz a commoner like me, who wasnt born with a silver spoon in his hand can also experience all those gizmos which otherwise would cost a lifetime of hard labour for guys like me! You can also blame the high taxation rates in our country, which happen to be amongst the highest in the world!
freefaller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 22:06   #203
BHPian

Saw the new i20 in the flesh this Saturday - the front indeed looks way better in the flesh than it does in pics, especially in the new bronze colour - this is different from the beige on the i20 earlier, and more like the bold beige on the ANHC. The smoked out headlamps are similar to the international Polo albeit with squarish highlights. The chrome highlights for the fogs are a little visually suspect and might not appeal in combination with all colors.

Step inside and the interiors are largely the same, with a slightly different colour scheme - but this car can easily substitute a sedan considering the rear seat space and the boot size. And for all those interested in a diesel - its available within the space of 1-1.5 months !
Old 8th April 2012, 22:20   #204
Senior - BHPian

I find the straight line on bumper spoling the good frontal looks, since that line looks prominent.

I found suspension in i20 little noisy during a 50km ride i took in one of our relatives car, how is the NVH in this one?
Old 13th April 2012, 12:12   #205
Senior - BHPian

I saw the new i20 getting readied for delivery (with the ribbons et al) at a local Hyundai sales outlet. Has any Bhpian got his hands on the new one yet?

Also, is there going to be any official review of the car?
Old 13th April 2012, 12:57   #206
Senior - BHPian

Just gonna be driving the car later today. Be patient, till then
Old 13th April 2012, 17:40   #207
Senior - BHPian

So I have

this

Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-dsc00752.jpg

and

this.

Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-dsc00811.jpg

Review coming up soon.

Last edited by sidindica : 13th April 2012 at 18:08.
sidindica is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 17:48   #208
BHPian

What is with the bulging out headlamps and tail lamps? I see this more these days in latest models (even visible in i20 pics in this thread. I have noticed in Toyota Liva tail lamps). It doesn't go well with the contour of rest of the car. Does it help in better lighting?

I feel they are just waiting to get hit/damaged by something external (the way they are bulging out.)
Old 13th April 2012, 18:55   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

So I have

this

and

this.

Review coming up soon.
Woah Sid, I am sure you have tried quite hard to take those wonderful shots but you have confused me...Pretty Easily!!

I Hope, "This and This" in your post refers to a VTVT and CRDI I-Gens.

Can't Wait for your review.
Old 13th April 2012, 20:46   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizay View Post
What is with the bulging out headlamps and tail lamps? I see this more these days in latest models (even visible in i20 pics in this thread. I have noticed in Toyota Liva tail lamps). It doesn't go well with the contour of rest of the car. Does it help in better lighting?

I feel they are just waiting to get hit/damaged by something external (the way they are bulging out.)
I can think of multiple reasons. One is safety regulations by International govt. Another is aesthetic value and third is aerodynamics. I think its more of aerodynamics and then the other two. I have seen new corolla and camry. Their lights protrude too but its in straight line to body, so i think its related to dynamics of car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed