Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2012, 20:22   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Length of the car increased? Highly unlikely! I don't think there is any dimension changes. The rear space increase might be due to some seat design changes.
The new i20 is 5cm longer than the older one.Although the boot looks unchanged the rear legroom is more.
Old 31st March 2012, 20:48   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

Length of the car increased? Highly unlikely! I don't think there is any dimension changes. The rear space increase might be due to some seat design changes.
+1.

If the cars length is increased beyond 4000mm, will lose excise duty benefits of small car.
Old 31st March 2012, 21:02   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
I'm confused between this and the ford fiesta classic. This is loaded with bells and whistles but don't want to book a car without ever having seeing it and driven it.
Hey, I have a fiesta 1.6 (p) SXI as well as a i20 (p) Sportz. In my honest opinion, the ford is a dream to drive. The engine may be older but it holds some serious grunt, and if you enjoy heading out and hitting the tarmac as often as i do, you'll appreciate the hydraulic steering and gear stick for sheer feedback. The i20 on the other hand is a tamer (milder) bundle of joy. with plenty of features to keep you beaming.

My i20 is 5 days short of turning a year, but my three year old stallion still gets my heart racing when i'm behind the wheel.

all in all - two very capable cars - with very different purposes. Hope this helps mate. Drive safe. Cheers !
swami jive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 21:14   #124
Senior - BHPian

In the 2nd (official?) pic that GTO posted, the central MID display layout is different from the outgoing model. Also, I see the distance to empty icon in it (though it displays ZERO as the fuel is ZERO ). Are they putting in the real time fuel consumption details?
Old 31st March 2012, 22:31   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_
In the 2nd (official?) pic that GTO posted, the central MID display layout is different from the outgoing model. Also, I see the distance to empty icon in it (though it displays ZERO as the fuel is ZERO ). Are they putting in the real time fuel consumption details?
Quite unlikely. I've always thought Hyundai keeps giving this feature a miss only because the driver would be able to see real time the 18.5 kmpl claim for the petrol is a joke.
Old 31st March 2012, 23:26   #126
Senior - BHPian

Heres the complete brochure.

Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-dsc_0004.jpg

Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-dsc_0006.jpg

Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-dsc_0007.jpg

Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-dsc_0008.jpg

Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-dsc_0009.jpg

Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-dsc_0010.jpg

Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-dsc_0011.jpg

Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-dsc_0013.jpg
sidindica is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st April 2012, 00:14   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Heres the complete brochure.
Thanks for the pics Sid. But some images are ruined by the flash and hence the writings are not visible. If possible, please take the pictures again with the flash off.
Old 1st April 2012, 09:30   #128
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Both of these companies use Imported components for their AT set of cars, like:
-i20 AT uses Imported AT Gearbox mated to Imported 1.4 Gamma engine.
-Dzire uses Imported AT Gearbox mated to Locally build 1.2 k-series engine + ABS + Some additional Cosmetic bits.

Another factor affecting the price is the Market difference, as Suzuki Imports the components from Japan while Hyundai from Korea.
So, due to all these varying reasons the Price difference between these cars vary differently.
So they are importing the engine in the AT as well. The Engine+Box assembly probably attracts a higher contribution to MNREGA etc.,ie taxes. I have no issues with the local assembly of the engines and/or the boxes. As for the exchange rate etc. the same applies for the entire range. I am yet to see a pic of the AT shifter. They have always claimed their 3+1 to be a 4-speed which it is not. You do not get the option of shifting into 3 with engine braking.

Added:
Saw the pics on www.carwale.com. The pathetic and prehistoric 3+1 continues.

Last edited by sgiitk : 1st April 2012 at 09:51. Reason: Added last line
Old 1st April 2012, 13:53   #129
BHPian

Great. The Bronze colour looks cool and i think the choice i made was right. I m getting the deliver for ASTA crdi on coming week.
Old 1st April 2012, 17:59   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami jive View Post
Hey, I have a fiesta 1.6 (p) SXI as well as a i20 (p) Sportz. In my honest opinion, the ford is a dream to drive. The engine may be older but it holds some serious grunt, and if you enjoy heading out and hitting the tarmac as often as i do, you'll appreciate the hydraulic steering and gear stick for sheer feedback. The i20 on the other hand is a tamer (milder) bundle of joy. with plenty of features to keep you beaming.

My i20 is 5 days short of turning a year, but my three year old stallion still gets my heart racing when i'm behind the wheel.

all in all - two very capable cars - with very different purposes. Hope this helps mate. Drive safe. Cheers !
Sir your post pretty much sums it up for me!

I went for really long test drives in both the cars and the fiesta was a pleasure to drive! And after all the feedback that i've read on the forum i've decided to get the ford
Old 1st April 2012, 19:56   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
Sir your post pretty much sums it up for me!

I went for really long test drives in both the cars and the fiesta was a pleasure to drive! And after all the feedback that i've read on the forum i've decided to get the ford
Brilliant, a decision you wont regret. definitely pick up the extended warranty on the car. its the best money you can spend on the fiesta. The ford is known to have a brilliant AC n I shall gladly vouch for it. but the cooling coils have been known to develop a leak. estimated cost of repair from ford 12K, cost post extended warranty 0.00/-

Also if i'm not mistaken the mid model also comes with ABS now - so thats good value for money. The stock system in the car is not bad - and it's a comfortable car to be sitting in.

so what colour do you reckon you want to pick up, and whats your current ride.

Ride safe mate, Cheers !
Old 1st April 2012, 21:55   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Edit:: Sorry for the OT comments!

Quote:
...but the cooling coils have been known to develop a leak.
Are you talking about the new Fiesta or the Classic?

Quote:
Also if i'm not mistaken the mid model also comes with ABS now - so thats good value for money.
For the new Fiesta, ABS is standard on the base / Style variant. For classic, I believe ABS is available ONLY on the top end variant [SXi ?].

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st April 2012 at 21:58. Reason: Adding "Edit" portion
Old 1st April 2012, 22:07   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
Great. The Bronze colour looks cool and i think the choice i made was right. I m getting the deliver for ASTA crdi on coming week.
Do post pictures of the bronze color if you've already seen it on the car. My wife has booked the white, and the window to change the color, although very small, is still open. Fought my way through on this with the dealership since bronze is a debuting color. So I'd be grateful if you can help me pull the curtain on this mate.
Old 2nd April 2012, 00:34   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Edit:: Sorry for the OT comments!

Are you talking about the new Fiesta or the Classic?

For the new Fiesta, ABS is standard on the base / Style variant. For classic, I believe ABS is available ONLY on the top end variant [SXi ?].
The AC issue I mentioned is for the classic, faced the issue twice, and the dealers in Noida told me it was an inherent issue with the car. I first thought it had something to do with the fact that the water in NOIDA is brackish, but my cousin with a Diesel classic (slightly older than mine) also faced the same issue, so I decided to do a little asking around with other owners at the workshop and got the same answer, so there goes.

As for the ABS, your right. They used to ship the mid model with just the ABS (no airbags), but have seemed to discontinue this as of now (my bad) Thanks for the heads up. Its still a great ride though .
swami jive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 09:24   #135
BHPian

i20 FL complete brochure (page wise)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf i20 Brochure Pg 1.pdf (523.2 KB, 986 views)
File Type: pdf i20 Brochure Pg 2.pdf (987.8 KB, 1135 views)
File Type: pdf i20 Brochure Pg 3.pdf (1.07 MB, 701 views)
File Type: pdf i20 Brochure Pg 4.pdf (1.06 MB, 1013 views)
phoenix_rising is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks