Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2012, 23:32   #46
BHPian

Re: Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 30th March 2012 at 20:22.
shubhamAT is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th March 2012, 01:32   #47
rbp
BHPian

I hope they have improved the horrible handling and ride quality, that is one area where I hate my i20 the most, apart from the poor AC and steering rattle.
Old 29th March 2012, 04:44   #48
BHPian

I any day prefer the current i20 design over this one. The front just looks too plain. Also 9L OTR (top end)seems too high!
Old 29th March 2012, 06:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

To add to my earlier comment, the e-brochure on their website describes their AT box as a 4 speed one with six driving modes mated to the 1.4 Gamma engine.
Is the box therefore different from the earlier model? Wasn't that a 3 speed AT box?
Old 29th March 2012, 06:29   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijayraj1890 View Post
The website hasn't been updated yet. I guess some people inside hyundai itself were caught by surprise too. Any update on the colors?
Yeah, two new colors added. Bronze & turtle blue apart from white,grey,maharaja red and silver. No black this time(thats what i heard from hyundai local dealership manager).
Old 29th March 2012, 07:23   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Those are some nice specs...serious competition with quite nice pricing. Any reports on quality of air conditioning. The previous i20 had this problem in full summers as a/c could not keep up.
The pricing hasnt changed only change is that they had introduced a ERA variant. It isn't exactly cheap or VFM.

Feature list is super long though.

Yeah the two major issues reported so far on the forum were

1. A/C isn't powerful enough
2. Steering rack noise issue, which as per few is a design fault.

Reference thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-1-2-a-54.html

Any news if these issues have been addressed ?
Old 29th March 2012, 08:39   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rising View Post
Here is the i20 facelift spec sheet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareFreeKid View Post
Supervision Cluster : changes to the instrument panel incorporating a small LCD to display host of information like kms to empty, average mileage, average speed etc. Also better lit.
This is not mentioned in the features list. The features list mentions the below, which are already present in the current i20.

Warning indicators: Gear Shift, Door Ajar, Low fuel and seat belt reminder.
MID: Dual Tripmeter, Clock, Audio display, Date, engine running time and outside temperature.

Why are they still stuck on 14" alloys? They should have got in the 15" now.

Also, are they providing the Audio-Video navigational (AVN) system in the facelift? I dont see it mentioned anywhere. Was it a flop in the previous version?

Last edited by _raVan_ : 29th March 2012 at 08:48.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 09:01   #53
BHPian

Navigation was offered as an option in the previous edition 'Asta' variant IIRC
Old 29th March 2012, 10:32   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
2L+ difference for the AT!!! (is AT on the Sportz variant or on the Asta variant?) Is it the DSG or something???
Hyundai can do nothing about it. By government's definition, Sportz MT is a "small car" but Sportz AT is not, since the latter contains an engine with a capacity of more than 1.2 litres and is taxed higher. If the taxes were same, I guess the price difference would have been about 1.2 lakh Rs.
Old 29th March 2012, 10:35   #55
BHPian

I'm confused between this and the ford fiesta classic. This is loaded with bells and whistles but don't want to book a car without ever having seeing it and driven it.
Old 29th March 2012, 11:18   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
This is not mentioned in the features list. The features list mentions the below, which are already present in the current i20.

Warning indicators: Gear Shift, Door Ajar, Low fuel and seat belt reminder.
MID: Dual Tripmeter, Clock, Audio display, Date, engine running time and outside temperature.
I had read about the Supervision Cluster in the higher end Hyundai cars. Those displayed the parameters I mentioned, and guessed the same are available in i20 now.

However, the new i20 comes with a Supervision Cluster available only in the Asta variants which includes electronic fuel level indicator, engine temp, gear shift and door ajar indicators(indicates the specific door open as against a general beep earlier).
Old 29th March 2012, 11:18   #57
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
I'm confused between this and the ford fiesta classic. This is loaded with bells and whistles but don't want to book a car without ever having seeing it and driven it.
Go for the ford, I have the i20 Asta(o) and can safely say that the ride and handling of the ford is light years ahead of the i20, Fiesta has one of the finest AC's too, features etc might sound tempting initially, in the long run what matters is good ride and handling, I sorely miss that in the i20.
rbp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 11:34   #58
BHPian

For a change, I seem to like the new facelifted i20. Need to see it in flesh though. Driver side Arm Rest is a very welcome move and hope all others start including it.
Old 29th March 2012, 11:37   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
If you crave for drivability, it has to be the Ford hands down. I have the verna sxo and I can tell you handing is it's biggest downside. And looking at history, I don't expect the Fluidic designs to have better handling than what they have right now.

However, if you are never going to drive hard and would want all the bling...then the new i20 is your best choice. If its anything like the new Verna, trust me, the quality of the interiors and the gadgets will be segment toppers.
Old 29th March 2012, 11:55   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Go for the ford, I have the i20 Asta(o) and can safely say that the ride and handling of the ford is light years ahead of the i20, Fiesta has one of the finest AC's too, features etc might sound tempting initially, in the long run what matters is good ride and handling, I sorely miss that in the i20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
If you crave for drivability, it has to be the Ford hands down. I have the verna sxo and I can tell you handing is it's biggest downside. And looking at history, I don't expect the Fluidic designs to have better handling than what they have right now.

However, if you are never going to drive hard and would want all the bling...then the new i20 is your best choice. If its anything like the new Verna, trust me, the quality of the interiors and the gadgets will be segment toppers.

Thanks for your input guys. I am a very enthusiastic driver however this car will be shared between my mum and me and we will keep it for at least 4+ years.

I'm going to see the new i20 today and will take a call.

And yeah it will be a disel.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed