Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2012, 17:10   #16
BHPian

Re: Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs

The revised pricing looks interesting! Note that they've actually reduced the price of the erstwhile costlier Magna variant to compete with the Swift price. And the good thing is that they've added an Option variant too.
MalluDude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 17:28   #17
Team-BHP Support

I feel the exteriors are bad compared to the outgoing model. Interior seems to be little better off. Price sounds very competitive.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 17:35   #18
BHPian

Here's the link to one of the first guys to report the launch of the 2012 FL i20 on the web. It also states that, starting at INR 4.96 lacs and 5.96 lacs for the petrol and the diesel respectively, that makes the new range actually marginally cheaper than its outgoing counterpart.

2012 Hyundai i20 facelift with fluidic design language launched! | Latest Autos & Car News | OnCars.in

I highly doubt that.
Old 28th March 2012, 17:35   #19
BHPian

Sadly there is no automatic variant offered on diesel ... Verna remains the cheapest diesel AT car.
Old 28th March 2012, 17:36   #20
BHPian

The pricing and the equipment list looks like this model is going to sell well. But the front-end treatment looks a bit fussy, for lack of a better word. I suppose it should sell well, but there are bound to be a few who would prefer the older i20, yours truly included.

The i10's facelift was executed much better. You could say that I'm a bit biased there because I had my 2010 i10 facelifted, albeit just on the outside.
Old 28th March 2012, 17:40   #21
BHPian

Here is the i20 facelift spec sheet.
Attached Thumbnails
Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-dsc_0675.jpg  

phoenix_rising is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 17:52   #22
BHPian

IMHO they have softened the looks a bit in this facelift. i hope they have fixed the infamous steering rattle problem and have worked a bit on AC.

for me, the driver armrest is a welcome addition.
Old 28th March 2012, 18:04   #23
BHPian

WoW!!!! one word to describe the spec sheet
Hyundai has surely loaded the New I20 with features!! cant comment on the looks until i see it in the flesh, but seems good.I am sure this car will top segment charts for a long time! This car has got the features,Engines and price that will make it the top choice for any buyer in this segment!

The previous I-20 sold well even though it had steering rattle problems, ineffective AC,boat like handling... This shows how different the Indian market is!! Load a car with features that one can boast about, have great engines and fuel efficiency,good A.S.S and price it right, you have 10k plus customers every month!!
Other car manufactures should learn a thing or two from Hyundai( Ford, Volkswagen, Skoda!!)

OT:
I wonder why hyundai overlaps the top versions of the i-10 with the base version of the i-20?? Wont it hurt the i-10s sales??
Old 28th March 2012, 18:19   #24
BHPian

Hyundai sure packs its cars with features. They are also gaining a reputation for introducing a segment higher features or even those unheard of in a segment. Auto headlamps, rain-sensing wipers, all four disc brakes, heated ORVMs and the driver hand rest are testimony to this (correct me if other hatches already have this as standard in comparable variants).

That apart, the 1.2 Kappa VTVT engine is a much desired change, and I hope this has been sufficiently remapped to give the new car a i10-ish peppiness.

No news yet on the steering rattle issue though. Hyundai would be doing itself the best self-service by having eliminated the cars infamous steering rattle and suspension issue and not just sticking to cosmetic feature upgrades. If they have, Hyundai should forget the never-heard-in-segment-features and focus marketing on this one upgrade alone Buyers would surely make a bee-line to its showrooms. If it has not, it'll be very very sad, and a disservice to a great product.
Old 28th March 2012, 18:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Slightly softer on the looks department.. I guess otherwise they have packaged features better into the variants, Is the pricing done in a way that the budget changes are covered/offset? I hope they have fixed the steering issues etc.
Nevertheless, one of the first cars to offer a whole bunch of previously unoffered features in the segment.
Old 28th March 2012, 18:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rising View Post
Here is the i20 facelift spec sheet.
Pheonix, that's some slick work right there in getting your hands on the spec sheet already. Even the dealerships here don't have it yet. Remarkable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Well there is no Asta(O) for diesel, hence I think no 6 airbags and sunroof (or even the push button start for that matter). But I believe the rear disc brakes will be included.

Any new colors to be introduced?
'Twilight Blue' and 'Bronze' seemingly make their debut in the new range. From the outgoing generation, I don't see the black (Black Diamond) which is a tad surprising. The silver (Sleek Silver as it is called by HMIL) and the red (Maharaja Red) seem to have been retained.
Old 28th March 2012, 18:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

Yes - absolutely 'wow' to the feature filled offering! The looks are ummm... good but I will reserve judgement till I see it in flesh.
What I'd like to know in detail about is the AT box - is it the old (not so good) one or is it a 4/5 speed box - dual clutch maybe? Like the Fiesta or am I asking for the moon?
Old 28th March 2012, 18:35   #28
BHPian

What a loaded feature list the car has! Once again Hyundai has proved it is known for feature-loaded products. With this many products and this many variants having subtle feature differences, what a robust assembly line should the manufacturing unit be having! Great in that aspect Hyundai . Rain sensing wipers, push button start, 6 airbags, auto headlamps, rear discs(present in earlier model too) are the segment firsts I guess. I may be wrong or missing something to add but the segment first list almost makes up the feature list
Old 28th March 2012, 19:29   #29
BHPian

The FL i20 was widely rumored to be upgraded to black and grey interiors. I think the international versions still carry it. When recent reports confirmed this, I thought Hyundai had finally listened to 'customer-speak' and decided to get rid of the slightly tacky-looking silver finish on the center console and AC vents and replace them with the classier Polo-esque black-with-chrome trims.

However GTO's picture of the interiors seems to suggest otherwise. Any confirmation on this?
Old 28th March 2012, 19:31   #30
BHPian

The feature list looks awesome
But can't really digest the looks. The old i20's front end was classier IMHO. This one looks ridiculous
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks